High COE cars

sHy3r

3 hours ago, Beehive3783 said:

aiya mai keh keh la, you already decided but still wanted to ask here to justify your decision :D

Not yet decided. 

↡ Advertisement

4 hours ago, sHy3r said:

Hmm but next year GST increase and dunno if car price will significant increase and dunno if coe will balloon even higher…

Car prices are more by the COE supply and demand more than anything else.

Supply for COE will be similar to current low levels till around 2027, where we will see a noticeable uptick in COE supply. As long as govt policy regarding COE supply and market demand does not change much, we can expect COE prices to move sideways for the next 3 years.

i remember one year ago some dealer got a "beat the COE" plan which asks the buyer to order the car first. register only when COE drops. guess that did not end well 🙂

23 minutes ago, sHy3r said:

Yeah… budget wise still okay. But dunno how the coe will go in the coming months. Likely shoot up especially people get new car for CNY…

hopefully wont confuse you further.  Look at the 8-9 year old car population which will turn 10 year old next year, there are 15k of them do be due for scrap which means for COE recycle. There is a silver lining  by looking at the 13-14 year old car population, there are 42k of them, I would assume more than 20k of them  are 5 year COE type which will be recycled by next year, that should add some good relieve to tight COE situation. All in about 35k to 40k COE to be made available, translating into about 3.3k per month or about 750 per cat per bidding exercise.  If all else equal, looking at 750 COE per bid in the past, Cat A was around $50k to $60K and Cat B around $70K -$80k.

There are other factors that will influence COE prices, nothing is certain, go do your sum before taking a plunge. 

My assumption could be wrong, other MCFers might want to chip in. 

image.png.2c891526c4294edb8cc10fdaa6e10fa3.png

• Praise 2

Let me simplify it for you.....no need to think too deeply and calculate this or that until your hair drops...

If your car can tahan till end of COE, just keep it till than. No one will and can predict for you what will happen 7-8 months down the road. If anyone say they can, please ask them for the next winning toto number instead.

Just remember, in Singapore car is a want and not a need. If you have spare cash laying around and no other place to spend it, just change already.

It is like people hoarding toilet rolls and fresh chickens because they are afraid to lose out....see what happen now?

• Haha! 3

50 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Car prices are more by the COE supply and demand more than anything else.

Supply for COE will be similar to current low levels till around 2027, where we will see a noticeable uptick in COE supply. As long as govt policy regarding COE supply and market demand does not change much, we can expect COE prices to move sideways for the next 3 years.

Ya that’s the headache now 😞 

get used car also scare spoil easily.. dunno previous owner got maintain well anot.. and Dealers normally cannot believe one. 😀

22 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

hopefully wont confuse you further.  Look at the 8-9 year old car population which will turn 10 year old next year, there are 15k of them do be due for scrap which means for COE recycle. There is a silver lining  by looking at the 13-14 year old car population, there are 42k of them, I would assume more than 20k of them  are 5 year COE type which will be recycled by next year, that should add some good relieve to tight COE situation. All in about 35k to 40k COE to be made available, translating into about 3.3k per month or about 750 per cat per bidding exercise.  If all else equal, looking at 750 COE per bid in the past, Cat A was around $50k to $60K and Cat B around $70K -$80k.

There are other factors that will influence COE prices, nothing is certain, go do your sum before taking a plunge. 

Thank you for the information. Is this dated 2022? 

4 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

If u doing 240k most likely got 4 k transport allowance so no issue to buy 240k car lah 

No allowances nor 240k car. 

sad life 

6 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

Let me simplify it for you.....no need to think too deeply and calculate this or that until your hair drops...

If your car can tahan till end of COE, just keep it till than. No one will and can predict for you what will happen 7-8 months down the road. If anyone say they can, please ask them for the next winning toto number instead.

Just remember, in Singapore car is a want and not a need. If you have spare cash laying around and no other place to spend it, just change already.

It is like people hoarding toilet rolls and fresh chickens because they are afraid to lose out....see what happen now?

Agree. Hmm… maybe I should wait till left 2 months to go shopping for a car then… 👍 Thanks for the advice! 😁

2 minutes ago, sHy3r said:

Ya that’s the headache now 😞 

get used car also scare spoil easily.. dunno previous owner got maintain well anot.. and Dealers normally cannot believe one. 😀

It depends on your eyesight.

I haven’t buy any new car YET

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, sHy3r said:

Hmm ya but im afraid of the next car price (increase coe) n increase of gst…

dealers say coe wont drop until after 2025…

You believe the dealers? If recession comes, one time drop big big for you to see.🤣

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Just now, Mkl22 said:

You believe the dealers? If recession comes, one time drop big big for you to see.🤣

Unlikely.

Look at recent condo sales.

92% Singapore Citizens buy.

• Haha! 1

57 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

You need to check back on which cat was renewed for 5. I looked before, majority or  about 80% plus are in catA, thus catA would at least come down some next year. For catB I would say maybe just a bit or maintain. 

• Praise 3

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Unlikely.

Look at recent condo sales.

92% Singapore Citizens buy.

Recession in 2008 everything dropped my friend. 

1 minute ago, Mkl22 said:

Recession in 2008 everything dropped my friend. 

Historic trend says everything drop.

But market sentiment could say otherwise.

If Property Developers bidded for land in 2020/2021 at sky high price, there might be something we don’t know.

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

It depends on your eyesight.

I haven’t buy any new car YET

My colleague just traded in.. and now put for sale… milege tune 😅

• Haha! 1