High COE cars

sHy3r

4 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

You believe the dealers? If recession comes, one time drop big big for you to see.🤣

Ya big reccession or govt tweak COE system…

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, sHy3r said:

Hmm still not decided because I was hoping coe will drop within these 11 mths but also scare will go higher… dilemma in whether to take the step now or wait later 😞

Er what’s your current car that you are driving ? If condition is good then can consider renewing COE

• Praise 2

13 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

Er what’s your current car that you are driving ? If condition is good then can consider renewing COE

No point renewing. Cat B. PQP - $107k… 😅

2 minutes ago, shrjun said:

76k is no longer high COE 😒

Ya… now is over $100k. 

i have a feeling Cat A will climb alot on Wednesday.. cos many dealers are throwing price for Honda Vezel Petrol Variant…

53 minutes ago, sHy3r said:

If don’t want to renew then you need to trade in your existing car to lower the downpayment  for another new car or another 2nd hand car that has a few years left to tide you over. Or try selling it using quotz. 

28 minutes ago, Confusedboi said:

If don’t want to renew then you need to trade in your existing car to lower the downpayment  for another new car or another 2nd hand car that has a few years left to tide you over. Or try selling it using quotz. 

Paper + $500 only.

It is LIKELY his car PARF + COE around 7 - 8k.

7 hours ago, sHy3r said:

Actually renewing is the cheapest solution if you car has low parf and is in a good condition. Then scrap it when coe comes back down. Other options will cost more unless of course you downgrade to a catA where coe is lower. 

Buying a new car you pay the same coe. And then you have to add on a new car cost of dealer margin. ARF, customs duty GST. 
buying used you pay the same or higher depreciation but with lower paper. 
both the 2 options above will make you lose more when the time comes to scrap to get back into the low coe cycle. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Actually renewing is the cheapest solution if you car has low parf and is in a good condition. Then scrap it when coe comes back down. Other options will cost more unless of course you downgrade to a catA where coe is lower. 

Buying a new car you pay the same coe. And then you have to add on a new car cost of dealer margin. ARF, customs duty GST. 
both the 2 options above will make you lose more when the time comes to scrap to get back into the low coe cycle. 

I dont think TS is looking at cheaper option, he seems to be looking at new vezel, his concern is whether COE will go up in 11 months time, he is deciding  between buying now and later.

• Praise 5

8 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Paper + $500 only.

It is LIKELY his car PARF + COE around 7 - 8k.

The highest i get is paper + $3.5k

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

Erm my parf is about $12k exclude body

13 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

I dont think TS is looking at cheaper option, he seems to be looking at new vezel, his concern is whether COE will go up in 11 months time, he is deciding  between buying now and later.

Of cos if renewing coe is low, i can renew as well… cos my milege not high

• Praise 1

43 minutes ago, sHy3r said:

is your car cat B? if you compare Cat B PQP at 100+k, plus your Parf and paper value,  vs a new vezel 140k, the decision is clearly vezel.

Edited by Ct3833

5 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

is your car cat B? if you compare Cat B PQP at 100+k, plus your Parf and paper value,  vs a new vezel 140k, the decision is clearly vezel.

Ya, that’s what I thought too. And adding a bit more can get the Hybrid version. 🤔 or the New Niro Hybrid… 

maybe see how wednesday coe goes… 

1 hour ago, sHy3r said:

Hav u checked the price (depreciation/yr) your car can fetch with COE renewed? 

An estimate of your car's depre if u renew COE => 12K (your PARF) + 107K (10 yr PQP) = 129K = 12.9K depre/yr

If the price of a same model COE car has an asking price of around 15K depre/yr, then I'd renew my COE if I were u.

Edited by Rickster

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

Wah Vezel so cheap now ah, looks like it's gonna be the national car again once again.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3