SureReserve coming to Singapore

RadX

7 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

don't think this will fly in singapore.

We have our sgcarmart parking app, and how many ppl use it to check the parking lot before you head down to your fav shopping centre?

Not in our generation for sure. Maybe 30 years later. haha

Yah man,  even with  Google maps giving real time traffic conditions also few ppl bother to use,  they rather get trap and form part of the jam. 

These days,  I always check with Google map before I move off...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Parking idiots in parking idiots thread are living proof that this won't work...

Imagine you book...go to the lot only to KNNBCCB...😁

Edited by mersaylee
  • Haha! 3

28 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I don't see this any different from current system where there are elements of quickness of action (finger vs actual driving) and money involved. In fact it will disadvantage some of the older drivers because they will never be able to find parking lots easily again..

But on the pro side, people need not drive around aimlessly looking for parking space also. There could be less congestion on the roads around malls and popular spots.

Think what's more required is mindset change.
People using grab to go to malls which is now popular. When i go to vivo sometimes, i see lot of pple waiting for their grab pickup instead of just standing at taxi stand.
Public transport via PHV/taxis (eventually autonomous AI dropping us off at the pickup points).

Otherwise the jams at the entrance/exit ramps limit any usefulness of such reserved parking. If our carparks, open air like in Australia or USA, maybe such an app would be desired.

• Praise 3

Car and carparks are not like humans and restaurants. You reserve, you slither in and enter, you sit. For cars, if having a lot of cars, you stop, you STILL LL queue, you still LL wait, till you reach your lot. I think it will make our inner fire burn even more hotter. 

I think valet is a more suitable system for car parking, as car owners want fast and more convenient/efficient service, leave the finding and parking to someone else...

• Praise 1

To solve lack of parking lot.

Increase fare to $10 for 30 minutes 24 / 7.

Alternatively cut coe quota increase coe premium to above 100k.

Or increase fuel duty.

• Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, Kopites said:

To solve lack of parking lot.

Increase fare to $10 for 30 minutes 24 / 7.

Alternatively cut coe quota increase coe premium to above 100k.

Or increase fuel duty.

Become like hk Ah? Fuel and parking damn ex. Then added to that we have coe and our ARF taxes. 

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Become like hk Ah? Fuel and parking damn ex. Then added to that we have coe and our ARF taxes. 

In HK you need to bid for a season lot. We have yet to reach that stage. 

7 minutes ago, Kopites said:

In HK you need to bid for a season lot. We have yet to reach that stage. 

Maybe soon? Hdb needs to make more money. Sell parking lots soon!!! Wahahahah

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Think what's more required is mindset change.
People using grab to go to malls which is now popular. When i go to vivo sometimes, i see lot of pple waiting for their grab pickup instead of just standing at taxi stand.
Public transport via PHV/taxis (eventually autonomous AI dropping us off at the pickup points).

Otherwise the jams at the entrance/exit ramps limit any usefulness of such reserved parking. If our carparks, open air like in Australia or USA, maybe such an app would be desired.

Yah

i take bus when I go to vivo and other popular shopping ctr

PAY? PAY to chope lot?

Siao ah? Parking fee also people don't pay.

You think they will PAY to chope?

:grin:

Ayway why is it ALWAYS BMW that never pay?

image.thumb.png.05b79fb0e606c2e3c8066e16fe77f863.png

image.png.c4b5f2ab67c4c1ec6cfcee945dded991.png

image.thumb.png.31ea79dcaade50642ba8be81a0851f3a.png

image.png.0accb7600bbdbaa3c1871f765850c044.png

• Haha! 1

38 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Maybe soon? Hdb needs to make more money. Sell parking lots soon!!! Wahahahah

Thought they are selling the parking lot liao, since we need to pay for season parking to park at hdb carpark? But fees still too low, maybe they should increase it to $300 per season lot? 😅

Have seen a security guard perpetually stationed at the exit of wcega building in bukit batok. Guess many who tail gate and don’t pay. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1