Woman paid $2500 for water heater, PUB investigating

yishunite

When my first Joven JH25 broke down after many years. I called Joven. I was referred to a contractor who had been dealing with Joven heaters. Same model replacement with labour was about $380.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

18 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

I tink I'm right to say aren't we all Kings...we are our own right hand men, if not we're left with the left to do the handy job 😁

古人 last time already said 靠人不如靠己 :grin:

462D5D9C-2C6B-456E-99D5-78CE1EC8DD6D.jpeg

靠南不如靠北 :XD:

Edited by Mustank
  • Haha! 3

2 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

When my first Joven JH25 broke down after many years. I called Joven. I was referred to a contractor who had been dealing with Joven heaters. Same model replacement with labour was about $380.

Best is gas heater

becuase gas is so dangerous that pub is regulating who can supply and install gas heaters so end up the prices for the heaters and installation fees are tightly regulated 

Heng last time I believe the govt install gas heater. For 20 over years only paid less than $500 for one replacement, installation and various small repairs. ( i didn’t diy this one)

• Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Wind30 said:

I got charged $400 for clearing a choke in my toilet floor trap.... 

That guy brought in high pressure jet, some stuff...

Many years ago, my bath room was flooded. It was near to new year. I couldn't clear it myself. I called hdb and referred to a handyman. Over the phone, he asked for $20 and I agreed. The man came with a flat toilet pump (not the bowl-shaped one). He went in and gave a few hard shoves down the pipe and the problems was solved. It was an easy job!

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Toilet must have tool is a wrench, no need too big. Mr DIY or hardware shop will have, very cheap tool. Anything you cannot unscrew, just use this. Dunno how to use, go watch youtube.

Spoiler

350140_10_.jpg

I wonder the single mother chio or not? I would have done it for makan or for free. LoL...

You 'makan' her huh? :grin:

3 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Best is gas heater

becuase gas is so dangerous that pub is regulating who can supply and install gas heaters so end up the prices for the heaters and installation fees are tightly regulated 

Heng last time I believe the govt install gas heater. For 20 over years only paid less than $500 for one replacement, installation and various small repairs. ( i didn’t diy this one)

Hahaham for once kia si also!:omg:

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
9 minutes ago, Mustank said:

古人 last time already said 靠人不如靠己 :grin:

462D5D9C-2C6B-456E-99D5-78CE1EC8DD6D.jpeg

靠南不如靠北 :XD:

弟靠自己打,才有飞机;  [laugh]

• Haha! 3

Supercharged
15 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

CASE say Singapore practice free pricing? 

what is the point of having CASE? create employment? 

Maybe WP can also look into CASE president celery; whether full time or not.  [lipsrsealed]

Supercharged
33 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

I tink I'm right to say aren't we all Kings...we are our own right hand men, if not we're left with the left to do the handy job 😁

I think my boss also King, but mouth king. Do this, do that, show me this, show me that, why like this, why like that. 🙄

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
23 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Best is gas heater

Btw, most Taiwan water heaters are gas. They're mounted on the exterior wall or balconies for safety reasons. Although running cost is lower, the water is either burning hot or ice cold. No luke warm. :scared:

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Didu said:

Btw, most Taiwan water heaters are gas. They're mounted on the exterior wall or balconies for safety reasons. Although running cost is lower, the water is either burning hot or ice cold. No luke warm. :scared:

With our gas heater can set temp. I set 47°C just nice

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

$400 is high even with machine. Standard market rate is $150 to $200 for bring in the machine to clear. unless need to cut ceiling, walls and other works. 

I think any plumbing job is $100-$150 just to come down. 

he could not fix it and ask if I want to get machine. My case is complicated as we filled up a water trap and build a study over it when my contractor Reno our place 10 years back. 

I wasn’t at home though. It did fix the slow water flow which we had endured for years. 

Wonder how long it will last... if it last for years, I consider it $400 well spent. If the problems comes back....

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1