2021 Hyundai Ioniq 5 EV

Classic900

25 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Interesting

hope its ard 100k

"Hyundai has confirmed the Ioniq 5 will accelerate from 0-60mph in 5.3 seconds", "The vehicle will have all-wheel drive, make 313 horsepower", "range around 300 miles", " will have a battery capacity of 58.0 kWh"...   even though I wish, very unlikely to be around 100k .

7 minutes ago, Classic900 said:

"Hyundai has confirmed the Ioniq 5 will accelerate from 0-60mph in 5.3 seconds", "The vehicle will have all-wheel drive, make 313 horsepower", "range around 300 miles", " will have a battery capacity of 58.0 kWh"...   even though I wish, very unlikely to be around 100k .

If 5.3s will be ard 130k above at least inclusive arf rebate

2 hours ago, Classic900 said:

If Hyundai were to build some of its 350kW hi-charger in Malaysia, the Ioniq 5 will gain 300km range after 15 minutes charging, making it practical to drive up north.

https://insideevs.com/news/485910/hyundai-hi-charger-visit-ioniq-5/

I was watching some Malaysian car review channel. I think there's <20 infrastructure chargers in the whole country. 

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

I was watching some Malaysian car review channel. I think there's <20 infrastructure chargers in the whole country. 

As far as I know (but I may be mistaken), there are at present only three 50kW DC chargers in the whole of Malaysia, 1 in Ayer Keroh and 2 in KL. Although they say they are planning a few more in the "near future", driving EVs into Malaysia for me is a no-no for now...

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
19 hours ago, Classic900 said:

As far as I know (but I may be mistaken), there are at present only three 50kW DC chargers in the whole of Malaysia, 1 in Ayer Keroh and 2 in KL. Although they say they are planning a few more in the "near future", driving EVs into Malaysia for me is a no-no for now...

If ever owning a electric car in Singapore, no driving the electric car to KL. Will have range anxiety.

I will rather they faster build the SG-JB Rapid transport, then I take train to JB and rent a car at JB for my road trip in the future. 🙂

https://www.wahdah.my/car/mini--cooper-s?pricing=231

Can drive mini cooper S there, not bad leh! hahah.

On 2/21/2021 at 12:14 AM, Classic900 said:

This kind of specs if it costs S$100,000, I think the waiting list in Singapore will be until the next year after launch leh...

On 2/21/2021 at 12:14 AM, Classic900 said:

Unveiled. 

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

The electric SUV has a massive wheelbase to enable an impressively spacious interior.

Evoking the spirit of Hyundai's very first production car – the 1975 Pony – the Ioniq 5 has finally arrived in production form. It's not the small hatchback with Mitsubishi engines from the early days of the Korean brand as we're looking at a midsize SUV developed from the ground up as an electric car.

The Ioniq 5 has largely retained its design by adopting the same angular appearance with sharp lines and minuscule overhangs. Pop-out door handles give it a clean profile, further accentuated by the use of cameras instead of conventional side mirrors. The cameras won't be legal all over the world, hence why most of the official images are showing the EV with the traditional glass mirrors.

Measuring 20 inches, those aero-optimized alloy wheels are the biggest ever installed by Hyundai on an electric vehicle and are like those of the concept car. At the front and rear, the rectangular pixel-like LED lights also evoke the show car unveiled at IAA nearly two years ago. As with other recent EVs, there are charging ports on both sides of the vehicle for extra convenience. That clamshell hood is a first for Hyundai and it's as wide as the vehicle to cut down on panel gaps.

The new Ioniq 5 4,635mm long and a good chunk of its overall length is represented by the massive wheelbase, stretching at a generous 3,000mm. The midsize SUV is 1,890mm wide and 1,605mm tall, with Hyundai claiming it offers the interior space of a vehicle from a segment above.

Speaking of the interior, it takes full advantage of the dedicated EV platform by adopting a completely flat floor. This layout pays dividends in more ways than one as aside from the extra legroom, it has allowed the engineers to develop a sliding front central console. It can slide back by as much as 140mm, which should prove to be useful in a narrow parking spot as the driver will be able to effortlessly exit the car through the passenger door and vice versa.

By having a wheelbase 100mm longer than that of the significantly larger Palisade, it goes without saying the interior is impressively spacious, especially for an SUV of this size. It has a cargo capacity of 531L behind the rear seats that can be increased to nearly 1,600L once you fold down the second row.

Being a true EV and not just an adaptation of a platform originally intended for cars with combustion engines, the Ioniq 5 also has a front trunk. Its capacity depends on whether it's the rear- or all-wheel-drive version. The RWD has a bigger 57-liter frunk whereas the AWD model makes do with a 24-liter capacity, likely because of the extra hardware commanded by the front electric motor. The North American version has the smaller frunk, regardless of version.

The dashboard is dominated by a pair of 12-inch screens – one for the driver's display and the other for the infotainment – with both housed in a large piece of glass à la Mercedes-Benz. Speaking of the premium brand with the three-pointed star badge, the Ioniq 5 also has the gear selector mounted on a lever behind the steering wheel as well as a head-up display with augmented reality support.

The stellar rear legroom was also achieved by making the front seats approximately 30 percent thinner than usual. All seats slide fore and aft, with the front ones reclining "to the optimum angle, offering a weightless feeling for the occupant." Many of the interior touchpoints are made from recycled materials, including PET bottles.

An additional neat feature worth mentioning is the available solar roof to further improve efficiency by harvesting the sun's energy and transferring it to the battery pack to increase range. The roof itself makes the interior feel even more spacious than it already is by using a single large glass panel without any support materials.

Customers will get to pick from batteries with a capacity of 58 kWh or 72.6 kWh. The base model has a single electric motor mounted at the back and is joined by a beefier derivative with dual motors and an all-paw system. Regardless of configuration, all of them top out at 185 km/h.

Fitted with the smaller of the two batteries and a single motor, the Ioniq 5 offers 168hp (125KW) and 350Nm of torque for a 0 to 100 km/h run in 8.5 seconds. Step up to the AWD model combined with the smaller battery and you get a rear motor rated at 161hp (120 KW) and 350Nm working together with a front motor producing 71hp (53 KW) and 255Nm. In this configuration, the sprint time drops to 6.1 seconds and the combined output is 232hp (173KW) and 605Nm.

Hyundai's new EV can be had with the bigger battery and rear-wheel drive, in which case the electric motor mounted at the back produces 215hp (160KW) and 350Nm for a sprint in 7.4 seconds. The most powerful and quickest of the bunch is the Ioniq 5 with the larger pack and AWD, offering 208hp (155KW) and 350Nm from the rear motor and 94hp (70KW) and 255Nm from the front motor to complete the run in just 5.2 seconds. The combined output stands at 302hp and 605Nm. 

• Praise 11

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

Unveiled. 

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

hyundai-ioniq-5-2021.jpg

The electric SUV has a massive wheelbase to enable an impressively spacious interior.

Evoking the spirit of Hyundai's very first production car – the 1975 Pony – the Ioniq 5 has finally arrived in production form. It's not the small hatchback with Mitsubishi engines from the early days of the Korean brand as we're looking at a midsize SUV developed from the ground up as an electric car.

The Ioniq 5 has largely retained its design by adopting the same angular appearance with sharp lines and minuscule overhangs. Pop-out door handles give it a clean profile, further accentuated by the use of cameras instead of conventional side mirrors. The cameras won't be legal all over the world, hence why most of the official images are showing the EV with the traditional glass mirrors.

Measuring 20 inches, those aero-optimized alloy wheels are the biggest ever installed by Hyundai on an electric vehicle and are like those of the concept car. At the front and rear, the rectangular pixel-like LED lights also evoke the show car unveiled at IAA nearly two years ago. As with other recent EVs, there are charging ports on both sides of the vehicle for extra convenience. That clamshell hood is a first for Hyundai and it's as wide as the vehicle to cut down on panel gaps.

The new Ioniq 5 4,635mm long and a good chunk of its overall length is represented by the massive wheelbase, stretching at a generous 3,000mm. The midsize SUV is 1,890mm wide and 1,605mm tall, with Hyundai claiming it offers the interior space of a vehicle from a segment above.

Speaking of the interior, it takes full advantage of the dedicated EV platform by adopting a completely flat floor. This layout pays dividends in more ways than one as aside from the extra legroom, it has allowed the engineers to develop a sliding front central console. It can slide back by as much as 140mm, which should prove to be useful in a narrow parking spot as the driver will be able to effortlessly exit the car through the passenger door and vice versa.

By having a wheelbase 100mm longer than that of the significantly larger Palisade, it goes without saying the interior is impressively spacious, especially for an SUV of this size. It has a cargo capacity of 531L behind the rear seats that can be increased to nearly 1,600L once you fold down the second row.

Being a true EV and not just an adaptation of a platform originally intended for cars with combustion engines, the Ioniq 5 also has a front trunk. Its capacity depends on whether it's the rear- or all-wheel-drive version. The RWD has a bigger 57-liter frunk whereas the AWD model makes do with a 24-liter capacity, likely because of the extra hardware commanded by the front electric motor. The North American version has the smaller frunk, regardless of version.

The dashboard is dominated by a pair of 12-inch screens – one for the driver's display and the other for the infotainment – with both housed in a large piece of glass à la Mercedes-Benz. Speaking of the premium brand with the three-pointed star badge, the Ioniq 5 also has the gear selector mounted on a lever behind the steering wheel as well as a head-up display with augmented reality support.

The stellar rear legroom was also achieved by making the front seats approximately 30 percent thinner than usual. All seats slide fore and aft, with the front ones reclining "to the optimum angle, offering a weightless feeling for the occupant." Many of the interior touchpoints are made from recycled materials, including PET bottles.

An additional neat feature worth mentioning is the available solar roof to further improve efficiency by harvesting the sun's energy and transferring it to the battery pack to increase range. The roof itself makes the interior feel even more spacious than it already is by using a single large glass panel without any support materials.

Customers will get to pick from batteries with a capacity of 58 kWh or 72.6 kWh. The base model has a single electric motor mounted at the back and is joined by a beefier derivative with dual motors and an all-paw system. Regardless of configuration, all of them top out at 185 km/h.

Fitted with the smaller of the two batteries and a single motor, the Ioniq 5 offers 168hp (125KW) and 350Nm of torque for a 0 to 100 km/h run in 8.5 seconds. Step up to the AWD model combined with the smaller battery and you get a rear motor rated at 161hp (120 KW) and 350Nm working together with a front motor producing 71hp (53 KW) and 255Nm. In this configuration, the sprint time drops to 6.1 seconds and the combined output is 232hp (173KW) and 605Nm.

Hyundai's new EV can be had with the bigger battery and rear-wheel drive, in which case the electric motor mounted at the back produces 215hp (160KW) and 350Nm for a sprint in 7.4 seconds. The most powerful and quickest of the bunch is the Ioniq 5 with the larger pack and AWD, offering 208hp (155KW) and 350Nm from the rear motor and 94hp (70KW) and 255Nm from the front motor to complete the run in just 5.2 seconds. The combined output stands at 302hp and 605Nm. 

I saw solar panel. means no need to charge? :grin: