2022 2nd Generation Lexus NX

Carbon82

Finally they dumped the super outdated infotainment system. 

This looks pretty similar to Mercedes's MBUX,

- Touch pads on both sides of the steering wheel (I assume left pad controls instrument cluster, right pad controls the touch screen on the centre console)

- Voice activated command? 

- Much bigger touchscreen on the centre console and what looks like an all-new infotainment interface 

Exterior wise, pretty much expected of Lexus so no big surprises here. At least I still can easily tell the difference between UX, NX & RX at first glance. 

• Haha! 1

Video was accidentally leaked around yesterday afternoon (night time in USA) - within couple hours they forced Youtube to take down all the postings. I watched it just before it disappeared. But too late as many copies now in other streaming sites and screenshots also.

A bit disappointed in the looks (too similar to current) and interior (too Toyota-ish; not elegant enough).

Would have prefered the looks to be a lifted version of the new IS.

• Praise 2

I would say the new NX is quite well proportioned, and the design element are more cohesive. The tail light is simple and elegant looking, although some may say it look BMW-ish or Audi-is. 

The only concern I have is with the button and spacing on the center console. As a driver, it will be challenging to make adjustments using the relatively small and closely spaced button (physical or touch sensitive) while driving.

2022-lexus-nx-screenshot-from-leaked-off

• Praise 7

57 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

WOAH! I like how the infotainment looks!

But hor, the rear light a bit ugly in my opinion. 

It's already an improvement to the old one which was not just ugly but fugly!

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

I would say the new NX is quite well proportioned, and the design element are more cohesive. The tail light is simple and elegant looking, although some may say it look BMW-ish or Audi-is. 

The only concern I have is with the button and spacing on the center console. As a driver, it will be challenging to make adjustments using the relatively small and closely spaced button (physical or touch sensitive) while driving.

2022-lexus-nx-screenshot-from-leaked-off

It's still not too bad lah, I still can see they kept aircon temp control knobs.

Everyone is migrating to touch screens and cutting down on physical buttons for that sleek look, new C-Class, Porsche Taycan, Ferrari Roma etc. To hell with tactile feedback from physical switches/knobs, in which Audi used to be very proud of last time. 

On a Tesla, you want to pay extra for physical buttons on the steering wheel or centre console also don't have! 😂

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Lethalstrike said:

It's still not too bad lah, I still can see they kept aircon temp control knobs.

Everyone is migrating to touch screens and cutting down on physical buttons for that sleek look, new C-Class, Porsche Taycan, Ferrari Roma etc. To hell with tactile feedback from physical switches/knobs, in which Audi used to be very proud of last time. 

On a Tesla, you want to pay extra for physical buttons on the steering wheel or centre console also don't have! 😂

Future luxury cars are basically large screens with a car added on.

1 hour ago, t0y0ta said:

Future luxury cars are basically large screens with a car added on.

Unfortunately and fortunately, that's a yes. 

Unfortunately is because even for simple things such as climate control etc, we will prefer to have physical buttons. No need to take our eyes off the road. 

Fortunately is because accessing the majority of the functions from a modern infotainment system, the large touchscreen is also the most intuitive since everyone is already used to smartphones. 

1 hour ago, Lethalstrike said:

Even Volvo XC40 also everything touch screen 

5 hours ago, t0y0ta said:

Video was accidentally leaked around yesterday afternoon (night time in USA) - within couple hours they forced Youtube to take down all the postings. I watched it just before it disappeared. But too late as many copies now in other streaming sites and screenshots also.

A bit disappointed in the looks (too similar to current) and interior (too Toyota-ish; not elegant enough).

Would have prefered the looks to be a lifted version of the new IS.

the IS is more of facelift right? this NX is like a new model overall, new interior altogether

i do like how the DRL is now integrated into the headlight. The cutout fish hook DRL (current NX and pre facelift IS) in the past looks weird

(edited)
On 2/25/2021 at 12:48 PM, Lethalstrike said:

They stopped short of going full retard 😁

image.png.bd533ad2534bc87da03b9aae4f7834ed.png

Edited by andrewyewkc
↡ Advertisement