39 year old SAF regular dies after PT

Atonchia

Supersonic
49 minutes ago, Alau3978 said:

Yeah, I agree with you. Since COVID-19 started, I have yet to attend any buffet. Nowadays, my wife is also health conscious and most of the time she cook simple meals. Once awhile, I still take char kway teow and curry chicken.

Being health conscious and eating simple meals also doesnt mean no sudden stroke and heart attack. Lol. So many times also dont know should be health conscious or no need health conscious?

↡ Advertisement

Was 48 wen underwent bypass surgery at heart ctr. Discovered had gene defect. Dun take tings for granted. Can look fit n lead active lifestyle... but hidden dangers lurk. For safety 1st... get referal to nhc n do watever tests recommended. Even private hospital patients refered to nhc but hv to pay private rate. 

I din hv to take out any cash... all tru medisave..medishield n insurance.

God n wifey gave me strength to go tru n overcome it. Dun go till too late.jus recently lost 1 cousin tru heart attack in sleep n 1 close uncle.. who wen for treatment wen too late. 

All bros n sis.... tink of our loved ones n wif medication n treatment.. can lead a normal life... spore has 1st class nhc.. can buy expensive tyres/rims.. buy rolex.. holidays but   dun wan spend on tests till too late...  im living proof of how i got a 2nd chance in life.. 

• Praise 10

5 hours ago, Alau3978 said:

Some simple health tips sharing. Do not eat heavy meal before going to bed. I have 2 colleague who die of heart attack after attending the company buffet dinner. 1 was only 40 yrs old and the other was 60 yrs old. According to my Chinese sinseh, try to avoid taking mutton soup/kambing soup and also duck meats. Reason is the oil/lard will stay in your body for a long time. I remember reading a US journal, urging senior adults to take a Cardiprin tablet a day. Cardiprin 100 is an aspirin. You can purchase it off the rack at the local Unity or Watson pharmacy. Cost is around $9 for a month supply. The function of the aspirin is to act as a blood thinner and can help to prevent strokes. Just don’t take it on an empty stomach. Just my 2 cents of knowledge.

There's risk benefit ratio of taking aspirin. Please don't anyhow take aspirin for no reason. 

You can end up with gastric ulcer or gastric bleeding or even worse brain bleeds... 

• Praise 6
  • Shocked 1

(edited)
9 hours ago, Freeder said:

Started taking fish oil .. Tia gong can enlarge the arteries & good for HBP people like me🙏🏻🙇‍♀..

So far can’t feel the enlargement yet..

Your tia gong understanding is wrong. 

There is some benefit to fish oil. But it's overstated to the general public. Its bit complicated. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Your tia gong understanding is wrong. 

There is some benefit to fish oil. But it's overstated to the general public. Its bit complicated. 

It is true fish oil is beneficial for heart and eyes?

(edited)
20 minutes ago, 13177 said:

It is true fish oil is beneficial for heart and eyes?

From my layman perspective. Not clear cut.

If you already have heart disease. Higher doses have some benefit. 

If you can, just try to eat the fish itself. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3

8 hours ago, Alau3978 said:

Some simple health tips sharing. Do not eat heavy meal before going to bed. I have 2 colleague who die of heart attack after attending the company buffet dinner. 1 was only 40 yrs old and the other was 60 yrs old. According to my Chinese sinseh, try to avoid taking mutton soup/kambing soup and also duck meats. 

Lucky I don't like duck and mutton! 

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic

I carry 4 tabs of Aspirin for my run. In case of any strange feeling in the chest, I will take 3 to 4 tabs. 

Two years on, still haven't used them yet. I think they have passed expiry date.😅. Am I abit too kia si?

• Haha! 2

12 hours ago, Freeder said:

Started taking fish oil .. Tia gong can enlarge the arteries & good for HBP people like me🙏🏻🙇‍♀..

So far can’t feel the enlargement yet..

Exercise a lot to increase HDL.

Can skip fish oil

• Praise 2

Hypersonic
8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Exercise a lot to increase HDL.

Can skip fish oil

Fish oil is for essential fatty oil, especially for the omega 3. 

Supersonic
2 hours ago, Ender said:

I carry 4 tabs of Aspirin for my run. In case of any strange feeling in the chest, I will take 3 to 4 tabs. 

Two years on, still haven't used them yet. I think they have passed expiry date.😅. Am I abit too kia si?

Sometimes if it really happens, it will happen lo, cannot prevent also. 😅

Supersonic
6 hours ago, Lala81 said:

There's risk benefit ratio of taking aspirin. Please don't anyhow take aspirin for no reason. 

You can end up with gastric ulcer or gastric bleeding or even worse brain bleeds... 

My polyclinic doctors prescribed me cardiprin. I've been taking it for a long time already.

They are treating me for diabetes and hbp, cholesterol. But I don't run, didn't dropped dead, so I dunno. [laugh]

7 hours ago, Kb27 said:

My polyclinic doctors prescribed me cardiprin. I've been taking it for a long time already.

They are treating me for diabetes and hbp, cholesterol. But I don't run, didn't dropped dead, so I dunno. [laugh]

Diabetes is the worst of the metabolic syndrome diseases. So not uncommon for older diabetes patient to be on aspirin. There's some pathways that the poly doctors will follow. 

Supersonic
8 hours ago, Kb27 said:

Sometimes even you dont run, maybe still might dropped dead suddenly de. [sweatdrop] Chances of dropping dead still can happen to anyone, any age and anytime.

16 hours ago, Ender said:

Carry aspirin for your run? Scary.

Try to do a proper warm up and warm down. Start at a very very slow pace. Pick up pace only when you can feel your body (lung /oxygen/ heart beat ) adapted to the running pace.

So often you see / hear people gasping for air as you run passed them.  Don't do it...slow down instead. 

We aren't young anymore.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1