Disney+ subscription for $11.98/month, starting 23rd Feb!

BabyBlade

3 hours ago, Watwheels said:

If you have Apple device you can watch free for a year. I think most of these shows are already on Apple tv. Free. For one year.

Wrong. I'll explain the confusion. While it's true you'll get free AppleTV+ subscription, ONLY Apple Originals movies (Palmer, Greyhound) and series you'll get free. The rest of the movies/series not owned by Apple but it's available on the AppleTV+, you still need to pay for it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

Wrong. I'll explain the confusion. While it's true you'll get free AppleTV+ subscription, ONLY Apple Originals movies (Palmer, Greyhound) and series you'll get free. The rest of the movies/series not owned by Apple but it's available on the AppleTV+, you still need to pay for it.

Yah, the worst tv subscription. You pay for subscription + you pay for the shows.

• Haha! 2

Too many streaming service liao. I learn to live with netflix. HBO GO really cmi if never become Max before free period end also will cancel

Disney hard to avoid but thanks to them going with starhub gonna ignore 1st

• Praise 1

26 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Guardians (GotG) 1 and 2 are among my favourites from the MCU. 

And Wandavision is pretty amazing. It's a mind trip. Not suitable for "normie" casual fans. Sooooo much better than Agents of SHIELD, which I can't even tahan watching a bit. So the Disney take over has certainly helped the MCU. But must wait till DP3 before passing final judgement, cos DP1 and 2 are also among my favourites, and they're umm... not really Disney. At all. Unless you count the South Park take on Disney. 😂😂😂

Disney gets stick for ruining SW, but Lucas ruined that from episode 1 onward. And his incessant re-editing of already perfect movies. Han shot first! No damn CGI Jabba!! Really, the original trilogy's high point, Empire was due to Lawrence Kasdan far more than GL. The most Lucas influenced one was ep 6 ROTJ, and that's hated almost as much as ep 1. Also, remember Rogue 1 was pretty awesome, and that was after Disney ownership, and had nothing to do with GL. 

You want to see what GL considers good film making, watch Howard the Duck. Also a Marvel movie technically, and he (it?) cameos in the GotG and Avengers movies. 😂😂😂

WV is quite nice actually. Not like the typical mcu movie though. Luckily they pulled back firing james gunn knowing the consequences.

Not a sw fan and never will be. Im a v casual sw viewer and even then, all the recent sw movies are crap compared to ep1 to 3. Getting nostalgic and hiring the original cast back doesn't really help.

Finally disney kinda angers all transformers toys collector by indirectly sweeping out all the fantastic 3rd party toys we getting. But I will still subscribe to watch the 23 movies for the infinity saga.😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

WV is quite nice actually. Not like the typical mcu movie though. Luckily they pulled back firing james gunn knowing the consequences.

Not a sw fan and never will be. Im a v casual sw viewer and even then, all the recent sw movies are crap compared to ep1 to 3. Getting nostalgic and hiring the original cast back doesn't really help.

Finally disney kinda angers all transformers toys collector by indirectly sweeping out all the fantastic 3rd party toys we getting. But I will still subscribe to watch the 23 movies for the infinity saga.😂

SW original trilogy is actually ep 4-6 but I guess you're really a casual SW viewer lol. 😂

There's no real typical MCU movie anymore. They're now willing to explore super high tech, human enhancement, magic, gods, devils, time travel, reality-warping and the multiverse all together. 

They have arrived. 

The DC universe is every bit as rich as (possibly even richer than) the Marvel universe in terms of the comic books. But the films are such let downs compared to the MCU movies. Which is why Marvel rules on the silver screen. 

Edited by Turboflat4

24 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

SW original trilogy is actually ep 4-6 but I guess you're really a casual SW viewer lol. 😂

No la. I know 4 to 6 is the original. I'm indicating that even the 1 to 3 prequel is better than the new 7 to 9 plus the stoopid han solo and maybe even rouge 1. Casual as in I don't play the games, watch other animation and know those canon and non canon stuff. 

7 is not too bad actually. 8 and 9 I watched halfway and switch movies. It just got the vibe of trying v hard to please fans. But it's just me.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

my netflix - i leech my fren account

spotify - i leech my fren account

apple + - free trial finishing soon

singtel cast - i pay for my mother

amazon prime - i pay

blinkist - i pay

but my most heavist consumption of media and online is mcf and youtube. haha. both free. 😁

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

9 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Another subscription service provider? Tot everyone went for ahem source?

For 11 bucks a month (and multiple users), much more convenient to just pay.

That being said,  I am also paying for a VPN for unrelated reasons. Definitely nothing to do with ahem sources.

Edited by ToyotaShuttle

41 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

For 11 bucks a month (and multiple users), much more convenient to just pay.

That being said,  I am also paying for a VPN for unrelated reasons. Definitely nothing to do with ahem sources.

You look above the post from Koba. This Disney+ is just one of the many add-ons to the various subscription. Few you add all up, you will be looking at $$$ per month just for viewing. I am paying $100+ to Mio Tv monthly already so dont wish to pay more. Basic package of action package which includes sports, added on history & crime and home and living channels.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

No la. I know 4 to 6 is the original. I'm indicating that even the 1 to 3 prequel is better than the new 7 to 9 plus the stoopid han solo and maybe even rouge 1. Casual as in I don't play the games, watch other animation and know those canon and non canon stuff. 

7 is not too bad actually. 8 and 9 I watched halfway and switch movies. It just got the vibe of trying v hard to please fans. But it's just me.

Ah gotcha. I guess I'm even more casual than you. Haven't bothered to watch solo or 9 and don't watch the tv series etc. But I did think Rogue 1 wasn't bad. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

You look above the post from Koba. This Disney+ is just one of the many add-ons to the various subscription. Few you add all up, you will be looking at $$$ per month just for viewing. I am paying $100+ to Mio Tv monthly already so dont wish to pay more. Basic package of action package which includes sports, added on history & crime and home and living channels.

If you see koba's post, you can also see that he is sharing with friends. Netflix shared with friends is damn cheap on a per pax basis. Amazon prime is $3 per month? The rest I am not sure...

Why are you paying $100 per month for mio tv? That sounds like the real rip off

Yea all those subscription services just share with friends or family..

All add up still cheaper than paying the paid TV operator..

Youtube/Apple TV/Neflix/Spotify/HBO max/Disney+

8 hours ago, Adrianli said:

I was looking at starhub tv+ with netflix. Already on netflix subscription but to get Disney + i have to buy another pass @15sgd? 

Seems like abit bo hua but will check out the details with them when im signing up for home bb when my reno is done. 

7 hours ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

If you see koba's post, you can also see that he is sharing with friends. Netflix shared with friends is damn cheap on a per pax basis. Amazon prime is $3 per month? The rest I am not sure...

Why are you paying $100 per month for mio tv? That sounds like the real rip off

Action value - $69.90

History and Crime add-on - $9.90

Home and Leisure add-on - $9.90

Plus DVR set-top box rental + additional set-top box rental and content + Singtel TV Go.

So, it is around $150+ per month.

• Praise 1
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 4

37 minutes ago, Stratovarius said:

I was looking at starhub tv+ with netflix. Already on netflix subscription but to get Disney + i have to buy another pass @15sgd? 

Seems like abit bo hua but will check out the details with them when im signing up for home bb when my reno is done. 

IMHO.
Anything that involves packages will be complicated.   More effort needed to read the fine details and to terminate what is unnecessary.
Which is why I moved from Starhub.

I read about their fiber broadband.  It seems the duration is 24-months but the Disney+ that comes with it is 12-months.

2 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Action value - $69.90

History and Crime add-on - $9.90

Home and Leisure add-on - $9.90

Plus DVR set-top box rental + additional set-top box rental and content + Singtel TV Go.

So, it is around $150+ per month.

Wow. That's expensive! Hopefully you don't need netflix after paying that

↡ Advertisement