Sinovac arrives in SG, selected clinics allowed to administer vaccine at a fee

Ender

Supercharged

Malaysia to begin administering Sinovac's COVID-19 vaccine on Thursday

Malaysia will begin to administer Sinovac's COVID-19 vaccine on Thursday (Mar 18), said science, technology and innovation minister Khairy Jamaluddin, adding that he will be the first recipient of the China-made vaccine in the country.

In a press conference on Monday, the minister said the vaccine would first be administered in his constituency of Rembau, Pahang.

Mr Khairy said Malaysia has received 100,000 doses of the Sinovac vaccine on Monday. Another 100,000 doses will be received on Mar 22.

Sinovac signed a deal with Malaysia's Pharmaniaga, which will carry out the fill-and-finish process for the vaccine's distribution in Malaysia, before later manufacturing it locally.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/malaysia-covid-19-sinovac-khairy-jamaluddin-14410430

↡ Advertisement

any death reported in China after millions vaccinated?

is khairy sweating now? or he take saline? :secret-laugh:

0A416189-7E44-4D23-A7CE-69B3FBF670F0.png

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged

China is opening up to travelers. Those with made in China vaccine can get thru faster.  [laugh]

China eases border restrictions for travellers who have taken its Covid-19 vaccines

China is easing border restrictions to allow travellers from the Philippines, Indonesia and elsewhere outside South-east Asia in again - provided they have taken Chinese-made Covid-19 vaccines.

"This has nothing to do with recognition of Chinese vaccines," Mr Zhao Lijian, a spokesman for China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, told reporters on Tuesday (March 16).  [crazy]

He said the new rules for foreigners who had been inoculated with any of the four China-produced vaccines "is based on the full consideration of these vaccines' medical safety and effectiveness".

In another word, China consider foreign made vaccines to be less effective loh....:we-all-gonna-die:

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/china-eases-border-restrictions-for-travellers-who-have-taken-its-vaccines

Many people who die of COVID-19 have the virus in their hearts

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/03/many-people-who-die-covid-19-have-virus-their-hearts

Three-quarters of people who died of COVID-19 harbored the SARS-CoV-2 virus in their hearts, according to the most detailed study of cardiac tissue to date. Those people were also more likely than patients without cardiac invasion to experience abnormal heart rhythms before they died. The study offers insight into how the disease may damage the heart—and how certain treatments may help. 

COVID-Cardiac-Inflammation_900p.jpg?itok

Small, dark purple spots show inflammatory cells invading the heart of a patient who died of COVID-19. JAMES STONE 

On 3/12/2021 at 7:09 PM, Kb27 said:

and you wonder why HSA seems to be taking a long time to approve sinovac

Please don't say they seems to be taking a long time.

We don't want to put any pressure on them

and make them rush.

They should take their time and do a good job.

Good work takes time.

:grin:

• Praise 3

I don't want to choose which vaccine I get.

I only want to choose which centre I go to

and I only want to go to the centre with the M one.

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

Please don't say they seems to be taking a long time.

We don't want to put any pressure on them

and make them rush.

They should take their time and do a good job.

Good work takes time.

I'm guessing, HSA may not want to approve sinovac with its low 50% efficacy rate, when there are many other "superior" vaccines available like AstraZeneca, J&J and even Sputnik.

But it will be political pressure, if they just publicly denounce it. Unless they are already offering to other 3rd world countries the whole lot foc, then put a positive spin on it. How about donate to COVAX, but do they want ? [:p]

Or simply approve sinovac, but it'll difficult to persuade those who already know the efficacy and not to choose this.

• Praise 1

25 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

I'm guessing, HSA may not want to approve sinovac with its low 50% efficacy rate, when there are many other "superior" vaccines available like AstraZeneca, J&J and even Sputnik.

But it will be political pressure, if they just publicly denounce it. Unless they are already offering to other 3rd world countries the whole lot foc, then put a positive spin on it. How about donate to COVAX, but do they want ? [:p]

Or simply approve sinovac, but it'll difficult to persuade those who already know the efficacy and not to choose this.

If really really really need to approve then have one vaccination centre 

at the Infectious Diseases Centre and have this nurse on standby.

image.png.f8b4418c0df257bc28a1a75a14fd2eb3.png

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
33 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

sinovac halal? [laugh]

Outstanding.  :a-dothewave:  I think his mandarin better than some of our ministars. 

Im sure gov is equally worried of the efficacy leading to false sense of security also. They way I see it, best is take sinovac AND J&J jab for better coverage hehe....

1 hour ago, Kb27 said:

If it really 50%... but no adverse effect. 

Approve.. put in reserve.. eventually expire... problem solved. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1