wind wind go away

Tianmo

18 minutes ago, Karoon said:

What i find most sad these few windy months is that i didnt see one single kid try to fly a kite in the open fields around my place.

What are "open fields"?? Kids in the coming years will find this hard to comprehend.

Ironically, heard some people keep their kids indoors now because scared they catch a cold from the strong winds (very inconvenient now due to covid worries)

Edited by Sosaria
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

22 minutes ago, Karoon said:

What i find most sad these few windy months is that i didnt see one single kid try to fly a kite in the open fields around my place.

They flying on their tablets. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

30 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Want to see kite flying, only place is at marina barrage. Lol.

13 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

What are "open fields"?? Kids in the coming years will find this hard to comprehend.

Ironically, heard some people keep their kids indoors now because scared they catch a cold from the strong winds (very inconvenient now due to covid worries)

Even no strong winds, most kids nowadays also like to stay indoors more than going outdoors.

19 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

yah very true... if kanna normal flu/cough sure SHN for 5 days and missed out a lot from school. Its a big risk to take... 

• Praise 1

My windows has been slamming close so much and hard recently. Better check the rivets and screws on your window are tighten or intact. The wind like can blow it off the frame easily.

• Haha! 3

4 hours ago, Jman888 said:

why go away? i like strong wind.

Nah, winds in SG is weak.

Nothing compared to those when I was working in Taiwan.

Some 'normal' winds can make you grab onto something while walking.

No joke.

2 hours ago, Karoon said:

Our time fly kites, now fly drones :grin:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

3 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

No joke.

Hsinchu,  风城. Famous for windy there.

1 hour ago, Windwaver said:

No joke.

I enjoy being blow at but not blown away [laugh]

• Haha! 11

Late November to early March is known to be windy all these years. It is the Northeast monsoon. If you are a r/c glider flier you will know. It is the season to be flying gliders. But now, so much restrictions, lesser ppl flying liao. Also the only most favourable spot is banned from r/c activities. 

• Praise 3

The strongest wind I ever encountered was up in Denmark where they build wind generators. The winds near are nothing compared to the winds there, near the North Sea. Over there, there are an ocean if wind generators and they called it a wind farm!!!

3 hours ago, Tohto said:

Hsinchu,  风城. Famous for windy there.

Taiwan is the next potential wind farm. Quite a few companies are eager to go in there. My ex-company setup an office there to look at the opportunities. 

9 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Late November to early March is known to be windy all these years. It is the Northeast monsoon. If you are a r/c glider flier you will know. It is the season to be flying gliders. But now, so much restrictions, lesser ppl flying liao. Also the only most favourable spot is banned from r/c activities. 

True that Nov to Mar is known to be windy. But seems like this year the wind like stronger than last year? Past months the wind really blow until i 头疯?! [dizzy]

• Haha! 2