Opinions about upgrading

porkfloss

43 minutes ago, Icedbs said:

Over the last 20 years, 4th March 2001 - 4th March 2021, national average appreciation for each residential types are as follows:

1) Condo : 176.5%

2) Landed : 185.8%

3) EC : 158.4%

4) HDB : 96.5%

If capital appreciation is a key consideration, upgrade to a landed is the best. But how many can afford landed? So condo is the next best thing.

To upgrade or not to upgrade really depends on the personality of the person. There are always two kind of people

1) Risk adverse type, value stability first over potential future upside in wealth or jobs. Live in the moment kind

2)  Willing to take moderate risk and compromise some stability for potential future upside in wealth or jobs. Live for improvement in the future kind.

Neither are wrong, just choices in life and often depends on their age as well.

You miss out the 3rd type. 

The sell 1 buy 2,

Stay one rent one type.... 

These are higher risk takers. 

But higher rewards potentially. 

↡ Advertisement

59 minutes ago, Icedbs said:

Over the last 20 years, 4th March 2001 - 4th March 2021, national average appreciation for each residential types are as follows:

1) Condo : 176.5%

2) Landed : 185.8%

3) EC : 158.4%

4) HDB : 96.5%

I wonder where do u get the data. From the published price index, the HDB resale price index increases from 80.3 (yr 2000) to 138.1 (recent), and the URA Private Residential Property Price Index increases from 98.1 to 152.1 during the same period of time.  HDB 72%  vs private property 55%

• Praise 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, vitaminsee said:

Does anyone have any views on the upcoming development at pasir ris MRT? pasir-ris8.com.sg . Worth to buy?

Yes and no.

The trouble with Pasir Ris is not Pasir Ris but people thinking.

Last time I stay Tampines and no one say Tampines wah so far.

But if you stay Pasir Ris when you want to sell, people will say wah so far.

I always say if I stay in Pasir Ris next to MRT I will get home faster than I stay in Tampines and have to walk or take feeder bus home.

If this condo is next to MRT and White Sands its a very good location.

So its buy buy buy bye bye.

But when it comes to selling unless people know the East then expect Pasir Ris huh? Wah so far.

:D

Edited by Jamesc

One thing about Pasir Ris MRT.

You think stay last stop get on train can always get a seat.

But if you want a seat then you have to take a train to Tampines and then cross platform and take the train back to Pasir Ris again and then get a seat.

Its those pesky Simei people that want to go to town and take the train to Pasir Ris and then sit all the way to City Hall and Raffles Place.

That's the problem with Pasir Ris MRT.

• Haha! 3

This is the kind of things the Pasir Ris condo sales people WONT tell you.

Just now, Jamesc said:

But if you want a seat then you have to take a train to Tampines and then cross platform and take the train back to Pasir Ris again and then get a seat.

Its those pesky Simei people that want to go to town and take the train to Pasir Ris and then sit all the way to City Hall and Raffles Place.

20 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Yes and no.

The trouble with Pasir Ris is not Pasir Ris but people thinking.

Last time I stay Tampines and no one say Tampines wah so far.

But if you stay Pasir Ris when you want to sell, people will say wah so far.

I always say if I stay in Pasir Ris next to MRT I will get home faster than I stay in Tampines and have to walk or take feeder bus home.

If this condo is next to MRT and White Sands its a very good location.

So its buy buy buy bye bye.

But when it comes to selling unless people know the East then expect Pasir Ris huh? Wah so far.

Beware of Tampines riders.... Taking MRT to Pasir Ris for seats and goes to town during morning peak hour. 

• Praise 1

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Thought you forgotten.... 

I have also added this comment 😂😂😂

Also good luck if driving and goes by by PIE towards Changi... 

Only when the viaduct is ready then will alleviate the bottle neck. 

Not much better with KPE in the tunnel.... 

Maybe slightly better with ECP 

Edited by Atonchia
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
29 minutes ago, Atonchia said:

Thought you forgotten.... 

I have also added this comment 😂😂😂

Also good luck if driving and goes by by PIE towards Changi... 

Only when the viaduct is ready then will alleviate the bottle neck. 

Not much better with KPE in the tunnel.... 

Maybe slightly better with ECP 

Also opposite this development they just cleared the green jungle (big chunk of greenery gone just like that) leading to the Pasir Ris park for HDB development.

This development is just opposite of this new condo, commercial center - my take is this will add congestion to the main roads around the area...if the development is 600-700 units, please add another 300-400 HDB units and impact to the road around that area...[laugh]

is just too congested, IMHO!!

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
4 hours ago, Somewhat1975 said:

I wonder where do u get the data. From the published price index, the HDB resale price index increases from 80.3 (yr 2000) to 138.1 (recent), and the URA Private Residential Property Price Index increases from 98.1 to 152.1 during the same period of time.  HDB 72%  vs private property 55%

The data I use are pure average $psf appreciation from transacted prices across the time period.

These are obtained from URA Realis and 99.co. You need to pay to obtain these data.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Icedbs said:

The data I use are pure average $psf appreciation from transacted prices across the time period.

These are obtained from URA Realis and 99.co. You need to pay to obtain these data.

Well, a lot depends on the time window you choose... start right after a crash or right at the peak. 

Supercharged

regardless of the arguments about space and cost, there will be some who gravitate to Condo even if it is not logical.

Just like cars, if follow pure practical & logic, everyone will be buying a Toyota or Hyundai sedan and driving it to 10 years.

In reality, so many flock to choices such as a basic BMW or 3-star, then tell themselves change before 5 years is the way to "maximize" savings.

Society is colourful because everyone pursues different things.

• Praise 7

11 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

regardless of the arguments about space and cost, there will be some who gravitate to Condo even if it is not logical.

Just like cars, if follow pure practical & logic, everyone will be buying a Toyota or Hyundai sedan and driving it to 10 years.

In reality, so many flock to choices such as a basic BMW or 3-star, then tell themselves change before 5 years is the way to "maximize" savings.

Society is colourful because everyone pursues different things.

Maslow...😁

Turbocharged
30 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

Well, a lot depends on the time window you choose... start right after a crash or right at the peak. 

Of course, and for this  purpose, I have used 20 years to compare across the different residential types. 

8 hours ago, Vinceng said:

Best is to live within your financial means.

The problem is what is considered “within financial means” differs for each person.

Some people by nature are very frugal and accumulate a lot over time. Some already spend to the hilt. Both may earn the same salary.

One still has to consider own situation.

• Praise 1

15 hours ago, Jamesc said:

can buy condo still take mrt meh😎

• Haha! 1

IMHO.
This is the 

9 hours ago, Wt_know said:

TS ... no landed no talk ... FREEHOLD some more ... 

EB018E8C-D489-4DF2-84CC-B10B6E25631C.jpeg

927962F3-5FC4-4588-8349-83AE9ACC7B9D.jpeg

IMHO.
This is a car forum,  so, I am going to say if I have the $,  I will go and buy a nice car.
When the borders are open, I will drive in and plonk in nicer hotels. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1