17 hours ago, MafiaGeek said:

i thought it is already here. 

ioniq5.jpeg

nice

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, SG8 said:

kia Niro hybrid & electric mostly on the road PHV.. 🤣

well it makes sense to be used as PHV or taxis in order to maximize your margins by ensuring running costs are as low as possible.

15 hours ago, Eugn86 said:

Ioniq 5 won't be the flagship of the Ioniq range, it is the middle child. There will be smaller and larger models within the Ioniq range.

Agree, what I meant to say was that the Ioniq spin-off is a premium marque meant to compete with Tesla and the like... and the Ioniq range will take at least 5 years to fill up... 

23 hours ago, MafiaGeek said:

i thought it is already here. 

ioniq5.jpeg

wow, is that a test-drive unit?

i heard the sales of this car are by invite only to select customers. but from the looks of it, sadly, even for the 200+k they are gonna have to cough out for it, they aren't getting the top trim eg. the rims. won't be surprised other nice stuff like the reverse charging get left out

7 hours ago, Eugn86 said:

well it makes sense to be used as PHV or taxis in order to maximize your margins by ensuring running costs are as low as possible.

public not interested to get those models lol 

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, SG8 said:

public not interested to get those models lol 

Well there are 2 types of buyers. The first as you have rightly said, don't want to drive anything used as PHV. The second will join the crowd as being used as PHV is a vote of confidence in the robustness of the vehicle and widely available spare parts. I belong to the first group... hehe

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Eugn86 said:

Well there are 2 types of buyers. The first as you have rightly said, don't want to drive anything used as PHV. The second will join the crowd as being used as PHV is a vote of confidence in the robustness of the vehicle and widely available spare parts. I belong to the first group... hehe

Me too  belong to the first group.:)  😃😃😃

• Praise 3

Just now, SG8 said:

Me too  belong to the first group.:)  😃😃😃

same😁

• Praise 4

On 7/11/2021 at 5:09 PM, bonjin said:

wow, is that a test-drive unit?

i heard the sales of this car are by invite only to select customers. but from the looks of it, sadly, even for the 200+k they are gonna have to cough out for it, they aren't getting the top trim eg. the rims. won't be surprised other nice stuff like the reverse charging get left out

invite to buy ah? 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Michael2828 said:

invite to buy ah? 

that's my understanding. heard there were about 50 units sold. now to await some eagle-eyed folks to spot them on the roads!

or at the carpark charging points 😛 

2 hours ago, Michael2828 said:

invite to buy ah? 

Never heard of a Korean brand doing private invites to customers to buy their cars.  Too long never step into showrooms already. 

1 hour ago, X500 said:

Any news on rough pricing and release date in SG? 

b4 chip shortage and the COE reduction, after everything in suppose to be in the range of 150 to 200 depending on specs. now not sure

I understand the first 50 units were sold without battery under battery as a service scheme.

You need to pay monthly rental for the battery which include charging credit.

I am curious if OMV of the car exclude battery

• Praise 2

On 8/12/2021 at 8:53 AM, X500 said:

Any news on rough pricing and release date in SG? 

Probably late 3Q or 4Q 2021. The CO2 information can be seen on Onemotoring already 

Ioniq5.JPG

Edited by Bmxcar

Supercharged

50 Ioniq 5 electric cars snapped up

Hyundai agent Komoco has sold its initial shipment of 50 Ioniq 5 electric cars. Two variants of the latest South Korean electric car were available - a 225kW all-wheel drive (AWD) priced at $168,888 and a 160kW rear-wheel drive (RWD) at $138,888.

The figure far exceeds Hyundai's electric vehicle (EV) sales in the first seven months and is more than half of what best-selling EV brand MG chalked up in the same period.

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/motoring/fast-lane-37