Wild boar attack

zipping

53 minutes ago, 13177 said:

This one really not easy to get used to it siah. 😓

😁 

Ok seriously.

Prior to my surgery I was told of a contingency plan. Correction procedure if my reading eye(brain) cant adapt and self correct. Luckily no such negative effect on me. 

-------------------------------------

Copied from goggle. A better explanation.

Monovision.

The concept of monovision is very simple. One eye is corrected for near vision and the other eye is corrected for distance vision. The brain decides which eye to use and when. The chief advantage of monovision is the freedom it can provide from reading glasses. Some people cannot stand the monovision effect of one eye for distant focus and one for near. About one-third of those who try monovision do not like it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

12 hours ago, Atonchia said:

Someone said interrogation was made and the boar confessed to committing both incidents. 

Definitely the right boar. 

They also confirmed with facial recognition and DNA test lah.. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

36 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

Scarli wild boars in that area are behaving like that because there is a new predator freaking them out..

A tiger that has swam across the causeway.

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

Scarli wild boars in that area are behaving like that because there is a new predator freaking them out..

Parents must take extra cautious with kids.😟

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Weez911 said:

these wild boar getting too daring, last time they dare to come out during night time only

• Praise 1

green man flashing liao ma....wild boar need to dash through, PMD blocking its way lor.....🤪

jokes aside... i think authorities need to seriously tackle this issue. catching one doesn’t solve the problem, there’s many more out there, this is potentially a ticking time bomb le...

• Haha! 1

I was alarmed by the speed of these boars, scare the sh#t out of me. Goodness

I have read the report in ST and I'm pretty sure the authorities put their hands together and trapped these run-away boars and find a pro-active method of letting them loose in the nature reserve, which does not benefit human habitat nor create or cultivate positive ecology system and diversity for both parties before more casualties and injuries worsen.

In the States, the villagers will shoot them , I'm not advocating it

46 minutes ago, Beregond said:

these wild boar getting too daring, last time they dare to come out during night time only

Need to study whether there is a more aggressive change to their behaviour (and caused by what), cos there are kids in these neighbourhood. 

This is not a normal ecosystem here because they have no natural predators to control their population naturally. If there is a need to cull (feel free to suggest a more humane way), I will support. Sorry.

• Praise 3

9 minutes ago, Meanmachine said:

I was alarmed by the speed of these boars, scare the sh#t out of me. Goodness

I have read the report in ST and I'm pretty sure the authorities put their hands together and trapped these run-away boars and find a pro-active method of letting them loose in the nature reserve, which does not benefit human habitat nor create or cultivate positive ecology system and diversity for both parties before more casualties and injuries worsen.

In the States, the villagers will shoot them , I'm not advocating it

We have been shooting them. But they breed very quickly and will swim from Johor. 

In the 80's when we had lots of Thai construction workers, don't remember we had wild boar problems. Maybe need to get the Thais to work here again! 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Haha! 7

4 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Need to study whether there is a more aggressive change to their behaviour (and caused by what), cos there are kids in these neighbourhood. 

I think the key reason is we give wild life  more room and respect. 

Its like the otter.  They very  daring  even during the days. Cos we give them all the space.

Its hard to have a good balance. 

I see alot of AM video. Those wild deer dare to let human touch  them 1. They coexist peaceful  with ppl.

But along with the deer come  the bear also😄

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

7 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

We have been shooting them. But they breed very quickly and will swim from Johor. 

In the 80's when we had lots of Thai construction workers, don't remember we had wild boar problems. Maybe need to get the Thais to work here again! 

Have lah. I remember reading about ppl going into the nature reserves and setting dangerous traps to capture these wild boars during that time.

• Praise 1

Hmm this might not be over yet.. more wild boars will come... more attacks may happen.

And no body even noticed something! None of them are wearing masks! 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

18 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Ya wild boars and iguanas breed like crazy. For sure need to cull. Just go YouTube to see the hog problem in Texas and iguana in Florida.
Those who keep saying need to protect them and humans get out of the way, need to have boars and iguana living next to them for them to understand. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged
21 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Looks like the only way is to activate all the buaya bros from this forum liao.. 🐊[laugh]

• Haha! 1

21 hours ago, Weez911 said:

This is not a normal ecosystem here because they have no natural predators to control their population naturally. If there is a need to cull (feel free to suggest a more humane way), I will support. Sorry.

Don't see an alternative, no natural predator and they breed like crazy, one of advantages of farming pigs is ability to reproduce more often than other livestock species.  

A farmed 6-7 months old can get pregnant and start reproducing, a 120 days pregnancy cycle,  some breeds can produce at least 20 piglets a year... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3