Perodua Aruz on the way to Singapore?

camrysfe

6 hours ago, Zhouwee84 said:

i rather compare just the cars. The moment you start comparing AD or PI, there are just too many intangible points of comparison.

there are big and small ADs and there are big and small PIs. Like BM and Perocom, are they really in the same league in terms of scale and branding? Some PIs are owned by listed companies and some are owned by ah bengs and thus, there are some PIs which are more reputable than the small ADs.

If you must compare BM Sienta vs Aruz, the AD’s scale and reputation are on a different level already. These 2 cars will also take on different key points of comparison like resale value, annual depreciation, comfort and overall package like car trade in value, financing and insurance options.

Also, name one car review or comparison video or site which compare the ADs vs PIs as a key point.

Biased sported. 

↡ Advertisement

(edited)
2 hours ago, Spring said:

There isn’t n that’s exactly my point that u r comparing an AD car v PI car. U may claim u r only comparing the car per se n not AD v PI but your starting point is already not comparable. 

Well said, he is  like comparing apple to orange and saying orange taste like orange . 🍎 taste like 🍎

Edited by RogerNg_185295

Just now, Wondertree said:

@Spring I'm curious what your definition of apple is. To me both being cars with 7 seats puts them in the category of apples that can be compared.

I already mentioned that a PI car cannot be compared to an AD car as price wise, they are not comparable ie the AD car is obviously more expensive so it's already starting off at a disadvantage. Why is Aruz being compared to JDM Sienta? Probably cos they are about same price range but are they comparable esp if hypothetically JDM Sienta is sold by AD Borneo at say $7-$10k more? Will u still be saying JDM SIenta is better? Price in this segment is obviously a major factor.

In short, my apple comparison is strictly on price. It's like eating in a food court v restaurant selling the same food. Obviously, restaurant costs more so is it fair to say I would choose food court over restaurant afterall they selling same dish and then u justify it by saying "I'm comparing food per se not restaurant vs Food Court". Is it same? Restaurant has ambience, better environment etc and likewise AD has factory warranty, free svc with original parts etc. Don't be mistaken, no way am I saying it's better to buy from AD over PI, my point has and always been to hv a fair comparison so whilst they are both 7 seater MPVs, their starting points differ.

• Praise 6

Internal Moderator
On 4/2/2021 at 3:54 PM, Zhouwee84 said:

So I went to test drive the new Aruz today...

I am going to give a short review... I hope to be as unbiased as possible.

I trust the build quality to be on an acceptable level as the Aruz is essentially a Toyota Rush. It is said to be assembled side-by-side in the factory. So if it is good enough for Toyota to put their branding on it, it will last for 10 years easily.

The car is chunky in a good way, those who wish to get a big car should really consider the Aruz. It rides tall, has great road clearance and it is able to sit 7 pax. I am 1.84m tall, with the front seat adjusted to my driving position, I am still able to fit into the 2nd row seats when it is slide to the middle position. I did not try to fit into the 3rd row as it looked really small but I guess it will seat anyone below the height of 1.65m comfortably. Getting on and off the car is like climbing a chair (very high) and kids will take longer to board the car and elderly folks may experience some problem too. Well, it is a SUV afterall and you can’t have your cake and eat it.

The 4 speed gearbox is surprisingly smooth and is a joy for a light-footed person like me as the gearbox remained in the 1st gear to ensure the car gets moving up to speed at a comfortable pace.  I find the gear knob/ shift a little out of place. I ended up on 2nd gear when I wanted to engage ‘D’ and ended up of ‘N’ when I wanted to engage ‘R’. However, I believe this is a small issue and just takes some time to get used to it.

The engine is a Toyota engine with Dual VVTI. I have confidence in Toyota’s technology and I am sure the engine will last for a very long time and while the car may not be the most fuel economical car but I trust Toyota engine to one of the most fuel efficient engines around. In short, not the best but it is doing the best it can already.

The wheels are huge, it helps to further differentiate itself from the other budget 7 seater (Sienta) as the the huge wheels gives it a real SUV feeling. Sitting, driving and looking at the Aruz convinced me that this is a SUV and not another 7 seater. The wheels are also wrapped in Goodyear Triplemax Assurance tyres, this is the best fuel economical tyres I have ever tried on my old car and I am sure it will help to improve the fuel economy further.

The brakes felt very spongy and really insensitive, not too sure if it is just me but I would really need to get use to it by stepping harder and earlier on the brakes when stopping.

I enquired on the servicing package, 2 years / 5 times free servicing. I feel that Perocom could have given more but their servicing package it really cheap compared to other ADs and really competitive even when compared to private workshops. This gives assurance that maintaining your Perodua’s warranty by servicing with the AD will not break the bank.

