Singapore brand Prism+ TV

StreetFight3r

8 minutes ago, Dafansu said:

Seems like nobody buying their TV, only got this model and this size. 😁

Also note the Hitachi is listed as a smart TV.. not an android TV.. so the available apps are dependant on Hitachi.

↡ Advertisement

1 minute ago, Tkseah said:

Also note the Hitachi is listed as a smart TV.. not an android TV.. so the available apps are dependant on Hitachi.

depends on one needs, if android TV, i think Prism still one of the cheapest and value buy.

2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Ok leh for this price. Got 3 years warranty. Xiaomi if I'm not wrong only give 1 year or 6 mths warranty. LoL...

Xiaomi depends on who you buy from. Think official store is 2 years warranty.

my criteria for choosing TV brand is more about the colour calibration/accuracy that the DSP can produce. I get eye cancer from those oversaturated fake colours they keep looping on the showroom demo TVs. so i'll need to get the sales guy to play "real TV programs" and switch to a more realistic colour mode and judge whether i like the colours as a daily viewing. that's why i can't buy a TV online sigh....

edit: if you're into "free streaming sites" then you'll probably also need to make sure the TV's built-in browser and CPU is able to properly render those sites.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Tkseah said:

Yup, either get an android TV or a Samsung/LG smart TV.. all others better skip.

My Samsung lasted me 3 years + , same as my Panasonic, I'll just go for Prism, of the cheapest since they provide onsite 3 years warranty. For Samsung range for almost similar specs as Prism it will cost easily another $300+- 

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Jellandross said:

my criteria for choosing TV brand is more about the colour calibration/accuracy that the DSP can produce. I get eye cancer from those oversaturated fake colours they keep looping on the showroom demo TVs. so i'll need to get the sales guy to play "real TV programs" and switch to a more realistic colour mode and judge whether i like the colours as a daily viewing. that's why i can't buy a TV online sigh....

edit: if you're into "free streaming sites" then you'll probably also need to make sure the TV's built-in browser and CPU is able to properly render those sites.

You should watch from Ipad. hahaha. I think they calibrate the color better than most manufacturers.

Sony TV is good thou. hahaha.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

5 ticks sia. hahaha. 

quality must be like daikin! hahahahahah

My TV also 5 ticks.

Its the most energy efficient TV in the whole world.

:grin:

Its broken so don't use any electricity at all.

image.png.594667476730ee865d6ab85470a7bd1c.png

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

17 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

You should watch from Ipad. hahaha. I think they calibrate the color better than most manufacturers.

Sony TV is good thou. hahaha.

If you ever get that frustrating red LED blinking a couple of times followed by white screen problem next time [laugh]

Luckily the repair proved to be still more cost-effective than changing to a new TV. Replaced a small board (not motherboard, which would've been pointless from cost point of view, even the repair guy said so), at around $100+ and now as good as before. Mine is a 5+ year old android tv.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
27 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

If you ever get that frustrating red LED blinking a couple of times followed by white screen problem next time [laugh]

Luckily the repair proved to be still more cost-effective than changing to a new TV. Replaced a small board (not motherboard, which would've been pointless from cost point of view, even the repair guy said so), at around $100+ and now as good as before. Mine is a 5+ year old android tv.

Ahhh.. if can repair is best. Last time before my father retire, he is a television repairman. I am his QC supervisor. He repair liao, have to go through me for at least 48 hours of watching then can send back to his customer.

If I saw dots or flickering, it will send back to my father home office and do the repair again. 😎

I also sarpork repair if can. But the smart TV these days the parts inside are so small. it is hard to manually soldier the chip liao.haha.

• Praise 2

Got my in-laws a 55" prism a few months ago, no complaints from them. I like their customer service, quite responsive.

Not my 1st prism product as 2 out of the 3 monitors at my desk are prisms, as is the monitor mount. Wifey's single at the back is also a prism. We sappork local so it's prisms, omnidesks and secretlab chairs in our study. In addition to our apple and lenovo laptops, we also have 2 aftershock rigs.

Monitors.thumb.jpeg.8e5ee039744f956c759d8a6173156c32.jpeg

• Praise 4

Internal Moderator
4 minutes ago, Myxilplix said:

Got my in-laws a 55" prism a few months ago, no complaints from them. I like their customer service, quite responsive.

Not my 1st prism product as 2 out of the 3 monitors at my desk are prisms, as is the monitor mount. Wifey's single at the back is also a prism. We sappork local so it's prisms, omnidesks and secretlab chairs in our study. In addition to our apple and lenovo laptops, we also have 2 aftershock rigs.

Monitors.thumb.jpeg.8e5ee039744f956c759d8a6173156c32.jpeg

Haha, You must be a gamer. hahah.

A friend of mine bought the 75" Prism. I have a Samsung 65" QLED. I went to his housewarming last weekend and was playing with the TV watching some 4k videos on YouTube. 

Honestly, I can't tell the difference.

For the price he paid for the Prism 75" ~$1300 (bought during 12-12 sale online) it is really really cheap. 

If I'm in need for a TV, for the price, even if the reliability is poor, I can live with it. For the record I paid almost $3.5k for my 65" Samsung.  

• Praise 5

9 minutes ago, Gizmore said:

A friend of mine bought the 75" Prism. I have a Samsung 65" QLED. I went to his housewarming last weekend and was playing with the TV watching some 4k videos on YouTube. 

Honestly, I can't tell the difference.

For the price he paid for the Prism 75" ~$1300 (bought during 12-12 sale online) it is really really cheap. 

If I'm in need for a TV, for the price, even if the reliability is poor, I can live with it. For the record I paid almost $3.5k for my 65" Samsung.  

Need to know what u are watching for lor.

Your QLED surely is better with shadows or high dynamic range backgrounds due to the difference in backlighting technology.

↡ Advertisement