2022 2nd Generation Lexus NX

Carbon82

On 2/25/2021 at 10:13 AM, Stratovarius said:

Ux looks bigger in the pictures than irl. I was quite surprised when I saw it in person. 

Ya, i have the same feeling also. And somehow it's also starting to look a bit....dated? 

↡ Advertisement

Internal Moderator
10 hours ago, Anderss said:

Can anyone share if Lexus advertised price and real showroom price got difference?

confirm got difference. I dunno how much, but every advertised price will be high, then when you go there they will slash a bit so you will have the feel good effect. Merc, BMW all will have these tactics too.

• Praise 3

True. Like BMW give exceptionally high OT reduction. Mercs pale compared to it.

Question is Lexus is on which side?

• Praise 1

(edited)
On 4/6/2021 at 10:16 AM, Anderss said:

True. Like BMW give exceptionally high OT reduction. Mercs pale compared to it.

Question is Lexus is on which side?

Ain't OT basically how much mark up? They can mark the car up by 150k and give you a 100k overtrade, u want?

Or they can up the car selling price then tell you $50k discount!

Edited by ferrytales
  • Haha! 1

On 4/5/2021 at 11:09 PM, Anderss said:

Can anyone share if Lexus advertised price and real showroom price got difference?

Your first time?

What ever you see is called the "listed price". When you go down to the showroom to enquire the sales ppl will offer you a discount. If there is an event or promo there will be further or additional discounts. That is how it is said.

• Praise 3

(edited)
58 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Your first time?

What ever you see is called the "listed price". When you go down to the showroom to enquire the sales ppl will offer you a discount. If there is an event or promo there will be further or additional discounts. That is how it is said.

Not 1st but 1st time with Lexus so wondering if i skip OT, what kind of differences are we.looking at

Edited by Anderss

2 hours ago, Anderss said:

Not 1st but 1st time with Lexus so wondering if i skip OT, what kind of differences are we.looking at

It is no shame to be new to car buying. Instead of saying things and embarrass themselves like 20 years never step into the car showroom.

A sales person suggest OT to you? He/she thinks you cannot afford to buy the car is it? Haha...

I can tell you what to expect so that you dont make a fool of yourself cos what you ask ppl they will know where you are coming from. Because they see all sorts of folks walking into the showroom.

For authorized dealers...when it comes to discounts and freebies it is fixed for every customer by the car dealership. No special discounts for individuals. I have come across very thick skin individuals who keep pestering the salesman for more discount while I was test driving a car. They keep calling and ask for discount. As long as their father did not open the dealership whatever discount and freebies...it is fixed. If you want more discounts wait for special sale events or sgp sale.

It is good that you do not want to consider OT. It is basically used when ppl dont have cash to top up the shortfall even after trading in their existing car and taking 70% loan. In other words no money. Everything is inflated so that you take a much bigger loan and pay a lot more interest. Like say after discount and everything your car cost 100K but the amount of interest is like the 1st two year of  installments you are just paying interest alone. Havent even begin paying the 100K yet. That is how bad it is. If you get into financial difficulty and cannot pay the installment you will be in a shitload of financial trouble cos interest will add onto your late payments. Most ppl cannot get out of it and became broke. Dont think that selling your car will solve your problem. Ppl fall into a lot of debt with the same thinking.

It is ok if you dont know how to work out the sums cos the salesperson will take care of it. As in you guys will sit down and do the math on a piece of paper. If he or she start putting OT into the picture means it is out of your budget. You can still save yourself and tell him or her you will consider the offer and let him/her know on a later date.

So my advise is to choose a hat that fits your head.

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, Watwheels said:

It is no shame to be new to car buying. Instead of saying things and embarrass themselves like 20 years never step into the car showroom.

A sales person suggest OT to you? He/she thinks you cannot afford to buy the car is it? Haha...

I can tell you what to expect so that you dont make a fool of yourself cos what you ask ppl they will know where you are coming from. Because they see all sorts of folks walking into the showroom.

