Interesting Clause in Motor Insurance Policy

Heartlander

Would like to check if fellow car owners ever encounter any other motor insurance company putting such clause(s) in their policy:

I / We understand that if my / our vehicle is a parallel imported model, in the event of an accidental windscreen damage or damage to the vehicle / accessories and if the parts are not obtainable from our local workshops, the Insured shall be responsible for all costs including air freight and storage charges due to the delay in repair to his / her vehicle.

Just saw the small print in the policy when need to declare if the ride is from authorised dealer or PI, then it lead to small prints as worded above.

Any one with experience to share? What is the worse that can happen for policy owner? Common among various motor insurance companies?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Mine is a pi. And just happened i submiited a claim for windscreen crack. And was approved today and this friday i will bring to a 3rd party authorised workshop to have a nee windscreen changed.

Excess 100 buck plus add on for solar film wor.

• Praise 1

Nowadays with added safety features like lane departure/lane keep sensors being attached to the windscreen it is no longer as simple as it used to be. With niche PI models the supply stream is even worse.

16 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Would like to check if fellow car owners ever encounter any other motor insurance company putting such clause(s) in their policy:

I / We understand that if my / our vehicle is a parallel imported model, in the event of an accidental windscreen damage or damage to the vehicle / accessories and if the parts are not obtainable from our local workshops, the Insured shall be responsible for all costs including air freight and storage charges due to the delay in repair to his / her vehicle.

Just saw the small print in the policy when need to declare if the ride is from authorised dealer or PI, then it lead to small prints as worded above.

Any one with experience to share? What is the worse that can happen for policy owner? Common among various motor insurance companies?

Never seen this before. Which insurer is this? Those cheap cheap online insurance companies?

• Praise 1

Supersonic
16 hours ago, Heartlander said:

Which insurer is this?

↡ Advertisement