Disney+ subscription for $11.98/month, starting 23rd Feb!

BabyBlade

9 minutes ago, Tjkbeluga said:

Thks! Indeed, mirroring was my concern. So if chromecast just needs instructions  from phone then it's fine. 

but chromecast can download the Disney+ app, no need to cast from phone.

↡ Advertisement

17 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

you need to control the chromecast via your phone la

oic..... then buy mi tv stick better, no need to cast from phone. Chromecast with Google tv is double the price.

• Praise 1

56 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

you need to control the chromecast via your phone la

The new one with google tv comes with a remote but more ex

5 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I have prime because of grand tour too. When is jeremy Clarkson and gangs wanna jump to disney+ arh? hahahahaha.

The trio are not exactly children friendly. Lol. But it will be good if amazon buy over disney and netflix. 4 bucks to view it all!

1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

The trio are not exactly children friendly. Lol. But it will be good if amazon buy over disney and netflix. 4 bucks to view it all!

why would they still charging $4 if they monopolize the market? [laugh]

• Haha! 2

17 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

I have prime because of grand tour too. When is jeremy Clarkson and gangs wanna jump to disney+ arh? hahahahaha.

Unlikely. 

Clarkson and gang already worn out. Their latest "special" was only special insofar as to how lame it was. 

58 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

mi tv stick got sale on lazada, no 4K though.

Screenshot_20210227-084725_Lazada.jpg

This kind of upscale 4k no use one. There is a big difference with upscale and native 4k. Also, ur tv must support 4k. Else u are just wasting money.

2 hours ago, Stratovarius said:

This kind of upscale 4k no use one. There is a big difference with upscale and native 4k. Also, ur tv must support 4k. Else u are just wasting money.

It's 40 dollars sir. Not 400.

1 hour ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

It's 40 dollars sir. Not 400.

You are not getting my point. I'm saying do not be fooled by what is advertised as 4k. Not the price. 40 or 400, upscale is upscale. 

On 2/26/2021 at 2:35 PM, BabyBlade said:

151269159_4118462688193352_1266324467781248334_o.thumb.png.59679e9163f9fbccebc0bd785da6996c.png

I just switched from a Netflix's $19.98 family plan to Disney's $11.98 family plan.  

Cancelled Netflix. Hopefully next time I signed up again, it is $11.98 for the family plan. Lol

Some competition is good.

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, Jman888 said:

why would they still charging $4 if they monopolize the market? [laugh]

It is a content war, hard for anyone to monopolize the market. If someone did, we will pay through our nose. Like Singtel charging crazy amount for EPL.

5 hours ago, Voodooman said:

It is a content war, hard for anyone to monopolize the market. If someone did, we will pay through our nose. Like Singtel charging crazy amount for EPL.

Actually in your example, isn't EPL that is the monopoly? Not Singtel?

Internal Moderator
5 hours ago, Voodooman said:

I just switched from a Netflix's $19.98 family plan to Disney's $11.98 family plan.  

Cancelled Netflix. Hopefully next time I signed up again, it is $11.98 for the family plan. Lol

Some competition is good.

The contents quite different though. What made you choose Disney+ over Netflix? I actually quite like Disney+ too for its Marvel and Disney content. 

How's the TV series on Disney+? For netflix, most of the shows I watched re TV series, Netflix has both old, new and some very goof netflix original  TV series. 

So I spotted Chromecast at Challenger and bought it out of instant gratification...

Verdict? 

- Viewing Disney+ worked flawlessly. After setting up, when I run Disney+ app on my phone, a cast icon will appear on top right. I just click on the icon and then select a show I want to watch. The video will display on my TV while the poster of the show will appear on my phone and I can play/pause and skip. Funny thing is that the Linking setup didn't work but I guess it's a separate feature here.

- Netflix didn't seem to work. No icon appear like Disney. The setup of linking Network to Chromecast completed but I don't see anythig special there. I tried using google assistant to play a show and it seem to only work on the phone. I tried mirror but I only see black screen with audio on TV. Downright crappy experience.
I got it figured out now. The casting icon will only appear AFTER playing the show.

Edited by Tjkbeluga

10 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

Actually in your example, isn't EPL that is the monopoly? Not Singtel?

Perhaps but Disney Plus is also a monopoly for Disney, Pixar and Marvel content. 

↡ Advertisement