Lastly, let us talk about pricing. It is not the cheapest 7 seaters but you do get the SUV feel out of it. So the it will appeal to those who “want” a SUV more than those who “need” a 7 seater. One thing to note is the VES. The Aruz does not attract a rebate or surcharge. This means you are not giving LTA more money and also means that you will probably get back more when you scrap the car in 10 years. I would say the annual depreciation to be at around $8,450. I believe the Sienta X would be lower but it is a different car altogether.

So will I buy? All I can say is the car is nice and owning a SUV would be nice but if I want to be 100% practical (being a family man with commitments), a Sienta would be a much better choice due to a higher resale value the perceived JDM quality over cars assembled in other countries.

The Aruz could really use a review on their listing page! Do consider dropping it here too, I think it's gonna be useful to others considering the Aruz.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_postreview.php?CarCode=12865

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Spring said:

I already mentioned that a PI car cannot be compared to an AD car as price wise, they are not comparable ie the AD car is obviously more expensive so it's already starting off at a disadvantage. Why is Aruz being compared to JDM Sienta? Probably cos they are about same price range but are they comparable esp if hypothetically JDM Sienta is sold by AD Borneo at say $7-$10k more? Will u still be saying JDM SIenta is better? Price in this segment is obviously a major factor.

In short, my apple comparison is strictly on price. It's like eating in a food court v restaurant selling the same food. Obviously, restaurant costs more so is it fair to say I would choose food court over restaurant afterall they selling same dish and then u justify it by saying "I'm comparing food per se not restaurant vs Food Court". Is it same? Restaurant has ambience, better environment etc and likewise AD has factory warranty, free svc with original parts etc. Don't be mistaken, no way am I saying it's better to buy from AD over PI, my point has and always been to hv a fair comparison so whilst they are both 7 seater MPVs, their starting points differ.

and in my review, i was comparing cars, not PI vs AD. My question to you... do you care if the food is from a food court or restaurant if you are hungry or do you care if the food is of good quality and readily available? PI or AD is not important as long as the car is bought from a honest PI. I was coming solely from the angle of writing a car review and thus, i did not point out much regarding the AD except that their servicing packages are competitive. Furthermore, i am not writing a paid review and i do not need to level the playing field for the AD with other ADs/ PI.

U replied me few times but u nvr answer my question on whether u would still say the JDM Sienta is the better choice if it was $7-$10k more at AD. If u say yes then I’ve nothing to add. 

13 minutes ago, Zhouwee84 said:

and in my review, i was comparing cars, not PI vs AD. My question to you... do you care if the food is from a food court or restaurant if you are hungry or do you care if the food is of good quality and readily available? PI or AD is not important as long as the car is bought from a honest PI. I was coming solely from the angle of writing a car review and thus, i did not point out much regarding the AD except that their servicing packages are competitive. Furthermore, i am not writing a paid review and i do not need to level the playing field for the AD with other ADs/ PI.

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Spring said:

U replied me few times but u nvr answer my question on whether u would still say the JDM Sienta is the better choice if it was $7-$10k more at AD. If u say yes then I’ve nothing to add. 

Haha. You just don’t get it.

@Spring 

22 hours ago, Spring said:

That's a rather peculiar way of looking at things. Is it accurate to summarise that no two things can be compared if they cost differently?

39 minutes ago, Wondertree said:

@Spring 

That's a rather peculiar way of looking at things. Is it accurate to summarise that no two things can be compared if they cost differently?

Cost is always a criteria when buying cars and especially so in this particular price sensitive segment ie entry level 7 seater MPV.

Unless u say cost is not a criteria then by all means do compare. That's why I brought up that if JDM Sienta is being sold by AD at a higher price, would u still say it's the better buy? If your answer is yes, that means u are actually comparing the cars per se without having price as a criteria; so then go ahead and compare. But for the majority of us, price is a major factor in buying a car and so to compare 2 cars, starting points ie total package has to be similar for a fair comparison.

In short, u can compare 2 things if they cost differently provided cost is not a consideration but if that's the case u might as well compare Aruz with say Touran, Gran Scenic etc and then u can really say u are comparing 2 cars per se.

• Praise 4

On 4/14/2021 at 3:12 PM, minty said:

Wonder if there is anyone who has booked the Aruz..

I guess more importantly is if they are able to secure the COE... it has been increasing steadily.... wonder if perocom will bid higher without asking buyer to top up or not

On 4/14/2021 at 3:12 PM, minty said:

Wonder if there is anyone who has booked the Aruz..

No much marketing by the AD.

At a price above 90K , quite difficult based on the spec given too

AD profit margin is still on the high side.

5 hours ago, Colin03 said:

No much marketing by the AD.

At a price above 90K , quite difficult based on the spec given too

AD profit margin is still on the high side.

No choice... Aruz don’t have VES rebates... imagine if they are in VES band A2, can deduct $12k from the price.... it will be a lot more attractive.

