Singapore brand Prism+ TV

StreetFight3r

Internal Moderator
13 minutes ago, Gizmore said:

A friend of mine bought the 75" Prism. I have a Samsung 65" QLED. I went to his housewarming last weekend and was playing with the TV watching some 4k videos on YouTube. 

Honestly, I can't tell the difference.

For the price he paid for the Prism 75" ~$1300 (bought during 12-12 sale online) it is really really cheap. 

If I'm in need for a TV, for the price, even if the reliability is poor, I can live with it. For the record I paid almost $3.5k for my 65" Samsung.  

I always hoot the cheapest TV also. My friend always hoot the most expensive ones. But end of the day, the same show we watched we both received the same content also. hahaha. Unless you are a movie buff. then different story.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Don't say so loud. I got shares in SS.

:D

15 minutes ago, Gizmore said:

A friend of mine bought the 75" Prism. I have a Samsung 65" QLED. I went to his housewarming last weekend and was playing with the TV watching some 4k videos on YouTube. 

For the price he paid for the Prism 75" ~$1300 (bought during 12-12 sale online) it is really really cheap. 

If I'm in need for a TV, for the price, even if the reliability is poor, I can live with it. For the record I paid almost $3.5k for my 65" Samsung.  

7 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Need to know what u are watching for lor.

Your QLED surely is better with shadows or high dynamic range backgrounds due to the difference in backlighting technology.

That's true. 

But I'm old man (old man = degrading eye sight) and usually TV are watched during poor ambient environment, either during the day or at night with living room lights on. All the superiority of QLED probably comes to nothing liao. 

• Praise 1

21 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I always hoot the cheapest TV also. My friend always hoot the most expensive ones. But end of the day, the same show we watched we both received the same content also. hahaha. Unless you are a movie buff. then different story.

i use my panny oled tv in my bedroom, very happy with it.

But if put in living room, just for kids to watch video, any cheap android tv (xiaomi or what) will do 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

i use my panny oled tv in my bedroom, very happy with it.

But if put in living room, just for kids to watch video, any cheap android tv (xiaomi or what) will do 

I agree. haha. you must know your usage then buy accordingly.

46 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Your QLED surely is better with shadows or high dynamic range backgrounds due to the difference in backlighting technology.

Xiaomi 4K, UHD 65" going for only $843 on Qoo10 now.

For this price, who cares about extended warranty?

1 hour ago, Gizmore said:

The main benefit of samsung, even if image quality is matched by prism, is the app support.

There's netflix, singtel cast and even apple tv available. Singtel cast is useful as a mini version of mio tv coz u can subscribe a few channels and dun need the fibre tv box 😄

• Praise 1

58 minutes ago, Davidklt said:

I've not tried a xiaomi interface before. Don't mind trying one if my older LG tv konks out.

But the LG remote/interface is the most intuitive I've used. My in laws and my parents all use LG.

• Praise 3

1 minute ago, Lala81 said:

I've not tried a xiaomi interface before. Don't mind trying one if my older LG tv konks out.

But the LG remote/interface is the most intuitive I've used. My in laws and my parents all use LG.

Xiaomi TV will be less responsive input from remote over time.

For e.g, any change in input port will take a few second.

• Praise 1

16 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I just bought a LG65 @ 1.8K including bracket and installation. Was deciding between this and the Sony. They were side by side playing the same high res 4k video and def can see the difference. BUT, if you were to look at one panel at a time or even playing lower grade videos, im pretty sure no one can feel the difference. 

14 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Ya. Im using my LG in the bedroom, the magic wand is very user friendly. That's why i bought a LG for my living room. 

• Praise 2

18 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

It's the same as audio (and other hobbies), some people can't tell the difference between the sound quality of a $1,000 system and $10,000 system....it's up to individuals' ability to discern the difference. The less discerning u are, the richer u will be 🙂

• Praise 2

In the end bought an LG from audio house online

55" UN7300 didnt even test the TV quality or sound just bought it cos within budget n decent lookin $940 with delivery

Can get cheaper if prism but one of the bros here suggested goin to read reviews at hwz 1st

Read liao dun wan buy liao lol but maybr will consider prism for room tv like 30" type 

Bad experience with one of the sales person at audio house then decided to order online, fuss free

Delivery tmr

Edited by StreetFight3r
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Kar_lover said:

It's the same as audio (and other hobbies), some people can't tell the difference between the sound quality of a $1,000 system and $10,000 system....it's up to individuals' ability to discern the difference. The less discerning u are, the richer u will be 🙂

Yah. I agree. haha. Lucky I don't have any hobby. so no need to spend. hehehehe

21 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

The LG entry level A1 / B1 OLED sets for 2021 are at a more affordable prices but importantly, it comes with some of the tech functions like AI for the screens as well.

Has anyone compare PRISM with Xiaomi on the colors and brightness

Seems like a fair comparison base on prices.

Edited by Sdf4786k

4 hours ago, StreetFight3r said:

In the end bought an LG from audio house online

55" UN7300 didnt even test the TV quality or sound just bought it cos within budget n decent lookin $940 with delivery

Can get cheaper if prism but one of the bros here suggested goin to read reviews at hwz 1st

Read liao dun wan buy liao lol but maybr will consider prism for room tv like 30" type 

Bad experience with one of the sales person at audio house then decided to order online, fuss free

Delivery tmr

Ya Audio House sales sucks.

Simply not interested attend to customer. GC and HN sales folks are desperate. Willing to drop pants to earn your money. 

23 hours ago, Davidklt said:

need to ensure reputable seller before getting, if not get a piece of paper 

Lazada S'pore user orders TV, gets bubble-wrapped letter containing wishes for a 'happy life' instead

https://mothership.sg/2021/02/lazada-order-letter-not-tv/

↡ Advertisement