Increase comfort level

Goldenvodka

12 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Bro, no use due to car size.

My Mini is about the size of Suzuki Swift. 

There was a taiwan video that show how to do level breaking. Forgotten the name.

↡ Advertisement

3 minutes ago, Kopites said:

There was a taiwan video that show how to do level breaking. Forgotten the name.

I don't do late braking.

When my car roll towards the full stop, GB will drop gear along the way.  This will further slow down the car.

Once I step on the brake, my car still surges forward.

It is inherent with the car design.

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

I don't do late braking.

When my car roll towards the full stop, GB will drop gear along the way.  This will further slow down the car.

As for my case instead of stepping (depressing) I would tap and hold (without releasing)...then tap further. Before it comes to a total stop i would release and let it roll to a gentle stop. No jerking at all but prerequisite must anticipate earlier and no tailgating at all.

Edited by Kopites

13 minutes ago, Kopites said:

As for my case instead of stepping (depressing) I would tap and hold (without releasing)...then tap further. Before it comes to a total stop i would release and let it roll to a gentle stop. No jerking at all but prerequisite must anticipate earlier and no tailgating at all.

The method don’t work for my car.

The downshift is very aggressive.

If tap and hold, it will drop to 1st gear.

From thereon, it is crawling 

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Albeniz said:

You all very bad.  Ride gets alittle rough only, you ask ppl to change car.

But then again, this is mcf.  Alot of high net worth ppl.

I suspect they are used car dealers looking for a sale.

:D

I never ask people change car.

I am an ethical used car dealer.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

I don't do late braking.

Step brake surge forward?

I am getting one for my MIL.

Get her to park on the top of a hill at the edge of a cliff.

:D

• Haha! 3

I don’t think there is an issue with my driving on my leg and braking skills. 

when I am driving another car which is a Prius for a couple of weeks. They actually feedback to me it was a very comfortable car with no jerks and quiet from there questions coming out how to make our own swift to make it quiet and comfortable.

Edited by Goldenvodka

44 minutes ago, Goldenvodka said:

when I am driving another car which is a Prius for a couple of weeks. They actually feedback to me it was a very comfortable car with no jerks and quiet from there questions coming out how to make our own swift to make it quiet and comfortable.

It's nigh on impossible. Wish it was that easy. If can, then my car will ride like a RR. 

• Haha! 1

On 2/25/2021 at 11:00 AM, inlinesix said:

Found the video. Not sure it work for you though. 3.45 onward

Anyway for TS you can use it as reference. More for passenger comfort.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

On 2/25/2021 at 9:33 AM, Kopites said:

If a small car can become so good by just learning the taiwan video, all the luxury and big car will be in the junk yard now.😄

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 1

On 2/25/2021 at 11:00 AM, inlinesix said:

wah like that your consumption sucks, i used to have a C180, similar behavior, I sold it off because i cannot afford the fuel 😅

6 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

wah like that your consumption sucks, i used to have a C180, similar behavior, I sold it off because i cannot afford the fuel 😅

On NSHW, it is about 13km/L.

In start-stop traffic, it is about 9km/L.

Since I don't pump more than 2 tanks of 50L a month, it doesn't matter.

Most importantly, it is a fun car to drive.

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Kopites said:

Found the video. Not sure it work for you though. 3.45 onward

Anyway for TS you can use it as reference. More for passenger comfort.

Thanks for the video - very informative, especially on the braking and acceleration part.

However, I don't really agree with his tips on turning corners by going for the apex, especially in the context of city driving, or like the narrow mountain roads that he's on.

Why? Because when he tries to go for the straightest/shortest line by gunning for the apex, the vehicle actually swerves very close to the centre line of the road.

On narrow mountain roads, to the oncoming car it seems like you're headed for a crash.
In city driving, I always curse and swear at the other guy when I approach a junction without a centre kerb divider, and some dick driver tries to do this kind of "apex driving" and cuts across the white lines draw in place, encroaching onto oncoming traffic resulting in a near miss with me... Simply because this dick driver is "lazy" to do a proper 90deg turn.

Edited by Comage
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Comage said:

Thanks for the video - very informative, especially on the braking and acceleration part.

However, I don't really agree with his tips on turning corners by going for the apex, especially in the context of city driving, or like the narrow mountain roads that he's on.

Why? Because when he tries to go for the straightest/shorted line by gunning for the apex, the vehicle actually swerves very close to the centre line of the road.

On narrow mountain roads, to the oncoming car it seems like you're headed for a crash.
In city driving, I always curse and swear at the other guy when I approach a junction without a centre kerb divider, and some dick driver tries to do this kind of "apex driving" and cuts across the white lines draw in place, encroaching onto oncoming traffic resulting in a near miss with me... Simply because this dick driver is "lazy" to do a proper 90deg turn.

Merely a pointers.

Up to individual driving style and also good condition. The ultimate objective is to be safe and comfort for passenger.

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Kopites said:

Merely a pointers.

Up to individual driving style and also good condition. The ultimate objective is to be safe and comfort for passenger.

Yes agree - it's just a pointer video. Though some parts are really odd where he advises to "accelerate" when the next turn is simply < 50m away - and then we see him braking before tackling the turn. If it were me, I'd simply just release the gas pedal and coast down at the same speed before turning, instead of engaging in such heavy-footed driving style.

Also, in the video you can see from his side mirrors that his rear wheels actually cross the double-yellow lines during turns as he's going for the apex. So yes, it may be "comfortable" for his passengers, but not exactly safe per se since he already encroached onto the lane of oncoming/adjacent traffic.

In Singapore context, you just need 2 x "Apex" drivers meeting at the same bend to cause a side-swipe or collision.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

13 hours ago, Goldenvodka said:

No way.

SSS is a sport oriented small hatch. Prius is a comfort bias saloon.

One is COE car, one is new model. You are not comparing apple to apple.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1