On 4/12/2021 at 6:19 PM, Zhouwee84 said:

Ur review is really a bad skewed review. 

No stand, prata flip here flip there. Ppl after reading never gain insight. Worse, end up lagi more confused. I think u can stop explaining ur stand. Cos the more u explained, the more complex it becomes. A simple thing can become so complex. 

Seems pigs grown wings and now they can fly. 

Now I know why I dun get it. Cos even experiences bros sis here dun get it. Okok... I confess I m not normal cos pigs all along can fly one. Just that the pigs I see are overweight. 

😂

Frankly hor, I find ppl lurking in attrage and perodua thread abit insecure. Keep justify why one has to buy either brand lah. Wah lao eh, faint sia, buy budget means buy budget lah, talk so much for what, justify what?

Looking at a budget 7 seater must compare like that. Then flip here flip there. Say AD price like that might as well go PI way. Aiya...talk till like that I sum up lah in one word or two.

Gianpeng or siaotam...

Go PI buy JDM must be cheap bcos not AD.

Go Perodua AD must be cheap bcos it is Perodua. 

Aiya frankly, get a life lah. If really got money, dun look at these. Nothing much to discuss, it's just an affordable people mover, what is the big deal? Already a budget 7 seater has its merits so why screw ownself with lousy review? Clearly a case trying to mimic but failed miserably. 

😂

• Haha! 1

Ok lah ok lah... I also chipped in my 2 cents gianpeng worth since I drive one Perodua brand car lah hor, despite various review fr msia & one local for sgcm. 

I viewed & tested the Aruz also. Am always keen to find out more on budget brands & why they are budget after all. Even b4 Aruz finally landed our shores, lotsa vids abt it are all around YouTube in msia. Like it anot, geographically we & msia very close so in many ways we same same ya, dun stir politics here hor. 😉

Go into that plain jane showrm again which many shirked (looked in mirror again pls ya). Wah big car leh, 7 seater sia, the cheapest 7 seater u want anot? Sit high high.. Lotsa plastic, got echo somemore. Pros, can stand harsh weather. Change color also won't chui. Cons, look cheap but hey remind urself u looking at cheapest 7 seater ok, ask so much for what?

Cabin features as, folding seats aircon front, blower rear. Design friendly friendly for kampong. U guys only stay HDB right, too bad? 

Engine, 1.5NA, dun ask me what engine code pls as if I care. I only care abt cc and torque and dun even bother tell me bhp pls. High bhp low torque won't move this tortoise ok. High toque or high bhp choose one, mai kaopeh either one. Want kaopeh go buy high high cc in order to hv best of both worlds but got money anot, ask again lah. And pls dun keep complaining abt it is 4AT. Can give u CVT is very impressive meh, give u bullet proof 4AT let u smile sneakily liao lah. Call a spade a spade. 

Test drive, being big n tall on the move give u a slow moving impression. Indeed not fast & picks up to optimum speed with some heavy foot. If light foot, one sure kaopeh cannot catch up to optimum speed fr standstill one. So guys, fr standstill pls WOT ok (old timers here sure know what WOT). Dun be like typical Singaporeans can afford buy cars but stinge on stepping throttle as if stepping abit more gonna burst pocket like that. Within ubi short stretch twds TP HQ, still can hit 80kmph.

This car, want to cruise at higher speed, can. But the moment speed drop, wanna pick it up again, will take time & effort. Dun compare to Bezza or Myvi 1.5, power response these 2 anytime better than Aruz one. Trust me, I tested all already fr Axia, Bezza, Myvi & Aruz. I m damn siaotam one, got car got models I go test everyone. Come Altiva I also go give it a zhua ok. Budget mah, who cares right? Wanna look a t budget brand then mai shy shy one lah. 

Aruz, if go back my kampong with potholes I not scare, I only scared I need one big mountain to overtake one long vehicle along the trunk roads. Fr the time I see oppo no car, I WOT but hear the car zhua but boh lightning speed. Maybe I switch to gear 3 and zhua see how. No sports mode hor guys. This RWD, u all dun siao siao, bet many drivers nowadays never drive RWD b4. Lost control lost traction, u better pray for the best. Joke joke lah... No power how to lose control leh. Safe lah, an lah. 

Last. Most important one. Price, must be tactful cos dun wanna hurt anyone here. With 90k plus, we lay on the table see what offerings we got lor. Want AD then mai complain ex. Want PI then mai complain it is not AD, war start now. If go PI with other models, common models no scared warranty anot lor. Go AD got warranty but Perodua nothing for me to claim leh. No recalls somemore. End of 5 yrs I also neber gain fr warranty lor. 

So do ur maths ya. I dun go to my mother & ask why she is not as rational as dad. I dun go to my dad & ask why he is not as emo as mum ya. 

🤣

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1