Wild boar attack

zipping

19 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

that the reason i skip cycling here.. so dangerous.. and the boar is BIG

had warn a few time here... even use the govt app to report many months back.. no picture no sound.. knn

Be careful if you use Old Upper Thomson Road.

2 Saturday, a lot of monkeys occupied the road after Casurina Road.

Last Friday, a lot of monkeys occupied the road after the junction of Upper Thomson Road

• Praise 3

On 12/3/2022 at 7:27 PM, Ender said:

My playground.. I better be alert nex time.

I thought you are speaking on behalf of the wild boar. 🤣

But seriously, these animals are fast and aggressive, when they charge towards you, i dont know what one could do about it. 

• Praise 1

Long ago... toa payoh lor 8 hawker centre there coffee shop had a store selling wild boat meat. Lor bak style. Quite nice. But never now real or just ordinary lau ter bu.

Bring it back... 

药材肉骨茶。。。

Problem solved. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

These wild boars need to be culled lah. Since they grow so fast, and reproduce so fast. Gov should take the task. 

Or maybe one day, we release a tiger into there :D 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Playtime said:

Long ago... toa payoh lor 8 hawker centre there coffee shop had a store selling wild boat meat. Lor bak style. Quite nice. But never now real or just ordinary lau ter bu.

Bring it back... 

药材肉骨茶。。。

Problem solved. 

I dont believe they really sell wild boar meat lo. Same like those zi char stall got sell deer meat and cost so much more. I also dont believe there are so many deer meat.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

30 minutes ago, Arogab said:

These wild boars need to be culled lah. Since they grow so fast, and reproduce so fast. Gov should take the task. 

If can do something like fence up, relocate the animal should try first.  These punggol lands were wild lands before we came and develop it, and now these animals has no where to go. Now the land they roam is getting so small, it's no wonder they will come to contact with human. We should know better it will happen  and have the higher intelligence to come out with a way out for both to survive.

• Praise 4

1 minute ago, Ender said:

If can do something like fence up, relocate the animal should try first.  These punggol lands were wild lands before we came and develop it, and now these animals has no where to go. Now the land they roam is getting so small, it's no wonder they will come to contact with human. We should know better it will happen  and have the higher intelligence to come out with a way out for both to survive.

But the fence I see in the video. Anytime can come out one. Last time after and for a long time, they don't have so much figures lah. I long time never taste wild boar meat from SG liao. I remember we got them in the market when young :D 

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Arogab said:

But the fence I see in the video. Anytime can come out one. Last time after and for a long time, they don't have so much figures lah. I long time never taste wild boar meat from SG liao. I remember we got them in the market when young :D 

I run along the punggol waterway almost everyday.. If the fence not good enough, I will die first before anyone else, then proceed to cull operation..😅 .  But really I think  both can survie if there are some planning. No need to exterminatre one for the sake of the other leisure activities.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

4 minutes ago, Ender said:

I run along the punggol waterway almost everyday.. If the fence not good enough, I will die first before anyone else, then proceed to cull operation..😅 .  But really I think  both can survie if there are some planning. No need to exterminatre one for the sake of the other leisure activities.

Maybe neuter wildboar 🤭

59 minutes ago, Arogab said:

theres is also a very real question of wtf are those really?

it matters if we look at it from a animal conservation pov. cos if they are just feralised escaped domestic pigs, there is arguably no "wildlife conservation" issue.

in america, they have the problem of feral hogs  in the millions until they literally conduct heli borne shooting .... just need vietnam war era song like Fortunate Sons playing...... honestly id pay to do it if its available.

they even do night section ambush. group of hunters form a line with NVDs, sneak up on a herd, then fire .... like our section ambush training, just never fire claymore.

this one using 50cal rifle.... heavy MG bullet. 12.5mm (our GPMG is 7.62mm)

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

They should be harvested periodically and auction off, when the number gets big. They are a good source of food. Otters should be treated the same way, but they may not have the market.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

9 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

They should be harvested periodically and auction off, when the number gets big. They are a good source of food. Otters should be treated the same way, but they may not have the market.

BBQ suckling wild boar will be yummy. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

16 hours ago, Arogab said:

If got culling then I might want to take up a gun license and be part of the culling team. How fun to shoot these pigs! 🤣

• Haha! 1

16 hours ago, Ender said:

Should send all these animal to Tekong la. 

↡ Advertisement