2021 Hyundai Ioniq 5 EV

Classic900

On 8/27/2021 at 12:27 PM, teomingern said:

Wow! $138K is very tempting... only charging is an issue still...

Yes it is. Honestly, I won’t mind paying $10k to those 50 who secured to take over their deal

IONIQ 5 is open for booking now. Book now with just $500 refundable deposit and you will be in font of the queue. 

• Praise 2

32 minutes ago, neilomo said:

@Hons any idea what configs and price?

Was told the next batch will come in in 2023 and no info of the specs and price as it will be another year's wait.

Moreover the number of cars allocated to SG will be unknown so the $500 deposit you place with them is to ensure you to be in front of the queue when the next batch comes.

The 1st batch of 50 was priced at 178k.

• Praise 1

On 12/22/2021 at 11:46 PM, Xers007 said:

Was told the next batch will come in in 2023 and no info of the specs and price as it will be another year's wait.

Moreover the number of cars allocated to SG will be unknown so the $500 deposit you place with them is to ensure you to be in front of the queue when the next batch comes.

The 1st batch of 50 was priced at 178k.

Yes. Im waiting for Test drive car to return to Komocco… it is currently with Press. 

Salesperson said I can pay deposit $500 after test drive. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
19 hours ago, sHy3r said:

Yes. Im waiting for Test drive car to return to Komocco… it is currently with Press. 

Salesperson said I can pay deposit $500 after test drive. 

Thanks for this, will try to book a test drive and put in the deposit, love the car.

25 minutes ago, Car1990 said:

Thanks for this, will try to book a test drive and put in the deposit, love the car.

U can just go put in deposit, no need go for test drive. 😀

OwGVuIU.jpg

RDEG0Yt.jpg

5040gT3.jpg

Y9Kn3FP.jpg

SUAGUCB.jpg

Very spacious, both in the shoulder amd leg space (note the almost flat rear floor and "hollowness" under the dash board).

Pick up is good but can definitely feel the weight of the car. Steering feel is just about right, perhaps a little more feedback would be good. The screen somewhat look cheap and the resolution should be further improved.

Oh one more thing, the door handle look and feel like one from those commercial fridge and I am not joking... 

csm_hyundai-uk-ioniq-5-32-1610_6b0276471

Car is NOT available for sales, as Komoco has no visibility of the next shipment (was told it would be at least 1 to 1.5 years from now and likely to be from the factory at Bulim industrial park). However, one can still register your interest with Komoco.

• Praise 8

Neutral Newbie

I read somewhere production will be ramped up to 300k units per year only by 2023, thus the long wait. Hyundai got a winner in hand but will it be able to satisfy demands?

Edited by Car1990

I test drove Ioniq 5 already. 

Even Eco mode has good torque. 

I was told the car will be made in Singapore. Hence, car price will reduce due to no import tax etc.. and better for parts as Hyundai build a factory in SG.  

paid $500 and see how the pricing it is for next year… 

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie
On 12/29/2021 at 9:45 PM, sHy3r said:

I test drove Ioniq 5 already. 

Even Eco mode has good torque. 

I was told the car will be made in Singapore. Hence, car price will reduce due to no import tax etc.. and better for parts as Hyundai build a factory in SG.  

paid $500 and see how the pricing it is for next year… 

Thanks for this info, great news if  made in Singapore and cheaper, will arrange for a test drive soon. So car will  be delivered in ‘22?

Edited by Car1990
↡ Advertisement