5 dead in Tanjong Pagar speeding accident

Karoon

Hypersonic
26 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

.... and there goes my FC too 😰 ..... and stress on engine mounts/ suspension 😆

And with so many street in HDB neighbourhood change to Silver Zone, more hump to come.

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
31 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

.... and there goes my FC too 😰 ..... and stress on engine mounts/ suspension 😆

Even without these Humps..did you notice..not a single Road in Singapore is smooth.?So many Road Works..Dig here,dig there..patched up..Dig again..patched up...🤬🤬🤬

• Haha! 6

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Yep at 3am, I’m sure reckless driver will slow down and see if there’s anybody when they see a pedestrian crossing. 🤣

LTA dont care 3am or 3 pm la. They just add as many pedestrian crossings as possible to cover the problem without thinking if the solution really can resolve the problem lo. 🙄

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
3 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Even without these Humps..did you notice..not a single Road in Singapore is smooth.?So many Road Works..Dig here,dig there..patched up..Dig again..patched up...🤬🤬🤬

and every other estate also turning silver. now s-course and merging lanes everywhere. smooth? more like driving like snakes.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

I think the pedestrian crossing is a huge ass hump.

No need pedestrian crossing then have huge ass hump. Nowadays there are many ''hump'' on the road due to poor repatching works. How often can you find a road smooth smooth de? Majority of the roads are uneven and bumpy.

Supersonic
58 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

If you drive along Lorong 8 Toa Payoh starting from the market cum hawker center to the Polyclinic, you can never speed..... :wut:

The number of big humps along that stretch of road.... :darkmood:

Spoke to the MP and was informed that because that stretch of HDB houses, lots of old folks (Grey Hair) staying there and the big  humps are to slow down the vehicles speed.    :we-all-gonna-die:

So much so that even the 'T' junction near to Braddell Tech Industrial Buildings also raised up . :=B:

Did they covert that road to silver zone? Usually you can never able to speed in silver zone de.

1 minute ago, Etnt said:

and every other estate also turning silver. now s-course and merging lanes everywhere. smooth? more like driving like snakes.

Actually I am very impressed with a newly created mini round-about in TPY Lorong 5 that replaced a normal junction. Make the u-turning much smoother to do. 

• Praise 3

Supersonic
9 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Fully agreed, nowadays travel on the roads are so damn irritating with so many uneveness, bumpy and humps.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Actually I am very impressed with a newly created mini round-about in TPY Lorong 5 that replaced a normal junction. Make the u-turning much smoother to do. 

The TPY lor 5 mini roundabout is good as compared to the min roundabout infront of the whampoa food centre. That mini roundabout in whampoa is potentially dangerous and create jam.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic
19 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No need pedestrian crossing then have huge ass hump. Nowadays there are many ''hump'' on the road due to poor repatching works. How often can you find a road smooth smooth de? Majority of the roads are uneven and bumpy.

Me Siam Mai Hump?

🤣

• Haha! 3

Twincharged

I don’t mind more spectacular crashes. As long as ownself kill ownself and destroy own vehicle and don’t drag anyone else along is ok. 

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
29 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Did they covert that road to silver zone? Usually you can never able to speed in silver zone de.

No. Just a lot of hump.

i find the random placement of humps getting out of hand and is in fact affecting traffic flow. 

last time humps were for schools, car parks etc.

now some regular roads also put humps, seems like LTA's only solution to speeding is put humps, just like see SAF MO only get panadol. :XD:

• Praise 1

Supersonic
41 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Hehe... Saw that a few nights ago when there for ehemm supper 😋

Yes, u-turning was smoother, just hug the bend and turn. 

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Following the fatal crash, the Land Transport Authority looked into the road conditions at Tanjong Pagar and subsequently installed more traffic-calming measures such as road dividers and pedestrian crossings.

pedestrian crossings as a traffic calming measure? 🤣

If a driver is reckless, a pedestrian crossing will not do shit to him.

People's power...human shield...😁

• Haha! 1

58 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Me Siam Mai Hump?

🤣

No need to siam...cannot siam anymore cos it is grey zone islandwide liao 😂

Only punggol still young...

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
49 minutes ago, Blueray said:

i find the random placement of humps getting out of hand and is in fact affecting traffic flow. 

last time humps were for schools, car parks etc.

now some regular roads also put humps, seems like LTA's only solution to speeding is put humps, just like see SAF MO only get panadol. :XD:

Inside MSCP also can find hump. Lol. Like i said, even no hump, nowadays most of the roads are quite uneven and many ''humps'', so better not to speed also.

↡ Advertisement