High COE cars

sHy3r

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

You have tried so many different car type and even say life is too short to be sticking to one type of car, then why not MPV? 😅

Because I suspect driving an MPV will make my short life even shorter....😁

• Haha! 2

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Harrier, Corolla Cross & Niro still CUV

erm what’s CUV actually?

Edited by sHy3r

5 hours ago, Ingenius said:

When PQP is very high like now, it is not worth renewing Coe because the difference from buying a new car is much smaller in terms of percentage, when compare to low PQP and low Coe level. 

For instance when PQP and Coe are very low, the renewed Coe car may cost $7k per annum and new car cost $10k, which is 30% cheaper. 

But when PQP and Coe are very high, the renewed Coe car may cost $12k and new car cost $15k, the difference is 20% cheaper only. 

If parf not high, then just renew and then scrap later when coe drops in 3-4yrs time. Balance of high coe will be refunded.

47 minutes ago, sHy3r said:

Why is it so?

Everytime I follow behind one on the road,

firstly i get frustrated because i cannot see the traffic beyond the big hulking ass,

secondly i feel sorry for the guy driving the huge boat on the road and control probably closer to the finese of a bus.

Thirdly, if i have such a big family requiring me to drive a 7 seater MPV around, I will probably be so stressed out about making sure everyone has something to eat or school fees are paid on time... 

So no MPV for me... :D

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 3

13 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

Everytime I follow behind one on the road,

firstly i get frustrated because i cannot see the traffic beyond the big hulking ass,

secondly i feel sorry for the guy driving the huge boat on the road and control probably closer to the finese of a bus.

Thirdly, if i have such a big family requiring me to drive a 7 seater MPV around, I will probably be so stressed out about making sure everyone has something to eat or school fees are paid on time... 

So no MPV for me... :D

what a description. Hahahaha

If you have a car with high COE now is the best time to scrap and buy a new car with high COE.

If you have a car with low COE hold on to the end.

:D

Hi guys need some advice .

i have a hatchback bought in 2019 with cat a coe; that time was 20+K. Now I want to sell and buy a suv for family reasons, which is cat b car instead. Agent offering to give me full price for my hatchback, so I don’t lose $1 over past 3 years of ownership. But of course the coe now quite jialat, so my depreciation on the suv will be very high!

Is it worth upgrading now? Or better to hold off until coe supply projected to increase in 2024/2025? My car will be 5-6 years old then. 

thanks guys

Just now, nashstruck said:

i have a hatchback bought in 2019 with cat a coe; that time was 20+K. Now I want to sell and buy a suv for family reasons, which is cat b car instead. Agent offering to give me full price for my hatchback, so I don’t lose $1 over past 3 years of ownership. But of course the coe now quite jialat, so my depreciation on the suv will be very high!

Is it worth upgrading now? Or better to hold off until coe supply projected to increase in 2024/2025? My car will be 5-6 years old then. 

thanks guys

Likely you have decided.

Like that, just go ahead.

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Likely you have decided.

Like that, just go ahead.

No I haven’t decided. That’s why I’m asking here. If not worth it then I’ll likely hold off.

Edited by nashstruck

28 minutes ago, nashstruck said:

@nashstruck 

Family is more important than anything else.

Since you don't lose a single cent over past 3 yrs of ownership, it's a good idea to upgrade to SUV now. 

The Agent is very nice to offer you the full price for yr hatchback, so don't wait anymore.

Now is the best time to upgrade to a bigger SUV for your family. Life is short, just YOLO. 

2 hours ago, nashstruck said:

thanks guys

since you don't lose $1 on your old car over 3 years, take your new car price divide by 13 years lor.... then the dep won't be [knife].

If it makes you feel better  🙃

Edited by Old-driver
  • Haha! 3

13 hours ago, nashstruck said:

thanks guys

Looks like a good deal but your COE was very low. Look at market price and get some extra quotes first... maybe you could do even better than full price on your old car. COE just announce to cut further, so may go up again

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, nashstruck said:

thanks guys

I have a friend in your same situation recently. He excitedly told me it's a good deal because car salesman convince him "sure no lose any money" by trading in.

I ask him how can a person no lose money by spending more money?

The only scenario that you guarantee will make some money is sell off the car and take public transport. All other "money saving" scenarios that involve financing a new car with higher interest are basically fairy tales.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1