2021 Hyundai Ioniq 5 EV

Classic900

(edited)
On 5/31/2023 at 2:51 PM, Tohto said:

China is the leader of EV everywhere... with a lot of charging point

Our policy is just wayang, half hearted for EV.

IKR. It’s my first time buying car in SG (previously no kid so never needed one), ordered Ioniq5 cos of “$45k grant” and petrol savings without knowing / understanding that actually the EV early adopter grant is only $10k nett cos of PARF, and even that is offset by higher higher insurance, higher road tax - and even additional flat component. SMLJ la, the road tax + AFC alone already more than the $10k early adopter money. Really wayang to the max.

Anyway what’s done is done, heard that the first 100 from local factory will be handing over to buyers in early/mid June.

Edited by shuigao
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

On 5/31/2023 at 5:06 PM, shuigao said:

IKR. It’s my first time buying car in SG (previously no kid so never needed one), ordered Ioniq5 cos of “$45k grant” and petrol savings without knowing / understanding that actually the EV early adopter grant is only $10k nett cos of PARF, and even that is offset by higher higher insurance, higher road tax - and even additional flat component. SMLJ la, the road tax + AFC alone already more than the $10k early adopter money. Really wayang to the max.

Anyway what’s done is done, heard that the first 100 from local factory will be handing over to buyers in early/mid June.

You will never see the $45k grant as it is taken back via margin.  That's why I have been advocating for Tesla.

$700 is front-end loading of Petrol Tax while petrol tax is pay as you use.

• Praise 1

(edited)
On 5/31/2023 at 5:27 PM, inlinesix said:

You will never see the $45k grant as it is taken back via margin.  That's why I have been advocating for Tesla.

$700 is front-end loading of Petrol Tax while petrol tax is pay as you use.

Sigh. For an instant I forgot that PAP #1 focus is GDP and govt income and will invent any nonsense levy just to make sure we pay up no matter how illogical.

Edited by shuigao
  • Sad 3
  • Haha! 3

The additional road tax on EV in lieu of petrol excise tax is really a joke for a country that shouts it wants to promote EV.

it’s like telling smokers you must pay additional tax after you quit, cos government revenue suffer because of your decision to change to healthy lifestyle.

• Praise 3
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

Seeing on various FB groups that the "First 100" buyers are starting to get delivery of their cars since last week. So at last the factory is up and running, although at what capacity and how soon they'll move on to the normal Cat A / Cat B models I guess no idea yet.

The Assembled / Made in Singapore models are getting delivered this month le, so I guess we can start seeing more of them on the road soon. Mine (Cat A model) should be coming by end July early August too.

• Praise 2

On 7/8/2023 at 8:47 PM, shuigao said:

The Assembled / Made in Singapore models are getting delivered this month le, so I guess we can start seeing more of them on the road soon. Mine (Cat A model) should be coming by end July early August too.

I heard/saw that the first 100 comes with special number plate with SEV prefix. True or not?

On 8/2/2023 at 12:37 PM, ksapple said:

@shuigao bro can ask if the bluelink service free? u get which cat A trim?

Yes bluelink is free ... but only for the first 5 years. Not sure what happens / what's the subscription cost after that. I got Cat A prestige, it's frankly a no brainer cos you get so much more stuff for your $10k compared to the basic trim.

On 8/2/2023 at 1:59 PM, serenade said:

I heard/saw that the first 100 comes with special number plate with SEV prefix. True or not?

First 100 yes, but mine is not First 100, decided to save some money and just get Cat A.

• Praise 1

@shuigao nice. I guess Bluelink only available for cars coming from HMGICS. Any other cars imported by Komoco does not include bluelink including Ioniq 6.

Do you know if this is true?

@shuigao 

Thanks for your posts. Just put down a deposit for a 58kWh Prestige and was wondering if the factory was already churning out these cars (I read somewhere that production was pushed to Q4 2023).

How do you find the build quality of the vehicle so far? And does Bluelink work well in SG?

Thanks and congrats on your new Ioniq 5!

@Blowndiffuser Yah HMG did do a recent press release saying their factory would officially open in q3 or something, but as of now they have already pushed out the cars for everyone who booked up until late May / early June.

I’ve only had my car for 2 weeks so obviously no idea about long term. But build quality is good, everything feels solid and well put together. Bluelink works well, haven’t had problems checking on battery % when charging in shopping mall, or enabling remote aircon. The built in map is accurate and responsive (and I love the directions in the heads up display) BUT the amount of POI is really quite lacking so you often need to be creative with keying in destination (like by using postal code …)

• Praise 1

@shuigao thanks for quick reply 🙏

Glad to hear build quality is solid so far. My current car was built in Wolfsburg but has a few defects here and there (rattling front seat and a pillar with insulation lining not fitted properly).

Good tip on using postal code for the built in map, thanks.

Have you tried using carplay or Android auto (think have to plug in cable for now)?

I just hope I will be able to collect the car by early Nov. The earlier the better of course 😬

@Blowndiffuser Yup it only has wired CarPlay which works great but I don’t bother most of the time cos the built in map is nicer with the HUD, and CarPlay doesn’t allow video apps.

hmg/kmc also gave me a wireless CarPlay dongle but I nv tried it out.

seems the popular thing to do is buy an “AI Box” type dongle which allows you to have YouTube, Netflix, etc on the screen but i also nv tried yet.