RTMT vs Komoco

Nudgedoink

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

I think RTMT has been around at least a decade?! [:p]

Longer bro… been in the field since 2000, 2 decades. Still doing well in selling Hyundai cars

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, RadX said:

Longer bro… been in the field since 2000, 2 decades. Still doing well in selling Hyundai cars

So long liao? [:p] I remember i heard of this RTMT in around 2008 era. Know they are selling hyundai cars but never go to their showroom at all. If want to buy hyundai cars, i still go to komco. Lol.

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

I think RTMT has been around at least a decade?! [:p]

i heard that the name of their boss is ricky tay - guessing therefore that RTMT stands for Ricky Tay Motor Trading, dunno right or not lol 😛 

• Praise 1

17 minutes ago, bonjin said:

i heard that the name of their boss is ricky tay - guessing therefore that RTMT stands for Ricky Tay Motor Trading, dunno right or not lol 😛 

I still remember him offering peanuts for my 7mths left Suzuki. There was more utility leaving it by the side of the road then letting him have it. 

• Haha! 1

Lol.. ever notice some shops below heartland HDB also can sell brand new cars?? Then the old shop house near Nee Soon Camp also been selling cars for many years, and it’s still exist to this day. 

Car industry is still very much stuck in the 80s era. Hopefully Tesla can disrupt this shady industry. 

6 hours ago, Nudgedoink said:

yeah its an official hyundai authorised dealer. but what I'm wondering is, if they provide the same discounts, etc, why would someone choose them instead. Hoping those who have purchased from them or GS can chime in. 

Actually those SE sometimes serve at both side also.

*went to look at the Avante before and asked the SE there.

Service is fine even though I didnt buy.

The gd thing is that its in AML, so they exist to fight off PI to some extent and also cater to east side in Ubi.

17 hours ago, Zxcvb said:

Lol.. ever notice some shops below heartland HDB also can sell brand new cars?? Then the old shop house near Nee Soon Camp also been selling cars for many years, and it’s still exist to this day. 

Car industry is still very much stuck in the 80s era. Hopefully Tesla can disrupt this shady industry. 

That one is Nissan dealer.

Got more flexibility on loans if you do not want to pay 30% downpayment but with markup depending on your cash upfront.

Also, they offer a slightly higher trade in for my old car.

On 2/22/2021 at 4:53 PM, RaymondKhong said:

Hyundai got 2 authorised dealers;  RTMT & GS Automobile.

I bought my Avante in GS. Service is ok. Got my car within 1 month on the 1st bid.

I think GS no longer carrying Hyundai cars anymore, I see their Facebook posts all advertising PI cars now. 

I bought my Avante in GS. Service is ok. Got my car within 1 month on the 1st bid.

Komoco is not one?

And which one sells the premium hyundai brand... forgot the brand name... (something like infiniti)?

And the big hyundai r&d centre u/c next to google in jurong... whose is it?

25 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Komoco is not one?

And which one sells the premium hyundai brand... forgot the brand name... (something like infiniti)?

And the big hyundai r&d centre u/c next to google in jurong... whose is it?

Genesis brand? Was sold by komoco.

As for the hyundai R&D and factory in jurong, that is owned directly by Hyundai Motor Group

Edited by Ceecookie
  • Praise 1

On 2/22/2021 at 4:27 PM, Nudgedoink said:

with regards to Hyundai cars, I know RTMT is an authorised dealer as well. From what I could find out, they give the same promotions and discounts as Komoco. Is there any reason why someone would go with RTMT instead of Komoco is that is the case?

If same price, I will take from KMC.

Personal preference. Afterall, cars purchased at RTMT, will still be fulfilled, undergo PDI by KMC. After those inspection and all, the car will be driven to RTMT from KMC to be delivered to the customer.

GS is no longer an authorized reseller for Hyundai cars. 

↡ Advertisement