Sinovac arrives in SG, selected clinics allowed to administer vaccine at a fee

Ender

16 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

you mean pfizer isn't at own risk? govt will give you back your life if you die?

Don't take as you may die from vaccination.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic
15 minutes ago, Ray7456 said:

All at own risk except it isn't loaded with a free vaccine injury financial assistance programme. Max payout $225K

https://www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/vaccination/vifap

I wonder to date, how many cases were deem vaccine related and the patient successfully claimed something from this scheme? @inlinesix got this data bo?

So far no death relating to vaccine. All those they said is Covid with underlying health condition. By MCF standard, where $20K pm salary is the norm, its only a year's annual income 😂

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Ender said:

I wonder to date, how many cases were deem vaccine related and the patient successfully claimed something from this scheme? @inlinesix got this data bo?

Till now, no cases are related to the vaccine.

That's what I know.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Did my reporters got it wrong? 

Singapore has received about 200,000 doses of the Sinovac Covid-19 vaccine as part of advanced purchases made last year, but these will not be used until the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) has approved the vaccine.

Sinovac had been approved by WHO and MOH.

Questions: 

If approved by WHO and MOH, with ready stock*, why  not provide them to the general public via the National Programme rather than allowed under the Special Access Route (SAR) via private institutions. Furthermore Sinovac complications will not be eligible for the Vaccine Injury Financial Assistance Programme (Vifap).

* vaccines bought using tax-payers' money.

Isn't it confusing?

Authorities hold back Sinovac for the longest time because waiting for information.

Suddenly approved for public use (includes Tom, Dick and Harry including Mary and Jane) BUT only via private healthcare and no Vifap.

However, MOH clarified on Wednesday that this is still a possibility that is being assessed.

So exactly is Sinovac safe to take or not? If safe, approved for public use and needed to pay then why NO Vifap and still possibility of being assessed? 

Will these confusing messages lead to vaccination hesitancy?

Please kindly bear with me (sweating under my collar) as I will improve our internal reporting standards for clarity but in the mean time please don't umbrage.

Edited by Ash2017

Hypersonic
(edited)

Sinopharm much waited phase 3 trial results. Good to go with 72% and 78% efficacy between age 18 to 59. But still lacking in data for the 60 and above. No test or trial for under 18, which is the data I am more  concern of. The other data of on concern that is lacking is the sides effects. Not much is written out there.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3135067/chinese-drug-firm-sinopharm-finally-publishes-covid-19-vaccine

Edited by Ender

People rejected, allergic to Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines to be reimbursed if they get Sinovac COVID-19 jab at private clinics

There are about 34,000 such individuals, said MOH in a press release, adding that details will be made known to them in the coming week.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/sinovac-covid-19-vaccine-government-reimburse-private-clinics-14949372

• Praise 2

Supercharged

https://fortune.com/2021/06/02/china-covid-vaccine-who-approval-sinovac-sinopharm-bet/

The WHO found that Sinovac’s inactivated COVID-19 vaccine is “safe, effective, and quality assured” in a two-dose regimen, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director-general of the WHO, said in a statement on Tuesday. “It’s now crucial to get these lifesaving tools to the people that need them quickly,” he said.

Initial Phase III trial results showed that Sinovac's vaccine is just over 50% effective in preventing COVID-19 infections. But real-world data suggests that its efficacy may be as high as 67% in preventing infections and 98% effective in preventing deaths related to COVID-19 vaccines.

• Praise 2

Supercharged
On 6/5/2021 at 9:57 AM, Blueray said:

People rejected, allergic to Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines to be reimbursed if they get Sinovac COVID-19 jab at private clinics

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/sinovac-covid-19-vaccine-government-reimburse-private-clinics-14949372

I'm one of them. If make me pay will lose at least 3 votes at next GE 😁

• Haha! 4

Hypersonic

If no P and M I would take Sinovac.

Not only is it safer it is also harder and more time consuming to make.

:D

That's why it's actually more valuable.

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

If no P and M I would take Sinovac.

Not only is it safer it is also harder and more time consuming to make.

:D

That's why it's actually more valuable.

If it is safer then why not take it even when P and M is available?

Supersonic
(edited)

Sinovac not good enough ?

It's the delta variant causing havoc..

Hundreds of Indonesian doctors contract COVID-19 despite vaccination, dozens hospitalised

JAKARTA: More than 350 Indonesian doctors have contracted COVID-19 despite being vaccinated with Sinovac and dozens have been hospitalised, officials said, as concerns rise about the efficacy of some vaccines against more virulent virus strains.

Most of the doctors were asymptomatic and self-isolating at home, said Badai Ismoyo, head of the Kudus district health office in Central Java, but dozens were in hospital with high fevers and declining oxygen saturation levels.

Kudus is battling an outbreak believed to be driven by the more transmissible Delta variant which has pushed bed occupancy rates above 90 per cent in the district.

Designated as a priority group, Indonesian healthcare workers were among the first to be vaccinated when the inoculation drive started in January.

Almost all have received the COVID-19 vaccine developed by Chinese biopharmaceutical company Sinovac, according to the Indonesian Medical Association.

While the number of Indonesian healthcare workers dying from COVID-19 has decreased significantly – dropping from 158 deaths this January to 13 this May, according to data initiative group LaporCOVID-19 – public health experts say the Java hospitalisations are cause for concern.

"The data shows they have the Delta variant so it is no surprise that the breakthrough infection is higher than before because as we know the majority of healthcare workers in Indonesia got Sinovac, and we still don't know yet how effective it is in the real world against the Delta variant," said Dicky Budiman, an epidemiologist from Australia's Griffith University.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/indonesia-covid-19-doctors-hospitalised-delta-variant-vaccinated-15033196

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 2

On 6/2/2021 at 10:20 PM, Ash2017 said:

Did my reporters got it wrong? 

Singapore has received about 200,000 doses of the Sinovac Covid-19 vaccine as part of advanced purchases made last year, but these will not be used until the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) has approved the vaccine.

Sinovac had been approved by WHO and MOH.

Questions: 

If approved by WHO and MOH, with ready stock*, why  not provide them to the general public via the National Programme rather than allowed under the Special Access Route (SAR) via private institutions. Furthermore Sinovac complications will not be eligible for the Vaccine Injury Financial Assistance Programme (Vifap).

* vaccines bought using tax-payers' money.

Isn't it confusing?

Authorities hold back Sinovac for the longest time because waiting for information.

Suddenly approved for public use (includes Tom, Dick and Harry including Mary and Jane) BUT only via private healthcare and no Vifap.

However, MOH clarified on Wednesday that this is still a possibility that is being assessed.

So exactly is Sinovac safe to take or not? If safe, approved for public use and needed to pay then why NO Vifap and still possibility of being assessed? 

Will these confusing messages lead to vaccination hesitancy?

Please kindly bear with me (sweating under my collar) as I will improve our internal reporting standards for clarity but in the mean time please don't umbrage.

theres a big PRC community in singapore.

could this also be a way for them to get the jab so they can go visit home?

ive heard some say that need to take it for recognition when go home... not sure correct or not. hear say only hor....

↡ Advertisement