Edited by Sdf4786k

Internal Moderator
9 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

Yessi on their Facebook page 

woah. Thank you hong seh for electrifying our nation faster! 😅

Twincharged
1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

woah. Thank you hong seh for electrifying our nation faster! 😅

They should be thanking those that spend recklessly with them .. 

• Haha! 2

The video serves to highlight just how retro the design is... it looks really cool... really cool.... almost like a fashion statement... just the sort that I would hate to own but it's just so well put together that the other brands' EVs look like afterthoughts...

7 hours ago, Eugn86 said:

A fully decorated 5-stars from the guys at Auto Express: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/hyundai/ioniq-5

And Auto Express Car of the Year 2021: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/hyundai/ioniq-5/355457/car-year-2021-hyundai-ioniq-5

I hope the pricing hits the sweet spot - perhaps for it to do so it has to be produced in Singapore. Looking forward to the Hyundai factory!

I live near the site where the new Hyundai electric car factory is to be... in fact, it's opposite the new Tengah HDB estate... and the factory site is humongous and I think the traffic is going to be really bad in that area for the next 2 years as they widen the road and lay all the piping, cabling and bring in all the building materials and heavy equipment... it is already pretty crazy now, and this coincides with the Tengah estate construction plus the new Jurong Regional Line... my goodnes... I moved to avoid all that upgrading work when I was living in Clementi, and I had peace for about 5 years before all these construction works came in... I think will bang until 2027...

Anyway Ioniq 5 is a premium model, so don't expect pricing to be low...

Today's ST advertisement for Kia Niro, the hybrid is $100,000, the electric is $152,000... so $50K more for the electric version... not sure if anyone will get it... plus all the charging availability issues...

So I just wonder what kind of pricing the Ioniq 5 will offer... given that it's the marque's flagship electric car, I fully expect it to be offered here... just hope to see a few on the road...

42 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Today's ST advertisement for Kia Niro, the hybrid is $100,000, the electric is $152,000... so $50K more for the electric version... not sure if anyone will get it... plus all the charging availability issues...

So I just wonder what kind of pricing the Ioniq 5 will offer... given that it's the marque's flagship electric car, I fully expect it to be offered here... just hope to see a few on the road...

Rumor has it that they are going to sell the Ioniq 5 as a shell and the battery has to be leased. Similar to how NIO does it in China but without the battery swapping capabilities. Moreover only limited units will be brought in and charging with Komoco will no longer be free 😶

8 hours ago, teomingern said:

Ioniq 5 won't be the flagship of the Ioniq range, it is the middle child. There will be smaller and larger models within the Ioniq range.

• Praise 1

19 hours ago, teomingern said:

kia Niro hybrid & electric mostly on the road PHV.. 🤣

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, SG8 said:

kia Niro hybrid & electric mostly on the road PHV.. 🤣

lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3