S’pore to stop diesel car, taxi registrations, have 8 ‘EV-ready towns’ including Bedok, Punggol, Queenstown by 2025

Dinofied

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

For Taxi, it will be charged in depot just like buy petrol in depot now.

For PHV, just charge the car during your downtime.

PHVs will take up all available charging points as soon as the takeup starts... right now very few so looks rosy but as soon as they start the switch say goodbye to free points

↡ Advertisement

1 minute ago, Kb27 said:

charging point will be the next free parking lot. [laugh]

Currently all charging point are within MSCP.

How to have free car park?

(edited)
1 hour ago, Toeknee_33 said:

Slow chargers are AC, up to 22kW, and uses your in-car converter to charge up the battery. Fast chargers are DC, can be up to 350kW or more, and has a built in converter. The Amp requirement for both types of chargers are different, according to what i know.

I forgot to add, constant use of fast/rapid chargers will degenerate your batteries due to the heat, or so they say.

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Dinofied said:

Better get your diesel cars before 2025. Now AD and PI will offer discount for Diesel Cars for the coming years. 

Why need they discount? They just don’t bring in to sell 

• Praise 1

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Stratovarius said:

How come I got a feeling the gahman sure gonna screw this up especially for the charging points? 

Cause now LTA in charge..... I eat popcorn and wait for the inevitable screw up. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Sg is like game with micro transaction 

Game is free but if need more power weapons armour have to pay 

so car ciggi wine always tio jiak :XD:

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

I forgot to add, constant use of fast/rapid chargers will degenerate your batteries due to the heat, or so they say.

When you need to dispose battery, ask you $$ for env tax 🤪

• Haha! 2

Supercharged

Guys, if ICE is out....by 2030...so petrol station and workshop will also need to close down...or progressively close down....a lot of pple's rice bowl will be impacted leh..

guess they need to start changing now and move away from setting workshop.....Ubi's industrial building's will be impacted as well....less rental for business as you don't really need oil changes...or fixing of engine...

just a thot.....impact the mainstream business and downstream business related to ICE cars [laugh]

• Praise 1

54 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Porsche Taycan from 0% to 80% with Porsche charging 20mins

Please add landed property first

muayhahahahsh

1 minute ago, Spidey10 said:

Guys, if ICE is out....by 2030...so petrol station and workshop will also need to close down...or progressively close down....a lot of pple's rice bowl will be impacted leh..

guess they need to start changing now and move away from setting workshop.....Ubi's industrial building's will be impacted as well....less rental for business as you don't really need oil changes...or fixing of engine...

just a thot.....impact the mainstream business and downstream business related to ICE cars [laugh]

Mai scare ppl la.

Phase-out by 2040 la

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

Please add landed property first

muayhahahahsh

You can't install Porsche Fast Charging at home

The best for landed property is 3phase 16A

Edited by inlinesix

Just now, inlinesix said:

You can't install Porsche Fast Charging at home

The point is this, Porsche Rapid Charge is proprietory. 
At best it is made available at Stuttgart Agent.  How much positive impact is there truly in the “Road to EV cars” mission? 
The only way is to develop it exclusively for porsche owners use at home .  Dont ask me how, i am not the car siao.

5 minutes ago, Throttle2 said:

The point is this, Porsche Rapid Charge is proprietory. 
At best it is made available at Stuttgart Agent.  How much positive impact is there truly in the “Road to EV cars” mission? 
The only way is to develop it exclusively for porsche owners use at home .  Dont ask me how, i am not the car siao.

How to design it for home use unless your home can have a power supply higher than 3phase?

It is a matter of electrical engineering le.

Similar to Tesla, Porsche Rapid Charge is proprietory. 

It does not preclude Taycan owner from using a public fast-charging network.

20 hours ago, Dinofied said:

In the Budget statement last month, Deputy Prime Minister Heng Swee Keat said the Government would also lower the Additional Registration Fee floor for electric cars to zero between January 2022 and December 2023.

The change would make electric cars more affordable as the floor is now set at S$5,000 under the EV early adoption incentive, which kicked in on Jan 1. Under that incentive, those registering fully electric cars are given a 45 per cent rebate on the Additional Registration Fee, capped at S$20,000.

The Government will also adjust road taxes for mass-market electric cars, so that their owners may pay taxes comparable to those levied on owners with internal combustion engine cars.

From next year, the road tax brackets of electric cars with power ratings of 30 to 90 kilowatt (kW) and 90 to 230kW will be merged. Cars falling into this combined bracket will be subject to the present road tax formula of the lower 30 to 90kW band.

With this change, electric cars owners will pay up to 34 per cent less road tax, LTA said.

For example, owners of a Hyundai Kona Electric or a Kia Niro — both with power ratings of 150kW — will pay S$1,095 in yearly road taxes, instead of the S$1,447 at present. 

Owners of the more powerful 225kW standard Tesla Model 3 will pay S$1,500 in road taxes, down from S$2,300.

These changes will also apply to owners of hybrid petrol-electric cars who now pay road taxes based on their vehicles’ maximum electric power rating.

The road tax brackets for cars with power ratings of less than 30kW and more than 230kW will stay unchanged.

This article is kind of misleading, as it show only the road tax portion, but miss out the lump sum charge for EV, which is currently at $200/yr and will be raised to $700/year in 2023.

And I wonder where they get the 225KW Tesla model 3 from. LTA data shows that the standard (base) Model 3 has a power of 239KW, which the revision in road tax will not be applicable to this model.

21Y2NxE.jpg

For EV with power >230KW, the road tax structure is the same as before, i.e. Starting at $1525 + $10/KW (I thought it should be adjusted to start from $1000 at the very least). 

xlieigl.jpg

18 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Currently, I haven't see any E-commercial Vehicle.

Have, BYD T3 Electric Van.

bdA8wxN.jpg

rgS4HN3.jpg

• Praise 8