We Can Achieve (Patriotic Song)

steveluv

12 minutes ago, Datsun366 said:

First time at my friend the soccer referee coming of age ceremony.

bhangra deh

Sikh girls deh.

👏👏👏😄

the problem is teaching plagiarism.

maciam Watson and crick not mentioning Rose’s work.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/jun/23/sexism-in-science-did-watson-and-crick-really-steal-rosalind-franklins-data

I have met James Watson before, when he came to NUS decades ago. 

If I had known then what I know now about what a racist old sod he is, I wouldn't have bothered.

Or I would've actively petitioned against his coming like I did (successfully) with Daniel Carleton Gajdusek much later (he was a convicted pedophile, which those inviting him apparently weren't aware of, and were scandalised to learn). 

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

On 3/12/2021 at 10:56 AM, Turboflat4 said:

Given the number of critical posts in this thread alone (including mine, early on) plus all the downvotes on the YT videos *plus* the comments saying exactly the same thing on the one video where comments weren't blocked - how can you possibly think you're the only one?🙄

But the fact that the song was composed by a non-Singaporean to begin with adds an extra dimension of interest. I didnt actually know that, thank you. Still doesn't lessen the cheap act of plagiarism by these jokers. 

I really feel disgusted with the latest development, and I hope I am not posting fake news here.

how-to-fake-it-until-you-make-it-cover.j

20210313-132857.jpg

20210313-150501.jpg

• Shocked 4

8 minutes ago, SGCM928 said:

I really feel disgusted with the latest development, and I hope I am not posting fake news here.

how-to-fake-it-until-you-make-it-cover.j

20210313-132857.jpg

20210313-150501.jpg

Really can PRATA until like that....

642534E7-DFDA-4215-AE05-189523BE5F8F.gif

• Shocked 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha! 6

5 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

It's better for them to take your songs than to take your jobs. But then, our ministars said we have nothing else to offer. 

BTW the sound track wasn't clear, but I thought I heard "We are a thief, we are a thief".....which would be much more appropriate! 

Nothing else to offer?

There is still the Minister job!🤣

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
9 hours ago, steveluv said:

MCCY investigating unauthorised versions of ‘Count on Me, Singapore’

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/mccy-investigating-unauthorised-versions-of-count-on-me-singapore-141215356.html

skarly in the end tio sued by Mother India instead

just like previously they wanted to take Singapore to international court for violating CECA and restricting their people from coming here to work!

🤮

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 7

We need local talents like Lim Tean to F them until jialat jialat...& Huang Yi Liang to butt hurt these shameless CECAs..

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 5

6 hours ago, Kopites said:

Nothing else to offer?

There is still the Minister job!🤣

If offering of minister position still doesn't help, what about a President role? After a 'Malay' President, in a few rounds time, it will be the turn for an Indian. 

Sorry but all these selection of President by race is not just pure nonsense, but racist in the highest level.

Back to the topic, I am eagerly awaiting the results of MCCY  investigation into the potential infringement of copyright to our national song and keeping my finger crossed that we will not let off the shameless copier easily. 

Edited by SGCM928
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

I personally don't see this copyright thing as a big issue to be honest but I doubt they will play this song again in future NDP due to the controversy? It kind of reminds people of this incident (and the new mother india lyrics) if it ever gets played again, and people will associate this with the politics of massive floodgate too. Too bad to pap but these are all connected. 👎

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

On 3/12/2021 at 11:51 AM, Lala81 said:

One for all, all for one. Everyone gets sick together [laugh]

I admit, no such thing as serving spoons in my home. Even if it's food half chewed by my kid, i will eat it so not to waste food.
And i feel most comfortable in such a scenario.

But some of my friends do have separate spoons for home food. I guess it's habit. And some of them do it because of the existence of a helper. And also, they don't have to do their own dishes...

I will respect whichever is the commonly accepted habit where I am. Sometimes do forget though, but nowadays the latter habit is becoming more common, so eating out with acquaintances or casual friends, it's common to use serving spoons.

Among close family and at home, it may still be ok but outside, it is very much frowned upon but sometimes i still have friends and colleagues using their own chopsticks to serve dishes to me. It is gross, so next time i sit far far away from these people. Lol

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
On 3/12/2021 at 5:27 PM, Datsun366 said:

Fyi somewhere in Deutschland , 

4. One very soft and nice and large German wife.

Please elaborate.

Edited by Karoon
  • Haha! 3

23 hours ago, SGCM928 said:

20210313-150501.jpg

https://www.asiaone.com/node/30820

Non-Singaporean composed Singapore national day songs

JOSEPH THENG

THE NEW PAPER

Jul 29, 2013

Recounting his experience writing Stand Up For Singapore, he said: "I was given the brief on a Friday and spent a weekend conceptualising an appropriate theme."

The Monday after, he was recording a Coca-Cola advertisement at Lion Studios, which is now partially owned by jazz musician Jeremy Monteiro.

Mr Harrison, who used to play at Canadian jazz bars, said: "I sat down at the piano and laid down a demo version. I can only think that the words must have flowed quite naturally from the theme and the music flowed from the words."

One of these two is lying

It's a troubling development.   Because who knows what else can be done in the future?

Imagine if our pledge and  national anthem gets "rearranged" as well.

Its troubling. 

• Praise 4

Turbocharged
On 3/13/2021 at 5:30 PM, Freeder said:

We need local talents like Lim Tean to F them until jialat jialat...& Huang Yi Liang to butt hurt these shameless CECAs..

That's the only appropriate response!

Can only respond with ridicule and sarcasm. Not much else is worth doing, especially not legal action, which would achieve little, as they were not singing for profit.

On 3/14/2021 at 8:09 AM, Weez911 said:

I personally don't see this copyright thing as a big issue to be honest but I doubt they will play this song again in future NDP due to the controversy? It kind of reminds people of this incident (and the new mother india lyrics) if it ever gets played again, and people will associate this with the politics of massive floodgate too. Too bad to pap but these are all connected. 👎

IMHO.
Singapore is or to be a global IP hub for Asia.  In order for that to happen,  IPs need to be enforced. 
If it is not a big issue to you,  I guess you are alright for others to copy what you do at a reduced cost. 

Of cos pain is not felt by just looking at the fire until the fire burns.

On 3/13/2021 at 10:50 PM, SGCM928 said:

If offering of minister position still doesn't help, what about a President role? After a 'Malay' President, in a few rounds time, it will be the turn for an Indian. 

Sorry but all these selection of President by race is not just pure nonsense, but racist in the highest level.

Back to the topic, I am eagerly awaiting the results of MCCY  investigation into the potential infringement of copyright to our national song and keeping my finger crossed that we will not let off the shameless copier easily. 

IMHO.
Infringement sometimes is straight forward.
If you hear something and it reminds you of something else,  it is very likely there will be infringement.
Similarly,   if come across a handbag that looks like one from those exclusive brands but it is not, then there is likely to be infringement.  

On 3/13/2021 at 10:15 AM, Staff69 said:

hmmm....anyone doing their dissertations on intellectual property rights. do you mind sending me a copy of it.

i promise,  would only do 3 minor changes to it.

change your name to mine , student id and add in a credit to the original author at the end of it

please help

IMHO.
Why limit yourself ?   Google is your best friend.  Unless of cos  you are limiting so as not to do it.  Are you? 

The children are innocent. They didn't know and got hookwinked by this joey mendoza. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3