2022 Kia EV6

Carbon82

On 3/12/2021 at 10:35 AM, SGCM928 said:

The rendering look highly plausible.

kia-ev6-rendering.jpg

It seems quite sizeable from these spy shots! 

Hope the price will not be out of the world when it landed in Singapore. I know car will never be cheap here, but with Hyundai Ioniq 5 produced locally, I am pinning my hope that it will serve as a price check for Kia EV6. 

One of the greatest things which had happened to car styling with EVs, are the low bonnet lines which do make for sexier designs up front.  

Because there is no engine up front, designers aren't restricted by packaging the engine with full compliance to pedestrians crash test standards.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

4 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

One of the greatest things which had happened to car styling with EVs, are the low bonnet lines which do make for sexier designs up front.  

Because there is no engine up front, designers aren't restricted by packaging the engine with full compliance to pedestrians crash test standards.  

But there will still be some buyer who prefer car with long bonnet, and that is why even Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 with transverse mounted engine are designed with long bonnet which compromise the interior space. 

I personally prefer car with short bonnet as not only it offer a more roomy interior, it look sportier too, especially for hatch and fastback. 

• Praise 2

5 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

Long bonnet more sexy la

thats why suv look more sexy than mpv. Don’t tell me u aroused by alphard design😆

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

12 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Honestly the front fascia looks quite ugly... like some alien frog monster like that... the rear is also not very good... the rounded front a bit at odds with the more angular rear...

yeah the looks don't quite appeal to me either. i'd take the ioniq over this for sure  

Hyundai designer team need to step-up their work as compared to KIA's designer, the latter has an edge , at the end of the day, it s all about the first killer look and impression counts, all Korean cars has come a long way, not even SsangYong Motor group, mostly in SUV, MPV and Trucks , rather stylish, The Mascular Mussois sporty too.SsangYong 7 seaters Rexton is hugh and robust ride

I look forward to KIA and Hyundai having a go with one another in terms of Electric and Hybrid car models in most specifications.

• Praise 2

On 3/15/2021 at 10:22 AM, teomingern said:

Honestly the front fascia looks quite ugly... like some alien frog monster like that... the rear is also not very good... the rounded front a bit at odds with the more angular rear...

Front ok for me. Rear screams CUV (and a bit too much Suzuki/Ssangyong/Juke influence) and I wish they would go full sportback/coupe on it

• Praise 1

I see KIA And HYUNDAI next challenge to Jap Cars industry , in terms of design and shape of all sizes, their technology is so mach advance yet surprisingly up to par with Continental cars, Value for for money and skin deep much much affordable. I may have watch some korean movies on Netflix, going forward, I marvel at Korean cars used by advertisers whereof higher value and specifications provided. 

As mentioned in earlier post, I anticipated more Korean car models be here for a long run, going forward, the Hyundai Motor Car innovation Centre is under construction in Bulim Avenue ( Jurong West ) , Let's see . . . thus creating job opportunity for locals and brighter prospects for the local car industries.

• Praise 1

EV6 WORLD PREMIERE 30.03.21 10.00 AM CET

Discover the next generation of BEVs with the Kia EV6. Kia’s first dedicated EV represents the brand’s new design philosophy that embodies our shifting focus towards electrification. With its bold and distinctive crossover aesthetics and high-end technical features, the new EV6 gives its driver an instinctive and natural experience that improves daily life and lets inspiration travel with you wherever you go. Paving the way for a new era of inventive electric vehicles that provide user ownership that is simple, intuitive and integrated.

kia-cv-kv-mobile.jpg

kia-cv-gallery-top.jpg

kia-cv-gallery-interior-side.jpg

kia-cv-gallery-interior-front.jpg

• Praise 10

1 hour ago, Carbon82 said:

EV6 WORLD PREMIERE 30.03.21 10.00 AM CET

Discover the next generation of BEVs with the Kia EV6. Kia’s first dedicated EV represents the brand’s new design philosophy that embodies our shifting focus towards electrification. With its bold and distinctive crossover aesthetics and high-end technical features, the new EV6 gives its driver an instinctive and natural experience that improves daily life and lets inspiration travel with you wherever you go. Paving the way for a new era of inventive electric vehicles that provide user ownership that is simple, intuitive and integrated.

kia-cv-gallery-interior-front.jpg

Nice interior except the steering wheel.

• Praise 2