Singapore brand Prism+ TV

StreetFight3r

9 minutes ago, Tkseah said:

They are famous for such tactics. When I ordered my TV online from them thru lazada, I made sure to double check the model number is correct during delivery.. haha

That's indicative of how distrusted this seller is.

Anyway nowadays with whatsapp and carousell or what not, just a few messages here and there will get you the best quote out there from sales rep for any bigger ticket item. Price matching is easily done also. Just go down to pay the invoice.

Small ticket item then just use lazada or what.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator
13 hours ago, Dafansu said:

This Hitachi TV 65 inch worth it? 

$817 only with wall mount installation (after DBS card additional  7% off). Smart TV not android. 1 year warranty (can add another $100 to extend to 3 years) 

https://www.homeappliances.hitachi.com/sg/eng/products/tv/smart-tv/ld65hts08u.html?productId=ld65hts08u

go for it!

58 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

This would have been eliminated if they use blockchain to transact. 

No need blockchain.

The platform shld hold the money until the buyer indicate the delivery done and goods received. 

On 2/18/2021 at 2:58 PM, Gizmore said:

Ya Audio House sales sucks.

Simply not interested attend to customer. GC and HN sales folks are desperate. Willing to drop pants to earn your money. 

Pants?

Got chio bu sales consultants willing to drop skirt or not?

I like to see colour TV.

:grin:

If i were to buy my next tv, i'd stay away from smart tv and opt for android tv.

smart tv apps depends on the mercy of the tv manufacturer.

My current Philips smart tv can't use Prime video, so suck thumb.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Jusnel said:

No need blockchain.

The platform shld hold the money until the buyer indicate the delivery done and goods received. 

Why so ? Just need to inform Lazada that goods are not received in order. They would reverse the tranasction.

2 hours ago, Kb27 said:

If i were to buy my next tv, i'd stay away from smart tv and opt for android tv.

I think depends on your needs, if like me only need Youtube and the usual watching of mediacorp channels , I think Smart TV might be a better choice. Read that android TV will also takes a longer time to start up from off switch? 

1 hour ago, Dafansu said:

I think depends on your needs, if like me only need Youtube and the usual watching of mediacorp channels , I think Smart TV might be a better choice. Read that android TV will also takes a longer time to start up from off switch? 

For Andriod TV, you can stream movies or video clips from your mobile device. 

3 hours ago, Davidklt said:

For Andriod TV, you can stream movies or video clips from your mobile device. 

Smart TV also can, at least for mine. 

9 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Can just add an android box?

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Can just add an android box?

Yes, i have a couple. Just lazy to set it up. But I'm not watching much tv at the moment. So it can wait.

• Praise 1

Just curious, what is Prism+ business model and objectives in the long term?

Panels are super high-tech and capital intensive industry so only a few major OEMs (LG, Samsung, Hitachi, Sharp, Innolux etc) actually have factories that churn out panels and they supply to basically every TV brand.

Since the immense competition and commodification of TVs, it is price sensitive with little differentiation among brands. Your economies of scale is one of the only advantage as the guy who sells 10 million can get a lower panel component cost versus the guy who sells 100,000.

This is the same for monitors also, except the major makers are typically the PC makers such as Dell/HP etc.

So Prism+ does not have advantage of economies of scale; does not have a large captive market like China to operate in; does not have tech differentiation (panels are OEM, OS is generic stuff like Android supplied etc). What is their end-game?

• Praise 3

41 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

So Prism+ does not have advantage of economies of scale; does not have a large captive market like China to operate in; does not have tech differentiation (panels are OEM, OS is generic stuff like Android supplied etc). What is their end-game?

I guess for those who purchase this brand belong to the price sensitive segment.. simply mean no brand loyalty..

If they failed to keep their price value for money people will just switch to Crystal.. Diamond.. Sapphire and what got you..

The brand can die who really care? Even big brand die.. don change our life abit.

1 hour ago, t0y0ta said:

Just curious, what is Prism+ business model and objectives in the long term?

Panels are super high-tech and capital intensive industry so only a few major OEMs (LG, Samsung, Hitachi, Sharp, Innolux etc) actually have factories that churn out panels and they supply to basically every TV brand.

Since the immense competition and commodification of TVs, it is price sensitive with little differentiation among brands. Your economies of scale is one of the only advantage as the guy who sells 10 million can get a lower panel component cost versus the guy who sells 100,000.

This is the same for monitors also, except the major makers are typically the PC makers such as Dell/HP etc.

Brand building. Once they have a fan base, they can/would slowly introduce other range of products/other appliances.

This is how Xiaomi got started. 

And being in Singapore, I think it also make sense for them to expand into Malaysia. If they can even compete in the SEA markets and compete with other big brands, maybe that's good enough for the founders to have enough money to last several generations.

Edited by Davidklt
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

I guess for those who purchase this brand belong to the price sensitive segment.. simply mean no brand loyalty..

If they failed to keep their price value for money people will just switch to Crystal.. Diamond.. Sapphire and what got you..

The brand can die who really care? Even big brand die.. don change our life abit.

The mindset of people buying TV now is changing.

People used to buy TVs to last 5 , 10 years.

Nowadays, people buy TVs to last till the next technology or TV trend comes about. The intention is to hold the TV for maybe 2 to 3 years then change. The lower purchased price would help to justify this.

I used my TV for 2.5 years, now already itchy and want to change.

• Praise 2

53 minutes ago, Davidklt said:

The mindset of people buying TV now is changing.

People used to buy TVs to last 5 , 10 years.

Nowadays, people buy TVs to last till the next technology or TV trend comes about. The intention is to hold the TV for maybe 2 to 3 years then change. The lower purchased price would help to justify this.

I used my TV for 2.5 years, now already itchy and want to change.

Isn't the same as our mobile phones?  

We are all too pampered 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3