Rain & thunder returning to S'pore in Mar. 2021 after extremely dry Feb.

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

rain-singapore-1.jpg

Singapore's rather dry and fair weather, which spanned most of February, looks to be coming to an end.

The Meteorological Service Singapore (MSS) said on Monday (Mar. 1) that March will see the return of thundery showers for Singapore.

tenor.gif?itemid=15791818

First few days going to be fair and occasionally windy

According to MSS, generally fair and occasionally windy conditions are expected for the first few days of March.

In the second week, however, short-duration thundery showers are expected over parts of the island in the afternoon on most days.

On a few of these days, heavy thundery showers can be expected, as there is a convergence of winds over Singapore and the surrounding area.

Overall, the rainfall for the first two weeks of March is forecast to be around normal for most parts of the island.

Although rain and showers are expected, the daily temperatures still could reach a high of around 34°C on a few days.

Most days, though, the daily temperature is forecast to range between 24°C and 33°C.

tenor.gif?itemid=16202195

February particularly dry & windy

February 2021 was particularly dry and windy, compared to other Februaries.

According to MSS, the total rainfall recorded in February 2021 at the Changi climate station was 1mm. The long-term average for February is 112.8mm.

This ranks February as the second driest February since rainfall records in Singapore began in 1869.

The dry weather also resulted in the lowest average daily relative humidity — 73.8 per cent — recorded in Singapore since 1984, when continuous humidity records began.

February 2021 was also the second windiest February since continuous wind records commenced in 1984, with an average daily wind speed of 13.1 km/h recorded at the Changi climate station.

source: https://mothership.sg/2021/03/sg-weather-mar-2021/

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Haha! 3

Hypersonic
36 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Rain and thunder coming back? Most happy should be @Tohto 😁

Max temperature still 34deg, so other than during the rain. Will still be hot.

Temperature here just not suitable for me to live.

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
19 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Max temperature still 34deg, so other than during the rain. Will still be hot.

Temperature here just not suitable for me to live.

Sg temperature default is always like 34 deg most of the time, you still cannot get used to it since you have been staying here for dont know how many decade liao?! [laugh] Actually hot temperature still manageable, cause can on aircon or hide inside aircon places lo.

• Haha! 1

It would be good if it's more cooling. I can't believe that we were struggling with strong winds at 26 deg just only 2-3 wk ago - when we had to close windows and doors as it was 'freezing' - and then on Mon it was suddenly 33 deg and we had to use the aircon...

how come can change so drastically one? 

and worse, last night got burning smell, which i understand is from myanmar/cambodia/vietnam where there are lots of hot spots now...

so hor, we might not be desperately in need of rain here. Can the thundery showers pls go north to help put out the hot spots there... 

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
7 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Shut window? I open bg big to welcome the cool air sia. 

During that period of strong winds, i dare not open my main door, but my neighbour next door open their door big big siah. Lol.

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
43 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Where got cool air, now even wind blow in is hot.

For me since late last week, default aircon on for living room after 12pm since I WFH.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

That was 2-3 wk ago. Sleeping time closed till left small gap for ventilation niah... everyone in the family unanimously said must close... 

either you body super cold-tolerant, or we super non-cold-tolerant 🤣

• Haha! 1

38 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Where got cool air, now even wind blow in is hot.

For me since late last week, default aircon on for living room after 12pm since I WFH.

wah... like this electricity surely chor... i try not to on. But on Mon got on a while...

• Haha! 3

5 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

tenor.gif?itemid=15791818

February particularly dry & windy

February 2021 was particularly dry and windy, compared to other Februaries.

is that @Tianmo ??

• Haha! 6

Hypersonic
37 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

That was 2-3 wk ago. Sleeping time closed till left small gap for ventilation niah... everyone in the family unanimously said must close... 

either you body super cold-tolerant, or we super non-cold-tolerant 🤣

I no scare cold, scare hot.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

30 minutes ago, Tohto said:

I no scare cold, scare hot.

Same here. I am melting in this super hot weather in the last 1, 2 weeks. Can't wait for the rain to come again. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, badlammy said:

But...we all know that weather forecasters are one of the worst in their jobs. 😂

If they can be weathermen. they can be economists!  Or is it the other way round?

↡ Advertisement