“Overtrade”

Wenlinz

Wondering why TS wants  to sell it so soon. I cannot afford though, just keh po. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
On 3/4/2021 at 9:48 AM, Spring said:

To add on to what @Voodooman (OT nothing to do with loan) and @Ct3833 (high list price to give impression of premium price) mentioned which I agree, OT is basically a discount which dealer doesn't want to give outright so give it indirectly via OT.

Some reasons why dealers use OT are: 1) Don't want to upset earlier buyers who have paid higher prices when COE drops, 2) Feel good, psychological factor that u getting higher price for your existing car. 

I would advise to do your homework on what the value of the OT really is. Check out prices in sgcarmart for the same model and age of your existing car to get a fair value price. Hv to bear in mind that those prices advertised are seller's price though so hv to knock off few k from it. Another way to get a rough value is to get a quote from Car quotz n their competitors. 

With information on your car value, u can then know the true value of the OT and use this figure to deduct from the sell price of the new car to make an informed decision whether the overall package price is worth it or not. Good luck!

By the way, answer to your question 2 why OT varies for different new models sold are due to different margins. All things being equal, higher end models would normally have higher OT. That said, when models run out or there is a push by parent to promote certain models, even smaller margin models may attract higher OT.

Edited by D3badge

Turbocharged

new car once you collect key and drive out of showroom, depreciation of 20% of what you pay kicks in. not unbelievable that you may only get 70% of what you pay for.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged
(edited)

Overtrade normal = increase price lower down-payment, higher loan more interest (employed by lots of PIs and many a times by ADs-ADs call it net effective price) LOL

Overtrade discount = those jin highmargin or wanna maintain high price list - give these to their "exclusive VIP.

Some BMW parker say, if you cant afford dont buy

I say all car buyers are called roberts in the eye of the dealers PI or ADs. But all car buyers think we damn tok kong know much about  cars price etc. come on they do it day day out. we buyers buy car average once every 5 years.. you do the sums who is robert and who is not.. 

so this owner say.. just spend la. YOLO.. no budget also spend la.. retrench then say la.. the country treasury needs your ARF, your COE, your road tax !!!!

Edited by BenTong
  • Haha! 4

7 hours ago, D3badge said:

How come u quote my msg n put . there? U want to post something?

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
4 hours ago, Spring said:

How come u quote my msg n put . there? U want to post something?

Maybe speechless after hantu's hard truths......? Lol

• Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, Soya said:

Maybe speechless after hantu's hard truths......? Lol

My fav cliche haha

44C63F60-9FAB-406C-9A60-F98170B807DA.gif

5 hours ago, BenTong said:

Overtrade normal = increase price lower down-payment, higher loan more interest (employed by lots of PIs and many a times by ADs-ADs call it net effective price) LOL

Overtrade discount = those jin highmargin or wanna maintain high price list - give these to their "exclusive VIP.

Some BMW parker say, if you cant afford dont buy

I say all car buyers are called roberts in the eye of the dealers PI or ADs. But all car buyers think we damn tok kong know much about  cars price etc. come on they do it day day out. we buyers buy car average once every 5 years.. you do the sums who is robert and who is not.. 

so this owner say.. just spend la. YOLO.. no budget also spend la.. retrench then say la.. the country treasury needs your ARF, your COE, your road tax !!!!

All car OWNERS (fool cash or not) in SG are Roberts lah. 😁

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
On 3/4/2021 at 2:54 PM, yishunite said:

The fact that overtrade amount is "unlimited" should be huge warning sign lol

Wahh... Unlimited overtrade... Can buy ferrari leow :D

Turbocharged
On 3/4/2021 at 5:20 PM, RadX said:

i have one principle

If you have to think so much, come here seek opinions, buy-in, gain the mass to like your idea, means

you CANNOT afford it!

PEriod!

U sibey knn.... But i like :D

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged

Totally unrelated :

wa! 

moderna US$ 37 a shot 

Pfizer US$ 20 a shot

Sinovac US$ 30 a shot

Source : some website Statista

14 minutes ago, BenTong said: