Is this minor scratch or it hits the primer already?

13luetooth

Hi everyone,

Can I ignore this scratches or I should just patch it up to prevent it from getting deep and eventually rust the metal?

If its just at the clear coat level, I guess I can ignore it right?

Generally how much does fixing scratches cost?

132868107_scratch1.thumb.jpg.74ca1d2a11ff13e320133fb6ce7f983f.jpg473023143_scratch2.thumb.jpg.d4eebdab45040f3d874bfa8ca335900d.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

51 minutes ago, 13luetooth said:

Hi everyone,

Can I ignore this scratches or I should just patch it up to prevent it from getting deep and eventually rust the metal?

132868107_scratch1.thumb.jpg.74ca1d2a11ff13e320133fb6ce7f983f.jpg473023143_scratch2.thumb.jpg.d4eebdab45040f3d874bfa8ca335900d.jpg

i must admit i have old flower eyes, but it looks like a good polish (like autoglym super resin) may reduce how visible it is at a glance, but will not totally eliminate the line ..

Based on personal experience, u should be able to reduce it by 60-70% after diy polishing.

If the scratch is too deep, even professional buffering or polishing by WS cannot remove 100%. Can only repaint.

Suggest u diy first, then do professional polish or respray only when car have more scratches down the road.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, 13luetooth said:

Hi everyone,

This one polish can remove le.

try this!

https://shopee.sg/Soft99-Rubbing-Compound-Metallic-i.60477235.1025579094

52 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

the scratch is in one's heart. leave it alone and the scratch will disappear after a while.

I like this. my car is only 7th weeks old la haha. i'm actually ok now.

Initially heart pain for like 2 hours then see through it already.

Now I just hope that I don't ignore this until it becomes a problem to the chassis itself.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, 13luetooth said:

I'm noob in this. my frend was telling me that I need to claybar before doing any polishing.

Is it necessary? Or I can just wash it then do the polishing right away?

If you only wanna polish that portion, no need to clay lah. just wash the car and then you start polish.

I will only recommend you hand polish. because you dunno machine how much grit and rpm to polish off. Hand is the safest.

Just go circular with the polish on the sponge. let it cure for a few minutes, then use a microfibre cloth and buff off.

If still have the line, you can try a few more times. then afterwhich, if cannot. then you have to assess you wanna do spot painting or send it to a professional polisher.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
16 minutes ago, 13luetooth said:

I like this. my car is only 7th weeks old la haha. i'm actually ok now.

Initially heart pain for like 2 hours then see through it already.

Now I just hope that I don't ignore this until it becomes a problem to the chassis itself.

Just be prepared when you are driving. Just will have dinks and scratch one. 🙂

Last time when I drive my father car, when I scratch his car, i will paste a sticker over. 🙂 you can try that method too. hahaha.

• Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

If you only wanna polish that portion, no need to clay lah. just wash the car and then you start polish.

I will only recommend you hand polish. because you dunno machine how much grit and rpm to polish off. Hand is the safest.

Just go circular with the polish on the sponge. let it cure for a few minutes, then use a microfibre cloth and buff off.

If still have the line, you can try a few more times. then afterwhich, if cannot. then you have to assess you wanna do spot painting or send it to a professional polisher.

if cannot then I just ignore liao hahaha. I doubt it affect the metal itself.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, 13luetooth said:

if cannot then I just ignore liao hahaha. I doubt it affect the metal itself.

yah. don't think will affect. You can still sticker it away.

Decoration-Car-Styling-Stickers-2pcs-85c

hahaha.

• Haha! 1

30 minutes ago, 13luetooth said:

Who so zek ark !

A dreaming cyclist riding on pavement knocked onto my stationary car while I was waiting to exit carpark to main road.

Suay la, is just a teenager. Just made sure he's ok and I left.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7