Rain & thunder returning to S'pore in Mar. 2021 after extremely dry Feb.

kobayashiGT

18 hours ago, Tohto said:

I am more of an outdoor person. I don't really like visiting the mall. Visiting the mall to cool down is not really an option for me.

WFH needs to ON Aircon also increase electric bill.

At overseas during the cold season, spend time walking outside won't feel as tired compared to walking at hot temperature.

If you get the right material and attire during the cold weather, actually no need to wear many layers like many are doing.

Work at home in the aircon cheaper than go and come back office 

one aircon say 1kwh. Say means 20c per hour. Say on 10 hours. Is $2

take mrt go office come back smelly smelly also  $3+

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

41 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

where is the rain and thunder?

When big rain, prepare for hot and dry days

when hot and dry days, prepare for floods

622CFE3E-70CF-4970-B53A-90EDEF1DD084.gif

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic

Just finish my run. Weather is so warm even though the PCM mostly under shed. Like running in a sauna.

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Met Dept says March and didn't says which date..... [sly]

31st March can or not ... :ph34r:

Stilll in March ... :secret-laugh:

Met Dept need what deg to work there from local U?

Should ask my daughter to apply since she is applying for U. Everyday weather forecast wrong also no need to hold responsibility. Good job.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

2 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Should ask my daughter to apply since she is applying for U. Everyday weather forecast wrong also no need to hold responsibility. Good job.

Internet Info.

Meteorologist - Forecast Operations Department   ( NEA )
Degree in Physics, Mathematics or Meteorology

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Kklee said:

Internet Info.

Meteorologist - Forecast Operations Department   ( NEA )
Degree in Physics, Mathematics or Meteorology

A man of science 

Turbocharged
11 hours ago, Tohto said:

Stock mkt ANALyst oso no need hold responsibility leh.. buy call sell call..

like bro @Jamesc will say.. Buy Buy Bye Bye🤣

• Haha! 4

Supersonic
On 3/3/2021 at 5:16 PM, Jman888 said:

where is the rain and thunder?

Today during lunch time, suddenly saw sky got dark clouds, thought will rain but until now still no see any rain? 😅

NEA record is damn funny...

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/december-weather-second-half-less-wet-met-service-13777228

Tell us less wet second half december...

But then end up wettest Dec in 10 years

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/sweater-weather-to-carry-on-in-singapore-in-january

"The weather in December was cold and wet largely due to north-east monsoon conditions, an effect amplified by "strong solar heating of land areas coupled with convergence of winds in the surrounding region", the MSS said.

Most parts of the island saw more than usual rainfall in December, with Pasir Ris recording 51 per cent above the average amount.

At the climate station in Changi, the monthly total rainfall of 421.5mm for December (as of Monday) surpassed the 371.2mm recorded in 2017 to make December the wettest in the past 10 years."

8 hours ago, 13177 said:

Today during lunch time, suddenly saw sky got dark clouds, thought will rain but until now still no see any rain? 😅

IMHO.
The forecast of afternoon thundery showers,  you will be out of luck if you are  elsewhere other than in the western.

• Haha! 1

8 hours ago, yishunite said:

NEA record is damn funny...

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/december-weather-second-half-less-wet-met-service-13777228

Tell us less wet second half december...

But then end up wettest Dec in 10 years

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/sweater-weather-to-carry-on-in-singapore-in-january

"The weather in December was cold and wet largely due to north-east monsoon conditions, an effect amplified by "strong solar heating of land areas coupled with convergence of winds in the surrounding region", the MSS said.

Most parts of the island saw more than usual rainfall in December, with Pasir Ris recording 51 per cent above the average amount.

At the climate station in Changi, the monthly total rainfall of 421.5mm for December (as of Monday) surpassed the 371.2mm recorded in 2017 to make December the wettest in the past 10 years."

But nobody needs to be held accountable for wrong weather forecast; they just blame it on act of god :D

• Haha! 4

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, Beehive3783 said:

But nobody needs to be held accountable for wrong weather forecast; they just blame it on act of god :D

Best occupation ever. If give wrong report can just say Oh My God! hahahahahahah.

• Haha! 7

23 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Best occupation ever. If give wrong report can just say Oh My God! hahahahahahah.

We are an island.  Wind direction can change easily.

In addition, I don't think our weather radar can shoot so far into Malaysia/Indonesia.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1