COE Bidding – March 2021

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

these days , some PIs like this are more committed than ADs when bidding COEs.  

actually depend on the AD size, big player like C&C, PML, Borneo, I never hear fail bid from them before. 

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

COE price regardless  up or not, there is always a fixed amount of COE available, so there is always the same amount of people will be taking public transport, just matter of who will drive and who will take public transport. I am already taking public transport. 🤣

COE can be fixed , but new RICH immigrants up not fixed! so not the same amount of people overtime 

Edited by D3badge

17 hours ago, james1055 said:

It's really make no sense in this pandemic still the COE continue to rise, it really puzzle me. Even people are rich, they also should not push up the price lah. Who gains from this?

you forgot last year after march you buy stocks in april easily 50% return by dec many new economy stocks give you more than 100% return from April to Dec! even units trusts like blackrock new generation also give you more than 100%! unit trusts leh! 

• Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, D3badge said:

actually depend on the AD size, big player like C&C, PML, Borneo, I never hear fail bid from them before. 

There was once BM was the scum of the earth when it failed to honour deals when COE rose very quickly and asked many loyalists to topup else refund their deposits. Those long enough here had fun watching BM eating humble pies. Never say never haha.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Ct3833 said:

COE price regardless  up or not, there is always a fixed amount of COE available, so there is always the same amount of people will be taking public transport, just matter of who will drive and who will take public transport. I am already taking public transport. 🤣

You parked your cars at home and take public transport? Or you sold off your car liao?

10 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

another rich man's PI spotted.

My PI Prime is a humble one but its boss always got interviewed after COE exercises haha. I finding it more and more make sense as it carry many popular models from many popular car brands within its big showroom so I can drop by in my shorts and sandals to look see look see if I am intrigued by certain models and nobody will throw me dirty looks haha. And I no need to cultivate relationship with SEs from other makes, just one. Though I only buying cheaper models, at least I am giving them business so ok lah.

Truth be told right now I still do not have complete confidence in PI as a industry, so if the car i want is available only from PIs, I will still buy from them even if they charging a few ks higher as no confidence in the rest. But with guanxi, can negotiate one lah so about same price eventually haha.

• Praise 5

9 hours ago, Heartlander said:

My PI Prime is a humble one but its boss always got interviewed after COE exercises haha. I finding it more and more make sense as it carry many popular models from many popular car brands within its big showroom so I can drop by in my shorts and sandals to look see look see if I am intrigued by certain models and nobody will throw me dirty looks haha. And I no need to cultivate relationship with SEs from other makes, just one. Though I only buying cheaper models, at least I am giving them business so ok lah.

Truth be told right now I still do not have complete confidence in PI as a industry, so if the car i want is available only from PIs, I will still buy from them even if they charging a few ks higher as no confidence in the rest. But with guanxi, can negotiate one lah so about same price eventually haha.

Last sentence very confusing! You dun mind ok to part a few thousands with this PI but will use 关系 say bro I dun mind let you earn extra  but like that you no brother to me yeah ? 😬😂😂😂

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, D3badge said:

So Kah Motor, TEK and KMC all got hear fail bid cause they are smaller? The latter is most infamous for their lockdown letdown =D

1 hour ago, D3badge said:

Last sentence very confusing! You dun mind ok to part a few thousands with this PI but will use 关系 say bro I dun mind let you earn extra  but like that you no brother to me yeah ? 😬😂😂😂

Where got complicated. To put simply, how much the final sale price is dependent on your bargaining power, period. If you  the thin-skin type, you tend to accept whatever price the SE offer you. But if you good in bargaining and bargain intelligently, you can easily cut a few Ks here and there, and the SE will be more wiling to oblige you if you have sort of guanxi with him. He will also petition to his boss more willingly as you have provided him business before so now maybe earn less but still earn lah. But if eventually the boss say no, I will still accept the deal as have tried my best so no regret. But with the guanxi in place, most likely the SE/boss will say yes lah the most is sort of compromise meeting half-way. I not greedy as must have the best deal in the industry, just about there can already haha. Bo pian you want a reliable PI for smooth buying process, you have to get ready to pay more.

12 hours ago, 13177 said:

You parked your cars at home and take public transport? Or you sold off your car liao?

Dont go office often, when go drinking - Bus, Mrt  , Walk, ..Grab, Taxi. People said BMW GT😀

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
On 3/18/2021 at 8:01 AM, Ginyu said:

COE must keep going up so that more will eventually give  it up and take the  public transport 🤣

Not totally true. They want you to continue to own a car. Else who is going to contribute to ARF, customs duties and GST. It is a substantial amount of revenue. What they want to restrict and charge is the usage. 

• Praise 2

23 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Not totally true. They want you to continue to own a car. Else who is going to contribute to ARF, customs duties and GST. It is a substantial amount of revenue. What they want to restrict and charge is the usage. 

agree. they also have to make sure there is enough people to own cars so that  there would be traffic jam, otherwise they cannot charge ERP.  not an easy job lah.  Transport minister is a thankless job, it is why no MCFers wants to be one. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, camrysfe said:

Cnc lost a lot of business to pi merc 

True, PI is selling so many different models of merc as compared to C&C.

2 hours ago, camrysfe said:

Cnc lost a lot of business to pi merc 

Haha depends on how you see it. PI sell 2 cars but CnC sells 1. But CnC margin 2x of PI or maybe even higher. So in the end no difference. CnC owners will go back to AD for servicing, that is where they earn the most.