Woman paid $2500 for water heater, PUB investigating

yishunite

got to account for the job hazards also lah

got 1 time changing flush ...a lizard jumped out from the gap between the water tank and wall

may die of heart attack

😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5

Toilet must have tool is a wrench, no need too big. Mr DIY or hardware shop will have, very cheap tool. Anything you cannot unscrew, just use this. Dunno how to use, go watch youtube.

350140_10_.jpg

I wonder the single mother chio or not? I would have done it for makan or for free. LoL...

Edited by Watwheels
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, yishunite said:

Actually $200 isn't the issue... being overcharge for simple job is. But ya so many ppl scared to ownself do anything so these guys have no incentive to play for us cheapskate who can actually do 99% of the task ourself

Hard to take picture coz I had to remove entire tank to get to the cap (and now put everything back when I realise I cannot loosen it myself) but I think @Kb27 strap wrench will do it. Thanks!!!

Not surprise to find plumber to charge $150 or even $200 plus for a simply plumbing job. I think the bulk charges come from labour fees. The parts itself is cheap but they always overcharge them.

40 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Thanks for this info! Have a leaky toilet pipe for the past few weeks. Gonna try the number listed on my town council's website.

Please update FR here if they are good and price reasonable. [:p]

• Praise 1

54 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Thanks for this info! Have a leaky toilet pipe for the past few weeks. Gonna try the number listed on my town council's website.

You got to try this :

• Praise 4

34 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Please update FR here if they are good and price reasonable. [:p]

It doesn't matter. Cos they mostly do for that particular town council one.

10 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Wa, so amazing siah. :blink:

Pretty much a temporary repair like we used to do in the Navy during Damage Control drills or when out at sea. We would slap on an epoxy resin, then use 3M rubberised tape to wrap the leaky pipe. Now they developed this new tape that does the work we used to do.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, yishunite said:

Actually my plumber almost touching 70 with my family for over 15 years also told me that he cannot issue his job invoice as he also is not certified/licensed but can issue invoice of only delivery of parts on Invoice; usually charges me about $50-$60 and parts will be seperate depending on the item ; stop cock, or faucet or toilet bowl flushing system or even heater also; He  told me if is licensed one will be easily $120++ for just repairing or service fee     

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Wow. This guy really overcharge dao siao.

This is just a joven 30L water heater. $250-300+ dollars at most.
Even if u come in install frame etc etc etc, usually only 80-100+ extra.
WTH.

My friend installed 5 water heaters in his landed concealed, also cheaper than this.

I use the same Joven heater. When I replaced it (with same exact model) 2 years ago, I bought it (cash and carry) from Jalan Besar shop at $250.

Got installer to come down same day to re-install. Piping and wiring and even the ceiling mounting rings can re-use, just need to dis-connect and re-connect. Total $100 labour, 1+ hour job.

In the pictures show for this case, it seems like the installer did not even install the included pressure-blow-off valve at the lower water outlet which is bad installation.

• Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Pretty much a temporary repair like we used to do in the Navy during Damage Control drills or when out at sea. We would slap on an epoxy resin, then use 3M rubberised tape to wrap the leaky pipe. Now they developed this new tape that does the work we used to do.

haha maybe titanic wouldnt have sank with such tape? [laugh]

• Haha! 4

32 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

You got to try this :

Bought into this ko-yok. Does not work on my kitchen copper pipe even though I wrapped several layers. No choice called plumber to replace with stainless steel pipes. Problem solved.

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 3
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

next time i will PM you when i need help. I will buy you kopi.  🤣

Don’t pm lah

just post here so everyone can contribute and learn

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

19 minutes ago, Kranjipioneer said:

Bought into this ko-yok. Does not work on my kitchen copper pipe even though I wrapped several layers. No choice called plumber to replace with stainless steel pipes. Problem solved.

Thanks for the review...so it works on plastic and/or glass only? 

24 minutes ago, Kranjipioneer said:

Doesnt work? But it advertises until it will work on any surface and leak? 😅

↡ Advertisement