For authorized dealers...when it comes to discounts and freebies it is fixed for every customer by the car dealership. No special discounts for individuals. I have come across very thick skin individuals who keep pestering the salesman for more discount while I was test driving a car. They keep calling and ask for discount. As long as their father did not open the dealership whatever discount and freebies...it is fixed. If you want more discounts wait for special sale events or sgp sale.

It is good that you do not want to consider OT. It is basically used when ppl dont have cash to top up the shortfall even after trading in their existing car and taking 70% loan. In other words no money. Everything is inflated so that you take a much bigger loan and pay a lot more interest. Like say after discount and everything your car cost 100K but the amount of interest is like the 1st two year of  installments you are just paying interest alone. Havent even begin paying the 100K yet. That is how bad it is. If you get into financial difficulty and cannot pay the installment you will be in a shitload of financial trouble cos interest will add onto your late payments. Most ppl cannot get out of it and became broke. Dont think that selling your car will solve your problem. Ppl fall into a lot of debt with the same thinking.

It is ok if you dont know how to work out the sums cos the salesperson will take care of it. As in you guys will sit down and do the math on a piece of paper. If he or she start putting OT into the picture means it is out of your budget. You can still save yourself and tell him or her you will consider the offer and let him/her know on a later date.

So my advise is to choose a hat that fits your head.

WoT and not sure what you are trying to drive. 

5 minutes ago, Anderss said:

WoT and not sure what you are trying to drive. 

You dont have to come here ask what you have posted earlier. Just head directly to the showroom to find out. It is not hard to get there.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

You dont have to come here ask what you have posted earlier. Just head directly to the showroom to find out. It is not hard to get there.

Is not but i am asking for experience before making a trip there. At least i know roughly what to expect. Is that too much to ask?

• Praise 1

46 minutes ago, Anderss said:

Is not but i am asking for experience before making a trip there. At least i know roughly what to expect. Is that too much to ask?

And I think people already gave you some "tips"

Are those sufficient info for you to make a trip down to verify the "tips" or to get some first hand experiences, then come back here and ask more with first hand info?

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Anderss said:

Lexus quite straightforward la, if they give you 20k overtrade, you can either choose to offset 20k from listed price or add 20k to your trade in car price. Even you dont trade in any car, the 20k will also be deducted from the listed price. Every car model has different overtrade value, go down showroom ask and understand better.

• Praise 5

13 minutes ago, Koizee said:

Lexus quite straightforward la, if they give you 20k overtrade, you can either choose to offset 20k from listed price or add 20k to your trade in car price. Even you dont trade in any car, the 20k will also be deducted from the listed price. Every car model has different overtrade value, go down showroom ask and understand better.

Yeah.. this is quite standard practice.. can also split the discount between outright discount and trade in overtrade to adjust the amount of downpayment to make. like the example you gave, can do 10k discount off list price and 10k top up to trade in value. 

• Praise 1

@Anderss May i know which model are you interested in? I have make some enquiry n ES & NX about 2 weeks back. 

BM OT is straight forward like other mentioned, either off list price or add on to trade in price.  

• Praise 4

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Keithyap said:

@Anderss May i know which model are you interested in? I have make some enquiry n ES & NX about 2 weeks back. 

BM OT is straight forward like other mentioned, either off list price or add on to trade in price.  

same models as you. Yes, am planning to go down by this week. 

1 hour ago, Koizee said:

Thank you - this is very helpful

1 hour ago, Soundphile said:

Yeah.. this is quite standard practice.. can also split the discount between outright discount and trade in overtrade to adjust the amount of downpayment to make. like the example you gave, can do 10k discount off list price and 10k top up to trade in value. 

nice.

finally some constructive responses over the empty vessels. Thank you much.

Edited by Anderss
  • Praise 4

2022 Lexus NX 250

lexus_nx_250_049c038e0a4607cc.jpg

lexus_nx_250_7_01f100aa0e230998.jpg

lexus_nx_250_1_017c00d810560af9.jpg

lexus_nx_250_6_022601340de20970.jpg

lexus_nx_250_19_04a102f80a4707ba.jpg

2022 Lexus NX 350

lexus_nx_350_5_06a805bd16f01137.jpg

lexus_nx_350_7_060903cb1862103e.jpg

lexus_nx_350_05e102d21b6812ac.jpg