Moderna vaccine in Singapore

VteckiCk

Second vaccine arrive in Singapore yesterday. I would like to start this thread to consolidate feedback on Moderna vaccine for everyone's benefit. As I understand we will not be able to choose the brand of vaccine,my question is although we cannot choose,but we will be able to know which vaccine we are being administered with right,since there is a leaflet given to you at the vaccination centre indicating side effects etc etc etc... Side effects for Moderna reportedly stronger than Pfizer but comparatively most of the news with serious side effects or "deaths" reported mostly like belong to Pfizer. Regardless,I'm all for vaccination if it saves lives.... Good job 🇸🇬 

915065d7-7dff-4717-b774-58f06413edbb.thumb.jpg.2c165f3ba7141b743151f72889a994be.jpg

Singapore received its first shipment of Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine on Wednesday (Feb 17), two weeks after authorities approved it for use here.

The vaccines were carried on board Singapore Airlines (SIA) flight SQ7137, a scheduled freighter service from Brussels, Belgium, and arrived in Singapore at about 1.40pm.

"The vaccines were prioritised for loading into the aircraft in Brussels and was given precedence during unloading in Singapore. They were then transported to SATS' cold-chain facility, Coolport, for subsequent storage and ground transportation," SIA said on Wednesday.

It was announced on Feb 3 that the Health Sciences Authority has granted interim authorisation for Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine to be used in Singapore for people aged 18 years and above.

This is the second vaccine approved for use in Singapore.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

5 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

i like madonna :D

5c4e99541996136d0a9a8b93

Donno about moderna...but I like modena...plus Maradona and Madonna too 😁

OIP (1).jpg

Edited by mersaylee
  • Haha! 3

Supercharged

OK, family size vials on the way...:a-happy:

Moderna gets nod to speed up COVID-19 vaccine output with bigger vials

In a statement, Moderna said its vaccine can now can be supplied in vials containing 11 or 15 doses, and it expected to begin shipping 15-dose vials in coming weeks.

"Both of these revisions positively impact the supply of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, which will help provide more vaccine doses to communities and allow shots to get into arms more quickly," Peter Marks, director of FDA's Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, said.

However, the regulator also warned that without proper syringes and needles it may not be possible to extract more that 13 doses from Moderna's 15 dose vials, and more than 10 doses from the current vials.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/moderna-gets-nod-to-speed-up-covid-19-vaccine-output-with-bigger-14543796

• Praise 1

Yeah, speeds distribution, which can only be good.

After the Pfizer problems in HK, though, any small package mistake doubles up the error in a double volume vial.

Sure the guys in Korea can get even more out of these bigger sizes, but they are manufacturing their own AZ supplies under licence.

My friend got his Moderna in Switzerland a few days ago (made locally) and I get mine on Sunday so I'm pleased...... All finished early May and can start to move on.

Travel passports....... Where do I sign?

"Moderna said on Wednesday (May 5) early human trial data shows that a third dose of either its current COVID-19 shot or an experimental new vaccine candidate increases immunity against variants of COVID-19 first found in Brazil and South Africa.

The booster shots, given to volunteers previously inoculated with Moderna's two-dose vaccine regimen, also boosted antibodies against the original version of COVID-19, Moderna said.

The early data comes from a 40-person trial testing both Moderna's existing shot and a version developed to protect against the South African variant of COVID-19 called mRNA-1273.351. Moderna is also studying a shot that combines both the new and existing vaccine."

......CNA

Having got my second Moderna dose on Tuesday morning, and thereafter feeling I got hit by a bus, I am pleased vaccines seem to work but maybe not so happy at the prospect of needing continuous "boosters" or updates. It's bad enough patching Windows10 on an old PC, let alone trying to patch an immune system in an old me.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)

huat for the next decade .... he must be "delighted" [sly]  

2021-05-07_081710.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

Australia signs deal for 25 million Moderna COVID-19 doses through next year

CANBERRA: Australia has reached a supply agreement for 25 million doses of Moderna COVID-19 vaccines in a deal that the government hopes will ensure all Australian adults have access to inoculation this year.

The deal included 10 million doses of the vaccine against the ancestral strain to be delivered in 2021 and 15 million doses of an updated variant booster to be delivered in 2022, US-based Moderna said on Thursday (May 13).

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/australia-25-million-moderna-covid-19-vaccine-14800466

are we buying some more banana Moderna ? 

• Haha! 2

(edited)

One advantage of Moderna

Lower is better

:D

The most recent data from the CDC suggest that anaphylaxis occurs at a rate of about 2.5 cases per one million doses given of the Moderna vaccine,

and 4.7 cases per million doses of the Pfizer.

Moderna efficacy 94.1%

Pfizer efficacy 95%

So to get the 1% better efficacy you risk almost double the chance of anaphylaxis.

I happy with 94.1% and half the chance of anaphylaxis.

Edited by Jamesc

7 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

One advantage of Moderna

Lower is better

Moderna efficacy 94.1%

Pfizer efficacy 95%

So to get the 1% better efficacy you risk almost double the chance of anaphylaxis.

I happy with 94.1% and half the chance of anaphylaxis.

4.7x2? compare to moderna?

You buy durian you want smaller seeds right?

So you get more flesh.

Each dose of Pfizer’s contains 30 micrograms of vaccine. Moderna went with a much larger dose of vaccine, 100 micrograms.

So the Moderna durian you get 100 gms of flesh and the other only 30.

↡ Advertisement