39 year old SAF regular dies after PT

Atonchia

21 minutes ago, Enye said:

wah jin scary

maybe one day will drop dead running

😱😓

Can drop dead anywhere lah. Working alone in office at night (HSK was dead lucky he happened to collapse during a cabinet meeting).
I've had someone drop dead just before he supposed to see me. 

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 6

40 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Not really. People who spend the most time doing physical exercise are generally the least likely to have cardiovascular events.
In terms of amateur sports/recreational training context, i don't think u are anywhere close to the volume/amount that elite professional athletes train. 

It's really highly unlikely that anyone over-trains at our level. 

There is still need for strenuous exercise. Not just moderate exercise. 

Problem is work is getting sedentary this days ( though mental stress work is also non ending  and rat race ..... living with the Jones and Joneses ) I know of a friend ( hardly 35 years old  ) jogging  at his condo near Bedok Reservoir and about 10-15 mins into jogging collapsed and never made it to CGH which is likely 10 -15 mins away and a doctor jogger was there to aid him too .... happened just about 4 months back 

• Praise 1
  • Sad 2

49 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Can drop dead anywhere lah. Working alone in office at night (HSK was dead lucky he happened to collapse during a cabinet meeting).
I've had someone drop dead just before he supposed to see me. 

Best is still to call it a day while on a massage bed.... 

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Yeah. Don't chiong! I already have quite a few friends gone after/during jogging/cycling.

Much better to go while coming on the bed than grimacing at the track..

For those who haven't, do consider making your will early. A simple will is only less than $500. Of course if you have billions to bequeath, the lawyer will not charge you $500...

10 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

For those who haven't, do consider making your will early. A simple will is only less than $500. Of course if you have billions to bequeath, the lawyer will not charge you $500...

CPF nomination is important. 

4 hours ago, BanCoe said:

go polyklinik , get docs letter to go NHC and get the threadmill stress test  or those CT or MPI test done.... the docs there will access what are your expectations or endurance level, family history, lifestyle and do the necessary ........... costs range from about $400 to about $800 depending on the type of test they sent you for ; I've done all the 3 over a period of about 12 years gives you a sense of Assurance (if all is negative and no abnormalities)  but not a Guarantee though  

Yeah, those above 50 years better get it done...

Just had a heart attacked 2 months ago. No symptom just felt heart pulling and cannot breathe properly. Quickly asked my wife to send me to hospital A n E and collapsed upon reaching there. Hearth stopped for 1 min and thank God they managed to revived me.😰

Had a Stent on one artery which was 100% blocked. 

Now every day is a bonus to me...🙏🙏🙏

• Praise 16
  • Shocked 11

6 minutes ago, Hoseyboh said:

Just had a heart attacked 2 months ago. No symptom just felt heart pulling and cannot breathe properly. Quickly asked my wife to send me to hospital A n E and collapsed upon reaching there. Hearth stopped for 1 min and thank God they managed to revived me.😰

Now we can really ask u

@Hoseyboh

take care dude

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

7 minutes ago, Hoseyboh said:

Ironically not so Hosey anymore. Take care, man.

• Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, Hoseyboh said:

wah... take care boss

and welcome back 

😓🙏

• Praise 2

30 minutes ago, Hoseyboh said:

Take care.

• Praise 2

33 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Take care.

You shd be ok tho

only  gd go young😂😂

ur cpf enuf bo🤔

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Hoseyboh said:

Glad you reached the hospital in time and recovering now. 

To the others, I suggest that you call the ambulance rather than going to the hospital yourself. If anything happens along the road, the ambulance staff can sustain you till you reach the hospital. 

Silly me drove my father to the hospital when he suffered from the onset of a stroke and I thought i can get him there faster than waiting for the ambulance. Luckily he recovered. But don't make the same mistake as me. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8