Sinovac arrives in SG, selected clinics allowed to administer vaccine at a fee

Ender

12 hours ago, happy_man said:

Thanks for sharing.  I am afraid for those who are already fully vaccinated with mRNA, MOH will not allow "booster" with any approved non-RNA.

I know those who had Sinovac received MOH  notification  "strongly" urging them to that m-RNA for 3rd jab.

From what I had gathered, those on Sinovac already made up their mind long ago...and won't even dare go near m-RNA...😝

next year when i need to take booster for pizer.

my best guess is i will go book 3 dose of sinoharm to have the fully vacc cert.

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

For Sinovac, 1st and 2nd Jab has 4 weeks interval. 

3rd jab will be 4 months after that.

It is likely a booster 6 months after that.

========================================

For mRNA, 1st and 2nd jab has 2 weeks interval.

Booster will be 6 months after that.

========================================

Same same??

Booster in 6 months' time is what "expert" say one... Experts with research grant from pharma companies. Up to us to believe or not [laugh] 

Is like those research papers on tongkat ali boosting testosterone lah, you see those researchers either receive grant from tongkat ali pill manufacturer or in their employ.

Back to covid, the best is to check antibody level - which may differ from individual to individual.

Or based on individual risk profile, decide for ownself whether the interval should be 1 year (more reasonable, IMHO, like a flu vaccine), or perhaps even longer or not at all - the covid virus might become more benign by then.

What I am saying is that all these figures are spouted by someone and the veracity is never 100%.

I am not averse to mRNA vaccine and in fact, chose it over those traditional vacc; however, i believe the risk is there and why take further risk if not necessary? "Chose" is a wrong word on second thought, because i got the vacc quite early on when the adverse side effects were not yet widespread news... more like, take the jab blindly [laugh] and turned out ok.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Haha! 1

28 minutes ago, Beregond said:

next year when i need to take booster for pizer.

my best guess is i will go book 3 dose of sinoharm to have the fully vacc cert.

u have had 2 doses of pfizer yet? then that would be a full vaccination course.

Why would u do sinopharm then?

Edited by Lala81

7 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

u have had 2 doses of pfizer yet? then that would be a full vaccination course.

Why would u do sinopharm then?

because when my window for booster open in 4 mth time. if i didnt take another mrna booster.

my fully vaxx cert will be cancel?

7 minutes ago, Beregond said:

because when my window for booster open in 4 mth time. if i didnt take another mrna booster.

my fully vaxx cert will be cancel?

As of now, not a concern for MRNA based ones. I don't think the govt will push that hard on boosters for those who did MRNA based vaccines.
There are lot of people going around without boosters.

Serological evidence has shown that taking inactivated (sinovac or sinopharm) vaccine boosters post MRNA based vaccine does nothing antibody wise.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 4

7 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

As of now, not a concern for MRNA based ones. I don't think the govt will push that hard on boosters for those who did MRNA based vaccines.
There are lot of people going around without boosters.

Serological evidence has shown that taking inactivated (sinovac or sinopharm) vaccine boosters post MRNA based vaccine does nothing antibody wise.

but my top choice is still novavax

just that dun know if got enough time to see how good it work and if any side effect 

2 minutes ago, Beregond said:

just that dun know if got enough time to see how good it work and if any side effect 

novavax... wait until neck long long liao. [laugh]

• Haha! 2

35 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Booster in 6 months' time is what "expert" say one... Experts with research grant from pharma companies. Up to us to believe or not [laugh] 

Is like those research papers on tongkat ali boosting testosterone lah, you see those researchers either receive grant from tongkat ali pill manufacturer or in their employ.

Back to covid, the best is to check antibody level - which may differ from individual to individual.

Or based on individual risk profile, decide for ownself whether the interval should be 1 year (more reasonable, IMHO, like a flu vaccine), or perhaps even longer or not at all - the covid virus might become more benign by then.

What I am saying is that all these figures are spouted by someone and the veracity is never 100%.

I am not averse to mRNA vaccine and in fact, chose it over those traditional vacc; however, i believe the risk is there and why take further risk if not necessary? "Chose" is a wrong word on second thought, because i got the vacc quite early on when the adverse side effects were not yet widespread news... more like, take the jab blindly [laugh] and turned out ok.

Just like you, I took it once it is available for my age group.

I had done cpass test. I can hold on till the 11th month before taking booster.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, Lala81 said:

novavax... wait until neck long long liao. [laugh]

The way i feel is. Even if gov dun force us to take booster.

After 5 months when our 2 mrna become ineffective. 

We ownself need to do something about it. Dun say our status still full vax. Then bo chap .

For our own sake and family members  sake.

Just now, Beregond said:

We ownself need to do something about it. Dun say our status still full vax. Then bo chap .For our own sake and family members  sake.

You must be really ole for it to be ineffective after 5 months 

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 1

24 minutes ago, Beregond said:

We ownself need to do something about it. Dun say our status still full vax. Then bo chap .

For our own sake and family members  sake.

hmmm like what inlinesix said, the younger you are, the stronger your antibody level will be even with no boosters

If u are >50 and not good health, then maybe the boosters more important. Or if u are in close contact with covid virtually daily like me, then yeah.
If u work in areas whereby interaction with large numbers of people or take care of kids etc, then yeah sensible to be boosted.

Personally I don't really care if my wife/siblings/BIL/SIL etc take the booster. But all the old folks 100% boosted up.
Of course this doesnt apply to sinovac as primary vaccine. I would definitely boost in that scenario.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

42 minutes ago, Beregond said:

novavax so tok kong meh? how come huh?

The rate the virus is mutating…

the vaxc shots are good for that viral version and similar mutations.

from hulk to abomination is a whole other story.

if still don’t understand….bo Bian Liao. Do the best only Lor, for some sticker boost 5 hp Jin happy liaole.

10 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

novavax so tok kong meh? how come huh?

no expert. but alot of hype on it.

its different from sinovac/sinoharm or pizer ( mrna ) type of vaccine.

the best case scenario is novavax  type of vaccine can beat cov19 once and for all.

Edited by Beregond

2 minutes ago, Beregond said:

no expert. but alot of hype on it.

its different from sinovac/sinoharm or pizer ( mrna ) type of vaccine.

the best case scenario is novavax  type of vaccine can beat cov19 once and for all.

hmm i don't think its that miracle.

MRNA based vaccines are still the best.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged

3 Sinovac doses fail to protect against Omicron in study

Two doses and a booster of the Covid-19 vaccine made by China's Sinovac Biotech, one of the most widely used in the world, did not produce sufficient levels of neutralising antibodies to protect against the Omicron variant, a laboratory study has found.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/3-sinovac-doses-fail-to-protect-against-omicron-in-study

"HOW DARE YOU??!! THAT'S SACRILEGE!!"  😁

95253510-de3b-11e9-94c8-f27aa1da2f45_ima

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1