SureReserve coming to Singapore

RadX

I have my doubts.

A deal needs to be worked out with parking lot owners.

Infrastructure investment is needed in the form of installations that need to be networked to the booking system.

Lots under reservation but still vacant for too long while other cars wait for a lot creates a situation of suboptimal use of a scarce resource.

People may pull the barrier down and park anyway.

Edited by Macrosszero
  • Praise 5

1 hour ago, RadX said:

What do you think? How will this affect the Kayu drivers

https://mustsharenews.com/chope-parking-lot-app/

Kayu drivers will run over the damn thing and break it. 
but this device is used in quite many places overseas. Battery operated, designed to last a few years. Quite robust. Joking when I said running over it will break it. 

I don't support if I'm already paying to enter a mall or office carpark. The most efficient system is for people to self regulate.
Want to get a lot, come earlier to the mall. Come at peak hour, then be prepared to wait.
It's not a very difficult thing to do.

• Praise 14
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Macrosszero said:

I have my doubts.

A deal needs to be worked out with parking lot owners.

Infrastructure investment is needed in the form of installations that need to be networked to the booking system.

Lots under reservation but still vacant for too long while other cars wait for a lot creates a situation of suboptimal use of a scarce resource.

People may pull the barrier down and park anyway.

Yes. exactly.

Not sure if anybody will be interested or if there will be mass take up of this gimmick. For me, it is totally pointless. Say 6-7pm on a regular weekend at Funan Shopping Mall. Yes, i paid and chope a parking lot. But the entrance to the carpark is packed. Or rather long standstill queue to enter carpark. How would reserving a parking lot in advance work? Imagine there are 300 carpark lots. 20 lots are reserved for chope. At anytime, i can assume 25 cars rounding in the carpark because there is no available lots and these cars did not reserve a lot through the app. Worse still, not many cars coming out from carpark so the barrier won't lift for more cars to enter the carpark. So what if you have reserved a lot when you can't even enter the carpark in the first place? For those who have reserved and paid, all the more they will die die queue to enter carpark. And don't get me started on the "convenience fee" that will be levied for the service.

Just my 2 cents. However, won't really affect me. I can park elsewhere. Or even better, park at dedicated hybrid lots. 🤣

Edited by Sunset73
  • Praise 12

11 minutes ago, Sunset73 said:

Not sure if anybody will be interested or if there will be mass take up of this gimmick. For me, it is totally pointless. Say 6-7pm on a regular weekend at Funan Shopping Mall. Yes, i paid and chope a parking lot. But the entrance to the carpark is packed. Or rather long standstill queue to enter carpark. How would reserving a parking lot in advance work? Imagine there are 300 carpark lots. 20 lots are reserved for chope. At anytime, i can assume 25 cars rounding in the carpark because there is no available lots and these cars did not reserve a lot through the app. Worse still, not many cars coming out from carpark so the barrier won't lift for more cars to enter the carpark. So what if you have reserved a lot when you can't even enter the carpark in the first place? For those who have reserved and paid, all the more they will die die queue to enter carpark. And don't get me started on the "convenience fee" that will be levied for the service.

Just my 2 cents. However, won't really affect me. I can park elsewhere. Or even better, park at dedicated hybrid lots. 🤣

There will be jokers who would pay. Many a times I see people wait at the lot nearest the mall car park lifts when there are plenty of lots just another 20-30m walk away. Even if you are buying heavy stuff, how difficult is it to carry that extra distance vs waiting for a lot. 
the same type will also be “proud” they have a special lot waiting for them. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 3

6 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

There will be jokers who would pay. Many a times I see people wait at the lot nearest the mall car park lifts when there are plenty of lots just another 20-30m walk away. Even if you are buying heavy stuff, how difficult is it to carry that extra distance vs waiting for a lot. 
the same type will also be “proud” they have a special lot waiting for them. 

Sure got demand..... because our locals are simply suckers.....

Walk little bit = leg will break

Park a little further = waste petrol

Wait for a lot near the mall entrance = I have got all the time in the world

• Haha! 4

Might as well set up valet service in the mall.  Use the money to create some jobs,  and your car can be park, anywhere,  anyway,  anyhow in the mall...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

I don't see this any different from current system where there are elements of quickness of action (finger vs actual driving) and money involved. In fact it will disadvantage some of the older drivers because they will never be able to find parking lots easily again..

But on the pro side, people need not drive around aimlessly looking for parking space also. There could be less congestion on the roads around malls and popular spots.

Edited by Weez911

30 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Might as well set up valet service in the mall.  Use the money to create some jobs,  and your car can be park, anywhere,  anyway,  anyhow in the mall...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Job for local or FT?
😂

• Haha! 4

Internal Moderator

don't think this will fly in singapore.

We have our sgcarmart parking app, and how many ppl use it to check the parking lot before you head down to your fav shopping centre?

Not in our generation for sure. Maybe 30 years later. haha

• Praise 3

11 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

Interesting! This remind me of the barriers used in Japan's public carparks that only goes down when u pay the parking fees

https://elmonterv-japan.com/wp-content/themes/elmonterv_ver2/images/guide/drive-in-japan/parking-space-japan.jpg

This does not create jobs. Maybe Grab will come in with Grab-a-Lot. The app will send someone to stand in front of the empty lot to Chope it! No way Bluesg cars will get that lot! 

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

don't think this will fly in singapore.

We have our sgcarmart parking app, and how many ppl use it to check the parking lot before you head down to your fav shopping centre?

Not in our generation for sure. Maybe 30 years later. haha

If you have parking lot reservation bulit-in, confirm usage will increase

• Praise 2

What if I reserved and didn't park cos last minutes got other things to do. 

Doesn't it deprive off others to park......  :lll._.:

Driving round & round the car park looking for lots and there are many lots but cannot park because "Chope" ... :pissed-off:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Job for local or FT?
😂

Local ah bengs,  local ah bengs,  local ah bengs!!!!! 

重要的事讲三遍!!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2