Rooster crashes into third floor Ulu Pandan apartment glass window, dies

Rest in peace.

Belmont Lay |  February 18, 2021, 03:54 PM

Events

Orient Express at Gardens by the Bay

08 January 2021 - 31 January 2021

West Lawn (next to Bayfront Plaza), Gardens by the Bay

Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/mothershipsg

A rooster in the western part of Singapore died after it flew and crashed through the window of a third floor apartment and entered the unit, shattering glass everywhere.

Occurred in Ulu Pandan

image.thumb.png.21a24b0e6c2502f4eac01d8bb69e67f7.png

The bizarre incident occurred after 8am on Thursday morning, Feb. 18, 2021 in Ulu Pandan.

The sound of glass breaking roused the apartment's occupant from her sleep and she went to check out what had happened.

In response to queries from Mothership.sg, the woman said: "I went to check if someone in my house fell or dropped something."

"All rooms upstairs were quiet, so I went downstairs to check the dinning hall and kitchen, but nothing."

"Then I saw the big bird in the living room hall, and I guess it crashed through the window and fell down there."

Wanted to save rooster

The resident of a two-storey condominium maisonette said the first thing that came to her mind was to save the rooster.

However, it was alive for less than two minutes before it stopped breathing, she said.

Likely a red junglefowl

The rooster appears to be a red junglefowl, which is native to Singapore.

All chickens in the world descended from red junglefowl species.

The purebred red junglefowl have grey legs, whereas chickens mostly have yellow legs.

The woman said she sought help from Animal Concerns Research and Education Society (Acres), and was told to send a 10-second video of the rooster to the personnel.

The woman said: "He said it seems dead and told me I can choose to throw it away."

Waited a few hours to deal with carcass

The bird, which appeared to be more than 1kg, remained motionless on the floor for a few hours after its demise as the woman sought ways to deal with the situation.

The woman contacted her condominium management to clear the glass that had fallen downstairs, and alerted her neighbour below her about watching out for the fragments.

She then called for a contractor to fix the broken window.

The resident said she was mulling what to do with the carcass, and is considering giving it a proper burial.

Clearing the carcass was hampered by the presence of glass fragments.

Roosters common in Pandan Valley and Ulu Pandan

The presence of roosters in the Pandan Valley and Ulu Pandan estate is not novel.

According to the resident, roosters have been spotted frequenting the condominium premises.

She said: "I’ve seen two roosters always downstairs at the backyard. Could be one of them."

How to deal with kamikaze roosters

Roosters colliding into glass windows and dying is definitely almost unheard of.

But if a similar situation occurs in a public housing estate, residents can contact the National Environment Agency for assistance.

According to a reading of existing Singapore laws, it is acceptable to dispose of a rooster carcass that did not die of disease via regular waste disposal methods as it is akin to disposing poultry in the trash.

image.thumb.png.64510aa476bc581a60f8990d7ad0e802.png

Edited by Fitvip
↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 3
  • Haha! 3

9 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

from Mothership. It is unheard of.Rooster crashes into third floor Ulu Pandan apartment glass window, dies

ayam penyet for dinner loh😁

• Haha! 5

IMHO.

I think an SOP of ACRES is to ask people to send video.
I recall someone previously contacted ACRES on feeding of wild boar, also asked to send video.

somebody wrote to Acres...and they said, animal dead, so no more their problem...

true too...shd call tong aik and they can use the chicken to make curry for ANOTHER 'death' event

• Haha! 2

This is a song about a bird (some interviews say it was a robin, but the lyrics suggest it was a crow) that ran into Chris Cornell's clear glass window or door and lay dying. He delivered the coup de grace with a brick. 

Ironically Chris himself committed suicide some time ago. 

It is quite common for birds to fly into the glass panel of high rise building. Some hit become dizzy some die. 

Apparently the reflection of the sky makes them think that it is real. But I din know chk can fly till 3 storey high. I always thought they can only fly at lower level.

• Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i quite surprise it can fly 3 storey high . 😁

Last time when I stay in kampong, my house chickens all sleep on the tree branches at night.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

34 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

It must have saw its own reflection and thought it's another arrogant c0ck. Attack! Piangz...

Die by own c0ck reflection. RIP.

Most likely being MCP caused it's own death.

Moral of the story is don't be an MCP :grin:

lvsho.jpg