2022 Kia EV6

Carbon82

16 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Tesla margin is about 30% of basic cost (excluding COE).

For the cheapest Tesla Model 3, the margin is about $26k

For Tesla break down is 59,717 (OMV) + 79,491 (ARF) + 20,276 (GST & Excise Duty) - 25,000 (VES) - 20,000 (EEAI) + 220 (Regn Fee) = 111,388 (excluding COE)

so the Tesla profit is from the OMV. But for other brand which selling via Distributor, there will be another component to take care which is Distributor profit which can be as high 300% - 400% of the OMV of the vehicle.

From the past data, I doubt Kia and Hyundai EV price will be below $200K.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Neutral Newbie
On 12/29/2021 at 9:35 PM, Kennethoka said:

Maybe it is an illusion that Kia and Hyundai are one cat up, because of the agent in Singapore need to earn the profit right. For Tesla is doing direct sales.

Example Audi E-Tron Advance OMV is 67K, add in all cost like COE and GST, the basic cost are $229,690 but the selling price is $357,960.

Where else for Tesla standard, OMV is $59,717, after everything the basic cost is $194,189 and selling price also $194,189

that’s how Tesla will kill those middleman 

1 hour ago, Car1990 said:

They are already doing in overseas. Dealer markups for say a Mercedes EQS in the US is like 50k for a 70k car. While Tesla is what you see is what you get.

Edited by Acegab
Addition

That is why VW is doing wonderful business in SG. They import their cars direct from factory via internal transfer price and mark up to sell to us.

Tesla model is commendable but they are the only one doing it. We need a few more, especially mass market models.

19 hours ago, Kennethoka said:

I hope that Telsa can be the game changer in how the automobile industries works in Singapore

It won't be seller that change how industry work. It must be buyers. Simple fact is we have the highest markup of cars in the world. Already with tax the most expensive cars, but on top of that our ADs make the biggest per car margins in the world. And yet we have willing buyers.

I still believe it takes 2 hand to clap. Because buyer has no choice, all the sellers in Singapore is doing this way no one until Tesla enters Singapore market. If car manufacturer is following Tesla doing direct sale, it think the buyer is more than happy to buy from them.

On 12/31/2021 at 8:24 AM, Rm2s said:

That is why VW is doing wonderful business in SG. They import their cars direct from factory via internal transfer price and mark up to sell to us.

Tesla model is commendable but they are the only one doing it. We need a few more, especially mass market models.

Daswelt auto is wholly owned by VW but it's still considered a subsidiary with their own P&L compared to Tesla which is a true direct to consumer business model

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

To be handled by CNC? Sure overpriced one....

So for I think for korean car,  CNC did a better job in pricing recently as compare to Komoco. KIA and Hyundai, I think Komoco priced Hyundai way too high. We might see Ioniq 5 will be more expensive than EV 6

Edited by Kennethoka

53 minutes ago, Acegab said:

Confirm plus chop 200k

Definitely. Tesla direct sale also borderline 200k. KIA EV6 sell via AD. AD needs to earn profit too.

Other country offers 4 different horsepower 

1) 168hp - RWD Standard Range

2) 232hp - AWD Standard Range

3) 225hp - RWD Long Range

4) 321hp - AWD Long Range

Depend CNC bring what what variant.

My guess will be option 3 and 4. And the price might be slightly above Stinger 2.0 for options 3 and Stinger 3.3 for option 4

Edited by Kennethoka

I was told by Komoco sales person the Ioniq 5 will be in end of this year and yes, we all guess right... above $200,000 at today's COE prices... likely matching or going above the current Staria and Palisade pricing...

7 hours ago, teomingern said:

I was told by Komoco sales person the Ioniq 5 will be in end of this year and yes, we all guess right... above $200,000 at today's COE prices... likely matching or going above the current Staria and Palisade pricing...

Who said EV rebates will make them cheaper. All got eaten up by the ADs. Waiting for Model Y to launch and I'll happily give Tesla my money

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

On 12/30/2021 at 10:41 PM, Car1990 said:

I hope Tesla is giving good prices not just to break market, but with the aim to conquer the market.

Else will become just like another VW. Don't see their prices as being competitive despite them cutting out the middle man.

↡ Advertisement