Rain & thunder returning to S'pore in Mar. 2021 after extremely dry Feb.

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator
11 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

We are an island.  Wind direction can change easily.

In addition, I don't think our weather radar can shoot so far into Malaysia/Indonesia.

hahaha. I dunno much about weather. The only thing I know is if it is raining, my dog will be sad as she cannot go out for walk. hahaha.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

hahaha. I dunno much about weather. The only thing I know is if it is raining, my dog will be sad as she cannot go out for walk. hahaha.

It is more than that if you ever live in Temperate country

Supersonic
13 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Thought your dog very lazy to move de? Lol.

• Haha! 1

54 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

In addition, I don't think our weather radar can shoot so far into Malaysia/Indonesia.

walao, you outdated liao. now all satellite imaging liao. 

the prevailing winds don't suka suka change one lah. even you live on island in south china sea or pacific ocean, the prevailing winds follow the seasons.

you may be referring to sporadic showers that happen and affect local area weather for a short while

• Praise 3

3 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

the prevailing winds don't suka suka change one lah. even you live on island in south china sea or pacific ocean, the prevailing winds follow the seasons.

you may be referring to sporadic showers that happen and affect local area weather for a short while

Those are the 1 that will screw up the prediction.

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

IMHO. AFIAK.
Accordingly,  our weather radar has a range of 480km. 
KL is about 350km? 
Accuracy .... no comments.

• Praise 2

13 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

IIRC. 
Eh.... have change one.  I recall the recent fall tree incident.   Suddenly can have no wind one. 

• Haha! 1

36 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No, his pet 'pussy' is the one that's lazy to move. Always on the bed asking him "mau, tak-mau, mau, tak-mau" ... [:)] 

• Haha! 4

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

She still need to poo mah. hahahaha. Cannot let her constipate hahahaha

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Kklee said:

IIRC. 
Eh.... have change one.  I recall the recent fall tree incident.   Suddenly can have no wind one. 

Those stay high floor hdb should feel the wind quite strong, quite shiok.

ground level maybe the built up high rise can channel the wind. I saw youtube vid that depending on wind direction, some areas in dense high rise the wind will become eddies in the "well". may be no wind also. 

how come no wind the tree fall?

16 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

Those stay high floor hdb should feel the wind quite strong, quite shiok.

ground level maybe the built up high rise can channel the wind. I saw youtube vid that depending on wind direction, some areas in dense high rise the wind will become eddies in the "well". may be no wind also. 

how come no wind the tree fall?

Yes, my parents' place above 20,  shiokz ! 
The layout of the building is important as well.  But sure got some units who don't get the wind.

I don't know why no wind when the tree fall.  I recall one news article say like that. 

4 minutes ago, Kklee said:

Yes, my parents' place above 20,  shiokz ! 
The layout of the building is important as well.  But sure got some units who don't get the wind.

I don't know why no wind when the tree fall.  I recall one news article say like that. 

Dont know if HDB design got factor in wind or not. some really block until you open window smell laundry or smoke from neighbour only.. 

some point blocks facing wrong direction always get sun and no wind.. lol

7 minutes ago, Nolicense said:

Dont know if HDB design got factor in wind or not. some really block until you open window smell laundry or smoke from neighbour only.. 

some point blocks facing wrong direction always get sun and no wind.. lol

IMHO.
Unlikely.  If have, we can tap on wind energy.

Hypersonic
On 3/5/2021 at 11:08 AM, Kklee said:

IIRC. 

Wind just become weaker, but the current direction still blowing from north, north east.

But the direction will be changing very soon. By April may start slowly come from the south. Then we really got to worry about any smoke haze blow from Indonesia. 

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Tohto said:

Wind just become weaker, but the current direction still blowing from north, north east.

But the direction will be changing very soon. By April may start slowly come from the south. Then we really got to worry about any smoke haze blow from Indonesia. 

IMHO. AFAIK.
Agree. 

Info from NEA. 

Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar  - N/NE
May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep - S/SE
Apr, Oct, Nov - variable