We Can Achieve (Patriotic Song)

steveluv

5 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

On a side note, german food sucks. 

It just goes from offal to wurst. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 7

54 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

And it is always India is the Best! my ex colleague in India even claimed that the best Chinese food is in Bangalore, India. 🤣

This was made during dinner in a Chinese Restaurant in China. After which he used his hands to pick and choose food from the dish that was shared in middle of the table, even though there were serving spoons/chopsticks. Obviously everyone got turned off and the dish was not touched after. 😁

Next time propose eat steamboat...  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

12 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

You mean currywurst suck

😂

My friends who've been to germany say the food sucks. Whether u are eating 100 euro steaks or street food. Lol.

And one of them is a guy who's not that picky with food. So that's saying a lot.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

Most Indians are vegetarian...

So when meal time comes, own time own target..

A much needed reprieve and zen break period for me during pre COVID times..

• Haha! 1

34 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

But by the same token, I am really grossed out by the Chinese eating practice of using one's own chopsticks to take food from a central shared dish. That level of salivary contamination is just not good etiquette in my view. But many Chinese do it and think nothing of it (or at least, didn't, before COVID-19). That's a major difference in cultural norms right there. 

When I eat at Chinese veggie restaurants, my friends defer to my discomfiture by asking for separate utensils for the shared dish and keeping it clean. That's considerate. 

Im chinese but agree with u on that. My father was a doctor and hated it... to this day no one in my family dip their own utensils in common dishes. Always have serving spoons.

• Praise 4

Actually respecting copyright and original ideas in a country of 1.2 billion people, is definitely going to be vague.
The concept of patents/copyright law is only what ? 100+ years old.

Giving credit to the original composer, probably just isn't in the headspace of these people there. Even in Singapore, illegal consumption of media is prevalent even now.
Whether bootleg cassette tapes in the 1980s, burning your own CDs with downloaded music in the 1990s, outright downloading in 2000s

Watching dramas from streaming sites.

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 1

41 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Same. 

South Indian rice meals (banana leaf type) are meant to be eaten with the hands. 

But North Indian briyani rice can use spoons. Kind of expected, actually. 

Oh, and speaking of difference in cultural norms, Indians as a rule don't share food communally. We are scandalised by even minor salivary contamination of our food by others. The joker @Mkl22 mentioned (the one using his grubby hands in the shared dish) likely had poor upbringing. But Indians generally don't do that, or would severely frown on you for that.

But by the same token, I am really grossed out by the Chinese eating practice of using one's own chopsticks to take food from a central shared dish. That level of salivary contamination is just not good etiquette in my view. But many Chinese do it and think nothing of it (or at least, didn't, before COVID-19). That's a major difference in cultural norms right there. 

When I eat at Chinese veggie restaurants, my friends defer to my discomfiture by asking for separate utensils for the shared dish and keeping it clean. That's considerate. 

One for all, all for one. Everyone gets sick together [laugh]

I admit, no such thing as serving spoons in my home. Even if it's food half chewed by my kid, i will eat it so not to waste food.
And i feel most comfortable in such a scenario.

But some of my friends do have separate spoons for home food. I guess it's habit. And some of them do it because of the existence of a helper. And also, they don't have to do their own dishes...

I will respect whichever is the commonly accepted habit where I am. Sometimes do forget though, but nowadays the latter habit is becoming more common, so eating out with acquaintances or casual friends, it's common to use serving spoons.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

On a side note, german food sucks. 

I quite like the food there leh. Breakfast can try Butter Pretzel to carry along and eat. Those are delicious with tea/coffee.

Lunch can try Spätzel, Schnitzel, pork knuckles or white sausage with roast potato, salad or fries. Of course, German beer is a must.

Dinner can try their many Italian, Mediterranean, French and local restaurants. Germany has a lot of immigrants and they bring in their food cuisine also.

Ok paiseh OT liao but just want to say I like the food there. The only European food I don't like is Portuguese food. I really can't stand bacalhau.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 5

30 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I quite like the food there leh. Breakfast can try Butter Pretzel to carry along and eat. Those are delicious with tea/coffee.

Lunch can try Spätzel, Schnitzel, pork knuckles or white sausage with roast potato, salad or fries. Of course, German beer is a must.

Dinner can try their many Italian, Mediterranean, French and local restaurants. Germany has a lot of immigrants and they bring in their food cuisine also.

Ok paiseh OT liao but just want to say I like the food there. The only European food I don't like is Portuguese food. I really can't stand bacalhau.

my friend lived in working class area in UK for a year. He say German food < working class Brit food which is not particularly good already [laugh]
In germany, he just drinks lot of beer there and save the calories. lol.

But ok lah, they just go for conference. Not try all these immigrant type of food.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

Twincharged
46 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

my friend lived in working class area in UK for a year. He say German food < working class Brit food which is not particularly good already [laugh]
In germany, he just drinks lot of beer there and save the calories. lol.

But ok lah, they just go for conference. Not try all these immigrant type of food.

German ok for me, except damn salty....

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, yishunite said:

Im chinese but agree with u on that. My father was a doctor and hated it... to this day no one in my family dip their own utensils in common dishes. Always have serving spoons.

I grew up with serving spoons on common dishes. But I was intro to the use of own utensils by my in-laws. I do not mind. I will just go with the flow of the meal wherever I am.

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

German sausage not bad leh.

Sausage is just sausage to me. American one also ok.
I seldom eat anyway.

But i guess in future, Germany will be a good place to try turkish or arabian cuisine given the large number of immigrants.

Edited by Lala81
  • Haha! 6

14 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Sausage is just sausage to me. American one also ok.
I seldom eat anyway.

But i guess in future, Germany will be a good place to try turkish or arabian cuisine given the large number of immigrants.

Germany also got a lot of PRC

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Germany also got a lot of PRC

Hahaha where are there no PRC? Other than Taiwan, i can't think of any really.

The Chinese were in Louisana, deep South in the late 1800s. They are an important part of some south american food cultures. Mexican Chinese and another one. I can't remember.

• Haha! 2

6 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

And it is always India is the Best! my ex colleague in India even claimed that the best Chinese food is in Bangalore, India. 🤣

This was made during dinner in a Chinese Restaurant in China. After which he used his hands to pick and choose food from the dish that was shared in middle of the table, even though there were serving spoons/chopsticks. Obviously everyone got turned off and the dish was not touched after. 😁

Aiyoh... you never did your homework...

This type of ex-colleague, you should have brought him to dinner at Hai Di Lao that type of hotpot restaurant mah... then ask him to take the food from the middle of the table 

in the hot pot!!!

:XD:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 7