RTMT vs Komoco

Nudgedoink

Komoco, as an AD, will only offer standard loan packages (bank loan) for people who have good credit and able to cough out min 30% dp.

RTMT on the other hand, works like a PI. They can offer you a brand new Hyundai with all sorts of "flexible aka shady" packages ranging from 0% dp, 0 driveaway, full loan, lease to own etc. This is for the poor and cash strapped people like me.

Edited by Sunset73
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Sunset73 said:

Komoco, as an AD, will only offer standard loan packages (bank loan) for people who have good credit and able to cough out min 30% dp.

RTMT on the other hand, works like a PI. They can offer you a brand new Hyundai with all sorts of "flexible aka shady" packages ranging from 0% dp, 0 driveaway, full loan, lease to own etc. This is for the poor and cash strapped people like me.

If you are really poor, why you own a car in the 1st place ?

I bought from both before. 

Got my Hyundai Getz 1.3L in 2002 from RTMT located at AML last time, not sure about now. They are authorized agent to sell Hyundai cars. Full name should be Ricky Tay Motor Trading IIRC. Servicing wise, I can choose to go Komoco or any other authorized servicing workshops for Hyundai.

Got my Mitsubishi i-car from Fulco Motors (C&C authorized dealer) in 2008. Fulco is privately owned and does not represent C&C Singapore. Car can be serviced at Alexandra or Panda service centre too. No difference. 

Cheers!

• Praise 1

On 2/22/2021 at 9:05 PM, Mkl22 said:

I still remember him offering peanuts for my 7mths left Suzuki. There was more utility leaving it by the side of the road then letting him have it. 

Whose kind of peanut?

Some peanut worth $600,000.

:D

• Haha! 1

On 2/24/2021 at 10:17 AM, Sunset73 said:

family need? i need? backside itchy? lots of excuses

Also, can use for phv to make some $$$$. Many neighbour and friend have the same philosophy.

So buying a car can supplement many aspect of individual needs

3 minutes ago, Tcx607 said:

Also, can use for phv to make some $$$$. Many neighbour and friend have the same philosophy.

So buying a car can supplement many aspect of individual needs

Yup, if you need a car, don't need to explain to anyone. Whether you eat grass every month to own the car or full cash to buy the car, you owe nobody an explanation. As long as within your means by your own judgement and you're happy with it, that's more important. Everyone has their own reasons to own a car, arising from circumstances, needs, wants. Not everyone can pay huge down payment or full cash. Not everyone has good credit. There is no need to compare.

Edited by Sunset73
  • Praise 2

I have only bought from RTMT, and twice: 2008 and 2018. First for i30, second for Tucson. 

I bought from them in 2008 because it was near my work place, and 2018 because it was near C&C Ubi where I sent in my W246 for repairs (again). I literally drove the W246 after repair collection directly to RTMT to trade it in.  

I noticed that RTMT offered a slightly higher trade in value. Komoco didn't even give a quote. RTMT offered higher than C&C (Benz) by a little. 

Otherwise what you get is exactly the same as buying from komoco. They even itemized all their freebies like solar screen, water bottle, umbrella etc. For a person who don't bargain, this is great, because everyone gets the same!

They may not have all the sub-models for test driving. I wanted to test the 2.0 NA because I wanted the sunroof and they didn't have that for testing. Instead, they arranged for me to test the boss's car (should be the younger Mr Tay) on the next day, which I thought was nice of them. 

Buying from them is more a 'homely' feeling. They are sincere but not as polished as komoco in customer service. After the purchase, I go to komoco for servicing and become like everyone else. All my receipts and docs were issued by komoco.  

I think the test route at Alexandra is better than Ubi because Ubi traffic is very heavy most of the time. Car collection at RTMT was stressful because there were so many cars to navigate around to the exit. (LOL) 

Its been almost 3 years and I still feel grateful to drive the Tucson. Like the i30, It is reliable and fuss free and gets me around comfortably. I have driven into Malaysia a few times. No major issues, and every time after servicing at komoco, it feels new again. I hope they bring in the Tucson hybrid and that will certainly be my next car if they do.  

On 2/26/2021 at 10:52 AM, Sunset73 said:

Yup, if you need a car, don't need to explain to anyone. Whether you eat grass every month to own the car or full cash to buy the car, you owe nobody an explanation. As long as within your means by your own judgement and you're happy with it, that's more important. Everyone has their own reasons to own a car, arising from circumstances, needs, wants. Not everyone can pay huge down payment or full cash. Not everyone has good credit. There is no need to compare.

Well said bro.

My friend once told me, as long as you don't beg, borrow or steal money to buy your car but only use your own money, you bought it within your own means. Don't need to owe anybody explanation why you change or buy that car. 

Cheers. 

Bought from RTMT about 15 years ago now. They obviously get commission for selling on behalf of Komical and found them to be slightly more open to negotiating then their principle. Bought two identical Tucson's (company cars with consecutive number plates they also helped me arrange...) and cant remember the specific details but a few hundred $$$ better for me than buying direct. 

↡ Advertisement