5 dead in Tanjong Pagar speeding accident

Karoon

9 minutes ago, awhtc said:

A correction based on other posting. The shophouse was already vacated.

Oh is it? Paiseh.

Saw from google maps looks like a cafe. Probably outdated.

8C8ABB14-075C-453B-9916-24ADE5466106.png

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Macrosszero said:

BMW went up in flames with 5 people in it.Fortunately the image resolution of the photo isn't so good. 

image.thumb.png.aa5ea729197d61bc2a97becf654397d7.png

Roof got burned away. 

Probably a CFRP roof. M3, M4 or M6?

11 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Roof got burned away. 

My ignorant. Carbon fiber so easily catch fire?

No wonder those formula car always go up in flame?

10 minutes ago, Kopites said:

My ignorant. Carbon fiber so easily catch fire?

No wonder those formula car always go up in flame?

I don't think CF is that flammable as a material, but for sure it won't tahan a vehicle fire like sheet metal as the resin is likely to melt first. 

When I looked at the picture, its obvious that it has a CF roof in place, due to the cut out. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 4

48 minutes ago, awhtc said:

A correction based on other posting. The shophouse was already vacated.

Mean to say 5 died and 1 injured with serious burn so in total there are 6 in that coupe? Hmmm

Really disheartening to read those youtube comments. People died and injured yet those comments all slamming the driver/alcohol/speeding..as it they are applauding the horrific sight. 😟

Regardless of the pending police investigation some family have lost their loved one. So let show some empathy.

Rip.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Kopites said:

Mean to say 5 died and 1 injured with serious burn so in total there are 6 in that coupe? Hmmm

Really disheartening to read those youtube comments. People died and injured yet those comments all slamming the driver/alcohol/speeding..as it they are applauding the horrific sight. 😟

Regardless of the pending police investigation some family have lost their loved one. So let show some empathy.

Rip.

It’s SGRV bro.

Expect nothing less.

I think @Turboflat4 is a huge fan of that group. 🤣

• Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

I don't think CF is that flammable as a material, but for sure it won't tahan a vehicle fire like sheet metal as the resin is likely to melt first. 

When I looked at the picture, its obvious that it has a CF roof in place, due to the cut out. 

I see.

Seeing many car nownaday on the road  like to paste those look alike carbon film on their car roof some even their whole car. Hmmm...hope those material not easily inflammable as well.

7 minutes ago, Kopites said:

I see.

Seeing many car nownaday on the road  like to paste those look alike carbon film on their car roof some even their whole car. Hmmm...hope those material not easily inflammable as well.

Those wannabes are different 😂

For them, its still the original steel roof underneath whereas for this accident, its a real piece of carbon fibre.

• Praise 1

20 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

It’s SGRV bro.

Expect nothing less.

I think @Turboflat4 is a huge fan of that group. 🤣

Yes I am such an enthusiastic fan that they keep repeatedly banning me for telling the admin very constructively what I think of his intelligence, character, upbringing, parentage, etc etc. 😂

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 9

This witness post on Facebook.😆

A very 'dama start' to the second day of the lunar new year. Ah pek kena worken up at around 5:30am by loud noises - made by a group of people talking & shouting really really loudly. Alamak! Obviously drunk was my first thoughts 😳😏😒. Could not get back to sleep again because more loud noises followed. Someone had gotten into a car and was revving it, 'racing around' Tg Pagar Road in a souped-up car. Mampus!!!😵 Definitely not going back to sleep now!!🥴 Should ah pek call the mata to report? Suddenly there was a loud crash, and then...

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

This witness post on Facebook.😆

A very 'dama start' to the second day of the lunar new year. Ah pek kena worken up at around 5:30am by loud noises - made by a group of people talking & shouting really really loudly. Alamak! Obviously drunk was my first thoughts 😳😏😒. Could not get back to sleep again because more loud noises followed. Someone had gotten into a car and was revving it, 'racing around' Tg Pagar Road in a souped-up car. Mampus!!!😵 Definitely not going back to sleep now!!🥴 Should ah pek call the mata to report? Suddenly there was a loud crash, and then...

Mr Song issit?😁 I've heard he lives nearby but didn't know he's that near to the good makan places...

• Haha! 2

56 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

Roof got burned away. 

Driver door looks more like M3 than M4. 

The car came out from Duxton Hill?  

32 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Rip.

It's the same when we celebrate PMD/ebike riders riding recklessly and kena knocked down. They knew the risks and took it. Lucky this BMW driver did not take any innocent bystander with him. 

Hope this incident will send a deterrent message to those who drive recklessly (like many Sirocco drivers). But they probably think it would never happen to them!

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

9 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Mr Song issit?😁 I've heard he lives nearby but didn't know he's that near to the good makan places...

Yes its Mr Buay Song.

:grin:

• Haha! 3

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/five-die-after-car-slams-into-tanjong-pagar-shophouse-on-saturday-morning

Basically unit was empty at the time of the incident. There is likely to be more than one car involved, and the injured person was probably not in the burning car, perhaps got injured trying to save his friends.

Return 1 COE to the pool and 5 I/Cs. Sad.

Edited by Macrosszero
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

27 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

You mean Talk cock Sing SONG? 🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4