Sinovac arrives in SG, selected clinics allowed to administer vaccine at a fee

Ender

Sinovac lai liao. I guess HSA will fast track approve them for use, no point keeping them in cold storage space. Just in in time for the general population starting in April. 

Keeping finger crossed not to get it.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/1-new-case-of-locally-transmitted-covid-19-infection-24-Feb-2021-Updated

Shipments of COVID-19 vaccines

8.       We received the first shipment of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine on 23 February 2021. Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine has not yet been authorised by the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) for use in Singapore. Sinovac has started submitting initial data, and HSA is currently awaiting Sinovac’s submission of all the necessary information in order to carry out a thorough scientific assessment of the manufacturing process, safety and efficacy of the vaccine under the Pandemic Special Access Route. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

9 hours ago, Ender said:

Sinovac lai liao. I guess HSA will fast track approve them for use, no point keeping them in cold storage space. Just in in time for the general population starting in April. 

Keeping finger crossed not to get it.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/1-new-case-of-locally-transmitted-covid-19-infection-24-Feb-2021-Updated

I have already got my Pfizer (both doses). 

I am persuading my aged parents to quickly get their vaccinations. 

We are all open to Moderna. 

But I'll tell you one thing. If it's for my wife and son (who would belong to the "general public") group, I will NOT be encouraging them to go with Sinovac if that's the only option remaining. 

I want to put this out there, because I know the gahmen has got their long feelers out everywhere, even (especially?) here in this forum. 

I hope Singaporeans get priority for the two main (mRNA) vaccines that have excellent efficacy data, one of which has already been administered to many Singaporeans. 

• Praise 8

5 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

But I'll tell you one thing. If it's for my wife and son (who would belong to the "general public") group, I will NOT be encouraging them to go with Sinovac if that's the only option remaining. 

I want to put this out there, because I know the gahmen has got their long feelers out everywhere, even (especially?) here in this forum. 

I hope Singaporeans get priority for the two main (mRNA) vaccines that have excellent efficacy data, one of which has already been administered to many Singaporeans. 

If there are two vaccine available, you never know which one will be given to you during the general public vaccination. Really based on heng sway de. So i guess all those who belong to the general public in the 2nd half of the year, there is high chance in getting Sinovac. [sweatdrop]

Faster apply now only get Pfizer - tried and tested by many old men already and given their two thumbs up.

And Moderna also good.

Now the other one still not approved yet so you won't get it unless you are too late.

:D

Edited by Jamesc

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If there are two vaccine available, you never know which one will be given to you during the general public vaccination. Really based on heng sway de. So i guess all those who belong to the general public in the 2nd half of the year, there is high chance in getting Sinovac. [sweatdrop]

At an absolute minimum, public members *have* to be told what vaccine formulation they are being scheduled for, in advance. 

• Praise 1

I think approval is a given since it's already here.  It would be amazing if it's not approved after importation. 

But I would be supportive of sinovac vaccination cos I heard it is safer.  Less effective, maybe, but unless you plan on travelling soon, I think its not a big issue.  I read it's about 50% effective which is the same effectiveness of the flu vaccine.

Disclaimer  I already had the pfizer jabs cos HCW had to go first. 

2 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

At an absolute minimum, public members *have* to be told what vaccine formulation they are being scheduled for, in advance. 

This, I have mixed feelings. But if I had to vote and not merely tcss here, I will agree with you.  At least give the member of public a choice. 

And if the choice selected has run out, then let the chips fall where they may.  Maybe the member of public will then cannot get vaccinated with all the infection risk that comes with it.  Of cos the member of public can change his mind, but that's his choice.

5 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I think approval is a given since it's already here.  It would be amazing if it's not approved after importation. 

But I would be supportive of sinovac vaccination cos I heard it is safer.  Less effective, maybe, but unless you plan on travelling soon, I think its not a big issue.  I read it's about 50% effective which is the same effectiveness of the flu vaccine.

Disclaimer  I already had the pfizer jabs cos HCW had to go first. 

Shipments of COVID-19 vaccines

8.       We received the first shipment of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine on 23 February 2021. Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine has not yet been authorised by the Health Sciences Authority (HSA) for use in Singapore. Sinovac has started submitting initial data, and HSA is currently awaiting Sinovac’s submission of all the necessary information in order to carry out a thorough scientific assessment of the manufacturing process, safety and efficacy of the vaccine under the Pandemic Special Access Route. 

9.       On 24 February, we also received another shipment of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine. We will continue to monitor our supplies closely to meet our target of vaccinating all Singaporeans and long-term residents in Singapore by end of 2021.

No need to fast track, no need to fast track.

Slowly test properly first.

If not sure then test again and again and again.

:D

It's a life and death matter so better not rush.

No one rushing anyone.

• Praise 2

29 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

This, I have mixed feelings. But if I had to vote and not merely tcss here, I will agree with you.  At least give the member of public a choice. 

And if the choice selected has run out, then let the chips fall where they may.  Maybe the member of public will then cannot get vaccinated with all the infection risk that comes with it.  Of cos the member of public can change his mind, but that's his choice.

Sounded like the "my body my choice".😄

A1EHx4FHFjL._AC_CLa_2140,2000_A1iGIDVataL.png_0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0_UY1000_.jpeg

Edited by Kopites

41 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

If really I am given sinovac, i will still jab. As the hokkien saying, "no fish, prawn also ok". Got some protection is still better than no protected. 

• Praise 1

13 minutes ago, Ender said:

If really I am given sinovac, i will still jab. As the hokkien saying, "no fish, prawn also ok". Got some protection is still better than no protected. 

My dad will  be laughing.  He only  want china vaccine. 😑

But he got alot of health issue. I dun know if he can tahan to even take any....

Edited by Beregond