Change car now or wait till later?

Nudgedoink

1 hour ago, Kia7200 said:

When u buying new car, the se will tell u market good, coe going up faster buy. Today already many orders 

If u trading in car to them, they tell u market so bad, Coe going to drop. Can only take in at paper value

That's exactly what I always say.

:D

You car dealer also huh?

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Jamesc said:

That's exactly what I always say.

You car dealer also huh?

No la. I observed this bs 

Usually the price they offered, u plus 3k still consider damn cheap if u sell urself

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, Kia7200 said:

No la. I observed this bs 

Usually the price they offered, u plus 3k still consider damn cheap if u sell urself

We used car dealers don't give you a good price.

But we also don't waste your time.

Sell yourself will get a better price but you have a lot of time wasters.

If you selling spot car then you get a lot of joyriders with no intention to buy.

Then got genuine buyers but their loan not approved.

Lastly you waste a lot of time with low-ball offers.

If people don't mind and very patient type then own self sell and get a better price.

But if want to sell fast we give you cash immediately and take your car away.

Same with haircut, do yourself save money.

Cook yourself no need pay expensive restaurant price.

Massage yourself no need to go spa. Save yourself a lot of money.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Most important is bake your own bread.

One company sells 1 million loafs a day and say each loaf 1.60 then they collect $1.6 million everyday.

Today 1.6m tomorrow another 1.6m and third day 1.6m.

Why let them eat your hard earn money?

True or not, true or not?

Don't waste money.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

Well. One more benefit of trading in your car (i.e. sell to dealer indirectly) is that you can book your new car now, at the price comfortable to you and immediately know how much they taking in your current car.

If you slowly sell your current car on your own, sure, u make more. But what makes you think by the time u sell, your new car price won't increase due to COE?

Unless u got such big balls or deep pockets can book new car first without selling old car. 

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Depends la bro. Every decision you make, has its own consequences. You want fast cash. It be lesser. You wait and try to sell yourself, sure you might likely increase your car profit margin by a few thousands maybe? Then maybe you see the COE has increased then you suck thumb. If COE decreases or maintain.. good for you. 
Some people may not have time for all this. Some people have that luxury of time. Individual perspectives. Neither right nor wrong. Your call.

Imo, at the current situation if you have a car then hold on. Forecast is 2025 onwards coe MAY start to drop. No need to think. 

If car reaching 10 years, either renew coe or scrap. Imo, I will use the parf and buy a resale car.

If no car or car reaching end of life(already more than 10years) but die die need a car for work or family, go shortlist the cars you want. Then calculate the depreciation,  if new car, calculate depreciation if plan to scrap it after 4 years.  (Assuming 2026 coe will drop). Then compare .

This is my opinion.  All the experts please correct my theory or add on.

Cheers and damn the blardy high coe.

On 2/22/2021 at 5:10 PM, t0y0ta said:

Best time to change is when you have a lot of money.

If you have no money - any time, even $1 COE is a bad time

Jokes aside. If you can coincide low COE period (let's say 20+k) with your car reaching 10year EOL, then that is perfect timing!

If need to think means not ready, if got cash, just follow the heart, no need to think so much 😂 

On 2/23/2021 at 9:21 AM, Soya said:

Whether $70k COE or $2 COE, for used cars the annual depre would be the market price

For example, would one pay $8k depre for a Jazz w $2 COE or $13k for jazz w $70k COE?

The onli advantage I see for a high COE car is when both depre the same or just marginally more

And of course, used car dealers can offer 100% loan w high interest on a higher priced car, in which the buyer gets screwed kau kau in a threesome.....

For this eg. I just go for second hand mercs. .. same depn with the higher depn figures😆

On 2/25/2021 at 9:11 AM, Jamesc said:

We used car dealers don't give you a good price.

But we also don't waste your time.

Sell yourself will get a better price but you have a lot of time wasters.

If you selling spot car then you get a lot of joyriders with no intention to buy.

Then got genuine buyers but their loan not approved.

Lastly you waste a lot of time with low-ball offers.

If people don't mind and very patient type then own self sell and get a better price.

But if want to sell fast we give you cash immediately and take your car away.

Same with haircut, do yourself save money.

Cook yourself no need pay expensive restaurant price.

Massage yourself no need to go spa. Save yourself a lot of money.

Sometimes u really give excellent anecdotes!.. I wonder if ur a bot at times .. cause of the MIL jokes 🤣🤣

• Haha! 1

MIL posts are bait.

People like to read the silly MIL posts to have a laugh and destess

Then they also read the smart post and get the wisdom.

Ask kids read a school text book very difficult

Give them comics immediately open and read

Put the lesson in the comics lah

Now you know don't tell anyone my secret

3 hours ago, Mrmilktooth said:

Sometimes u really give excellent anecdotes!.. I wonder if ur a bot at times .. cause of the MIL jokes 🤣🤣

• Haha! 2

If can even think of changing car are consider fortunate, on the other hand, some  are planning to give it up as it is getting more and more expensive to drive, high coe, petrol hikes etc. furthermore jobs security are uncertain 😂 if no money, better give it up, never rely on a job is needed then can drive. If can still can afford to drive while being jobless, by all means go ahead 😂 

Edited by Ginyu

This lind of topics is not going anywhere lah. It all depends on alot of factors such as urgency (perceived or real), how deep the pocket, timing, dynamics at home, etc, etc.

I have changed cars many times over the last 16 years, mostly new, and always saying this is going to be the car that will be kept for 10 years. But within 1 ot 3 years, they will be replaced mostly due to above reasons. From hatback to MPV could be something like with bigger family would need a MPV, so change lor. The curent car is a lemon and we need a reliable car to serve the family so change lor, the current car very big  very difficult to park and drive and petrol guzzler so change lor and might s well change to 2 small cars since the costs increase not by much, someone major in the family does not like the look of the car so eventually also change lor, new model change being launched so itchy backside to change lor, current car can sell at higher than purchase price after 2 years so can consider to change lor, etc. Above are only some of the excuses that had been used, and there are always excuses to change car lah. Never a good or bad time, so long as you have a car to change, and must be those less than 3 years of age then got chance to do with ease as less cash outlay so easier to persuade if need to.

On 2/24/2021 at 6:48 PM, Turboflat4 said:

No need listen to me lah sifu. It's common sense right? 😁

I mean the people who say buying high COE car is good if you plan to scrap it halfway... that's like saying booking a cemetery plot and buying a coffin in your twenties is good because you got a good discount. In other words, hoping for the worst rather than the best, or even the most realistic outcome. 

Does that kind of mindset even make sense to you? Buying a car with a high COE so you can basically destroy it ahead of schedule and get back more? I'm no financial whiz but it just seems ass backward logic to me. 😂

siang ka pager...coffin talk💀:a-rip::grin:

that said, depends on the model too.  

For eg, i checked that my car, they will buy in for $270k.  I paid $245.  This is a year after.  Cos the new price is now $320....but of course, i will not sell to sharks...i mean delares...i will sell direct, and perhaps, at $260k.  Still win win for me

• Praise 2

58 minutes ago, RadX said:

siang ka pager...coffin talk💀:a-rip::grin:

Wah. You got the page more than 1 year late. 😂

But as they say in your line of work, better LATE than never. 😂

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Haha! 1

I don't know why people say car price keep going up

people will scrap car and stop driving.

If people scrap car and stop driving car price will go down.

Car price keep going up only because people buy car and drive!

↡ Advertisement